• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Making friends and spending time with them

AUDARASHTESLA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Well, I've always struggled with making friends since kindergarten (i have a letter from my mum to my kindergarten teacher about me not having friends) till now. Ive been the quiet, self-entertaining and weird one and just like others can't relate to me i can't to. Nobody around me is like me and they never share interests with me (i had a huge crush on deinonychus and skeletons, fiction books and these kinda things every one likes -i mean, if you know deinonychus you WILL love "him" or "it". Idk how to refer to a dinosaur- or i like to know every thing. Just name one thing, from different types of clouds to poetry, i want to know it all -which people around me find freakish and ...) my current friend (the only person that actually talks to me) and i both like Eminem and tho we're friends and the only thing we talk about is he. I myself am not a huge fan, i just listen to him but my friend is always like "my marshall this, my marshall that" and i'm really bored. I just have to look exited (if i'm in a good mood, or else i just say do i look like some one who gives a sh*t?) and whenever i talk about things that i'm interested in, she doesn't really care. (For example did you know that mozart said "if i were obliged to marry all women with whom i have jested with, i should have at least 200 wives!)
Considering the fact that she is the only one that talks to me (lol) what do you think i should do?

P.s. I dont feel comfortable asking for advise from others and it's not a prob that i cant handle. But i jsut wanted to hear all suggestions.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
I guarantee there are people out there who share a love of learning, and a desire to excitedly share all that information :)

Have you ever checked out Find your people - Meetup? It takes some trial and error to find a group you jive with, but there is an enormous diversity of people who use meetup to find like minded people. The local games or trivia nights are great ice-breaker meet and greet events, I have a feeling you would enjoy the people you meet there.

Also, have you considered volunteering? Museums, science centres, art galleries, sports events, symphonies, all need volunteers. It's a great excuse to talk about your favourite topic and share it with people who may be experiencing it for the first time, and a foolproof way to meet people who feel the same way. And give back to your community. And become more comfortable with strangers/public speaking.

I was obsessed with Ichthyosaurs. I understand. :)

Laxton

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't expect you to listen to what I have to say, as it calls for a very major lifestyle change that you will probably not have an interest in attempting. It's strange how different that we are despite being only one letter apart in terms of MBTI.

I spend much of my time taking part in activities that introduce me to many different people. I play recreational sports, tutor people in school, have a job that involves a lot of social interaction, and can make pretty much anybody that I meet laugh.

I recommend that you start finding out whatever it is that people around you like, taking an interest in it yourself, and spend time putting yourself out there more. The problem with being self-absorbed is that people tend to ignore you and you cannot relate to them as well, mainly because you are focused on yourself and not them.

My social skills developed from taking a lot of advice and putting myself out there. I still feel awkward from time to time, especially when meeting someone that I want to make a good impression on, however I can still talk to them if need be.

The person that you are talking about sounds like they have some form of autism.