• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How rare are NT girls? Does society comdemn this personality type in females?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Most girls I seem to meet are SF's, as well as E's. The party scene is literally littered with them. Not that there aren't a lot of cool ESF's, but I sure wouldn't mind more INT's or NT's in general running around.

Do any of you think society rewards female ESF behavior over that of the INT? I am also wondering how rare they are in reality, I haven't found any stats on the issue.

Didums

NT

INTJ – Female: 0.8% ; Male: 3.3%

INTP – Female: 1.8% ; Male: 4.8%

ENTP – Female: 2.4% ; Male: 4.0%

ENTJ – Female: 0.9% ; Male: 2.7%

Source: Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Personality Traits

Never trust one source though however (this one happens to be old, from 1998), different sites tend to vary in their statistics. However, there is a general trend in most of them that there are significantly less NT females than NT males. It has to do with the differences in male and female brain structures/wirings.

**EDIT**: Jackpot:

Estimated Frequencies of Types - CAPT.org

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Official MBTI statistics are F'd. That's just my intuition speaking, but I trust it with my life every chance I get.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
We are pretty rare. And if you met me in real life, just by chance, you might not realize I was NT, since I tend to chameleon a lot.

Life as an NT woman can generally be summed up like this:

squarepeg.jpg

People want you to be softer, less opinionated, less sarcastic, more supportive and maternal. They want you to care about concepts less and social activities more. They want you to spend your whole life dreaming of marriage and children, and pity you if you don't.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
these are some interesting stats. there are supposedly more J's than P in society (slightly), didn't know that. S vs N was kinda obvious, but these stats back it up quite well. they give a 1:2 ratio between N's and S's. that's significant. the F vs T divide in sexes is obvious too. i thought this may be a mainly S thing given the social norms in our society, but the same divide is amongst the N's. how interesting.

the one useful conclusion i've come to is that i'l jump the next N female i meet :D

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
People taking the official MBTI are often doing so for other reasons than self-assessment, such as trying to impress an employer. Why on Earth do you think people test ISTJ more than ESFP?

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
That's funny that ENTP is supposed to be the most common form of female NT, because I've known females of the other NT types, but I'm not sure if I've ever known an ENTP female.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's funny that ENTP is supposed to be the most common form of female NT, because I've known females of the other NT types, but I'm not sure if I've ever known an ENTP female.

I have never known any in person.

(Then again, I don't think I've met any other INTP or ENTJ women in person either... just a few INTJs.)

Then again, look at how much "more common" it is.
Not really that much more at all.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Society looks well on NF girls, but looks at NF guys as sissies or not macho enough. They seem to think that, well, Talluha said it best
People want you to be softer, less opinionated, less sarcastic, more supportive and maternal. They want you to care about concepts less and social activities more. They want you to spend your whole life dreaming of marriage and children, and pity you if you don't

NT men seem to do fine.

SJs and SPs don't seem to have this problem.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People taking the official MBTI are often doing so for other reasons than self-assessment, such as trying to impress an employer. Why on Earth do you think people test ISTJ more than ESFP?

It depends on how they do the assess. If it's purely self-scoring, then yes, there's going to be bias (conscious or unconscious) in a situation where you have an idea of what the employer expects and what could happen to you if you do not conform to that. It does no good for people to risk their jobs (potentially) just to "be honest on a personality test."

Usehername

On a mission
The thing about NTs is that we're (generally) not that dumb.

Surface conformism can take you lots of places. After time you learn to read where and with whom you can be yourself.

I'd venture to guess there's lots of xNTx females we've all met whom we didn't recognize as such, because they were both intelligent enough and socially skilled enough to know that "being themselves" would be more hassle than just flying under the radar for an evening or an event.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
How hard society is on an NT female depends entirely on who she associates with.

I have a feeling that it'd be hardest on INTP females. INTJs... not so much.

Gen

MBTI Type
INTP
I find that anyone worth knowing actually finds NT females (me) a nice change of pace... even if I do say so myself :)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'd venture to guess there's lots of xNTx females we've all met whom we didn't recognize as such, because they were both intelligent enough and socially skilled enough to know that "being themselves" would be more hassle than just flying under the radar for an evening or an event.

Yep.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
NT girls are too rare, IMO.
NF girls aren't exactly common either.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
People want you to be softer, less opinionated, less sarcastic, more supportive and maternal. They want you to care about concepts less and social activities more. They want you to spend your whole life dreaming of marriage and children, and pity you if you don't.

i wouldn't mind someone pitying me if they'd keep it to themselves, but they seem to be compelled to let you know either by literally saying it or by trying to 'fix' you with pushy opinions, invites, suggestions, etc. males mostly seem to be like that when trying to convince you that going out with them is what you 'need'.

The thing about NTs is that we're (generally) not that dumb.

Surface conformism can take you lots of places. After time you learn to read where and with whom you can be yourself.

absolutely. when in certain modes, people are incredibly easy to read because they don't have to think about it. they do it without thinking because it's how they naturally are. they make it very clear what's expected, and what isn't said is ridiculously easy to watch and learn. after doing that from the day you're born, you get extremely good at reading situations.

the only time i'll consciously morph into who i'm talking to is when i'm in a business situation, or any other similar situation, where it's to my benefit (or a loved one's benefit) to play along and my detriment not to. i just do my best to keep those situations at a minimum for happiness' sake.

How hard society is on an NT female depends entirely on who she associates with.

wish i knew what that meant.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't know whether to participate in this thread or not. I mean, back when I was an NT girl I wasn't actually a girl at all, I just thought I was cos I looked like one... all the same I still got all the same downsides that genuine NT girls get and have those experiences in my past (meaning I relate a lot to much of what's said here but Usehername, digest etc). But yet now I'm a guy lol I think expectations of me HAVE changed and the way my NT-ness is 'received' has changed... not in all aspects, my parents and family still expect SF female behaviour from me, just as they did back when I looked like one. I'm still working with a counsellor to get over the hangups I have from a background of being told I "should" be a certain way, emotionally, and punishing myself for not being that way - and believing others will. In fact, they don't any more.

So in effect my participation by relating my experience can very much verify that yes, society is mean to NT females!!

Usehername

On a mission
The other thing is that people (in my experience, xSFJ females) can get super clingy when they hear you make a wry comment or very non-standard observation about something... they treat you like a new toy and ask you questions you don't want to answer, or constantly will contrast your opinion with a "normal person's opinion" and will choose contrary to whatever position you hold because they see you as "not normal."

That's just a headache I hate dealing with.

Or is this just me? :huh:

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
The other thing is that people (in my experience, xSFJ females) can get super clingy when they hear you make a wry comment or very non-standard observation about something... they treat you like a new toy and ask you questions you don't want to answer, or constantly will contrast your opinion with a "normal person's opinion" and will choose contrary to whatever position you hold because they see you as "not normal."

That's just a headache I hate dealing with.

Or is this just me? :huh:

no, it's not just you. when around certain females and males, and i say the things i say (don't have to tell you people), then that's what i hear from them. they like how i am and that's nice, but instead of it being a shared, mutual, give and take experience, then it can quickly become a burden because then it's like they want me around all the time... entertaining them like a circus bear. it gets exhausting and feels like i'm being bled dry. leaving the parts of me that are deeper, introspective, not 'socially' theoretical, etc. unused (therefore left in a concentrated form) and i have to get away from everyone like them in order to be the total 'me' again.

i'm having fun and being appreciated, and that's a great feeling, but it's for only one or two aspects of me. the joking part and/or the analytical part (which they prefer to mostly be about them and/or something shallow or connected to them).

don't get me wrong, i like being liked for being me, sure, and i don't hate them for showing it, not at all, but it is what it is: a double-edged sword. leaving me feeling empty if i'm the only one to think/act/talk like me for too long. kind of lonely even in a crowd, you could say.