• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT, How Are You NOT Like Your Type Description?

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Add a fair measure of ENTP to the mix so that you get somewhere between INTJ and INTP.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
I do SP things like auto/motorcycle mechanics and "extreme" sports. I know I'm NT though cuz I have the understanding to know what's wrong with my car but absolutely NO drive to jump in there & fix it, heh. (Driven to understanding, not action)

Frank

I am not emotionally retarded although up until cetain points of my life I may have been. I do not need empirical proof for everything and in fact may be more like an nf when it comes to spirituality type things. My intuition simply tells me that some things are closer to accurate than others even though no significant evidence exists.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I have no obvious social issues. I am not great with math (but better with science), I work in HR, I'm easy to talk to and fairly extroverted for an INTJ. I'm not messy, I care about fashion and how I look (nails, pedicures, hair). I have a soft center for children and animals.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not like my type description in the sense that i'm very balanced between J/P, so i'm kinda messy (yet I provide structure for others and feel bad when my stuff is a mess).
And i'm probably close to what some people now call ambiverted. I have a strong need to be alone to recharge and a few other introverted traits.

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not socially inept. It's a skill. You learn that shit too.

Ilah

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJ is supposed to be the most confident type. I have struggled with self confidence most of my life and have finally gotten it up to average.

I am more interested in history, psycholgy, literature, culture, than I am in the hard sciences like physics, computers, chemistry, etc.

I have a strong mystical/metaphysical side which I don't see listed in the INTJ type descriptions. Is that more NF? Or have they just left that out of all the type descriptions. Jung seemed to think of N as some what mystical, but other writers seems to have left that part out of their N description.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
From everything that I have learned on this site and real life, I will dare to say that I am embodiment of the INTJ stereotype.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I am not a scientist. At all.
Hated maths in highschool. Loathed chemistry.
I am more pragmatic than my type suggests...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I often feel like myself and other NTs are effectively seen as either "SP" or "SJ" (by SPs/SJs) because SPs tend to classify people as cool or prudish, and SJs classify people as responsible or reckless. Since I'm all these things at different times, the judgment can go either way.

I think that's pretty typical in general of people.
We interpret the actions of others based on our own frame of reference.

That's why SJ's get hardass on SP's (for example) for being "irresponsible." Responsibility is part of their frame. Meanwhile, the SPs often aren't trying to rebel or be irresponsible, for them they're thinking in terms of "freedom [to act]." And SPs see SJ's as "joyless deadbeats."

And NTs get accused by SJs of "breakers of the system" while we evaluate them as "illogical" or "status quo conformists."

Etc.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I laugh a lot.

And it's not necessarily maniacal laughter, either.

This offsets a lot of the 'cold INTJ' vibe I give off.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Meanwhile, the SPs often aren't trying to rebel or be irresponsible, for them they're thinking in terms of "freedom [to act]."

I'm always trying to rebel. :devil:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP: I have feelings and I enjoy them.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I care quite a bit what others think of me, and like Poriferan, I'm a bit of a romantic.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTP: i'm not an egomaniac.

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm not a controlling person. Especially in team projects, even if someone else isn't the most learned in what we're working on, I like to hear everyone's input because to me it's just interesting to hear what people have to say, and it's just always good to hear what others think (most of the time.)

I'm a serious person, but I also smile and laugh often.

I'm not a huge perfectionist in everything I do, but I get selective.

I've had a ton of struggles with self confidence.

I take more social initiative than INTJs are depicted out to be. As a whole I'm kinda irritated with things like "speed friendship" (which we just had at the college I'm at) because it seems like too much of a crapshoot and most of the time nothing REALLY worthwhile comes of it (friend or relationship.)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm not that serious. It's true :yes: