• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ father

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So I finally got my dad to take the test (humanmetrics one) and his result is INTJ.

How do I know if it's accurate? I want to say it's probably true but I'm not too sure. I only know one other INTJ and I don't see any similarities. I'm not the best person to figure this out since I'm so horrible at typing (although I'm pretty sure my mom is an ESxJ haha;)) so I'm asking for a little help.

A few things about him:

-He's a very laidback type of dad but he is never one to talk about his emotions. As an INFP, I had an extremely hard time with him growing up because of this. He was also sort of overprotective but not overbearing like my mom. With my younger siblings, however, he has gotten a lot more lenient and playful.

-Stubborn. Stubborn. It's hard to make him see another point of view and he's stuck in his ways.

-Hardworking, extremely loyal to his family and somewhat traditional.

-Keeps to himself mostly, is not the adventure type and prefers to go to beach and relax vs. visiting a new city or historical place.

-He's a manager at his job and is a no-nonsense kind of boss. Very perfectionistic and expects only the best from his employees. I've seen it firsthand. But he's also very generous to those who are hard-working and loyal to the company.

-My grandmother died of cancer when he was still a teenager. I've always noticed it's difficult for him to talk about so he never brings it up. I know he was really close to her and admired her greatly.

I don't know how helpful all of that can be to accurately type someone. I'll add more as I think of it.

Thanks!

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sounds like a IXTJ to say the least. 1w9?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
So I finally got my dad to take the test (humanmetrics one) and his result is INTJ.

How do I know if it's accurate? I want to say it's probably true but I'm not too sure. I only know one other INTJ and I don't see any similarities. I'm not the best person to figure this out since I'm so horrible at typing (although I'm pretty sure my mom is an ESFJ haha;)) so I'm asking for a little help.

A few things about him:

-He's a very laidback type of dad but he is never one to talk about his emotions. As an INFP, I had an extremely hard time with him growing up because of this. He was also sort of overprotective but not overbearing like my mom. With my younger siblings, however, he has gotten a lot more lenient and playful.

-Stubborn. Stubborn. It's hard to make him see another point of view and he's stuck in his ways.

-Keeps to himself mostly, is not the adventure type and prefers to go to beach and relax vs. visiting a new city or historical place.

-He's a manager at his job and is a no-nonsense kind of boss. Very perfectionistic and expects only the best from his employees. I've seen it firsthand. But he's also very generous to those who are hard-working and loyal to the company.

-My grandmother died of cancer when he was still a teenager. I've always noticed it's difficult for him to talk about so he never brings it up. I know he was really close to her and admired her greatly.

I don't know how helpful all of that can be to accurately type someone. I'll add more as I think of it.

Thanks!

This sounds like ISTJ to me. (they often score as INTJs on tests)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

How do I know if it's accurate? I want to say it's probably true but I'm not too sure. I only know one other INTJ and I don't see any similarities. I'm not the best person to figure this out since I'm so horrible at typing (although I'm pretty sure my mom is an ESFJ haha;)) so I'm asking for a little help.

A few things about him:

Thanks!

Sounds IxTJ, my dad is INTJ as well. Si dom is more focused on what, dom Ni is more focused on how.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ahh... Set in his own ways, perfectionistic, expects the best, stubborn, but relatively laid-back (w9). It was a mild guess.

Annaifiwas

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would, like many others, actually say ISTJ, and 1w9 sounds pretty reasonable as well.

Does this fit him?:

As a dominant function, Si manifests as a powerful memory for what has worked well in the past, and the desire to structure one’s life around the traditions and positive outcomes of past experiences.
As an auxiliary function, Te manifests as the ability to take concrete, efficient action on the user’s analysis of what the best thing to do would be.
As a tertiary function, Ni manifests as the desire to optimize or perfect upon one’s pre-existing talents or skills.
As an inferior function, Fe originally manifests as the user being reluctant to dabble with or express emotional concerns, as the user cannot logically make sense of many of his or her own emotions and therefore doesn’t feel confident in moderating them.
As Fe matures, its user will feel increasingly comfortable making and keeping emotional commitments to others, as they grow more confident in what is expected of them.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^Yes.

What are some key differences between INTJ and ISTJ?

Thank you to everyone for your help! :hug:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

How do I know if it's accurate? I want to say it's probably true but I'm not too sure. I only know one other INTJ and I don't see any similarities. I'm not the best person to figure this out since I'm so horrible at typing (although I'm pretty sure my mom is an ESxJ haha;)) so I'm asking for a little help.

A few things about him:

Thanks!

There is not enough here to discern INTJ vs. ISTJ

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^Yes.

Thank you to everyone for your help! :hug:

INTJ will be more intellectual, studious and like talking about ideas and concepts. ISTJs are people who just get shit done and are more traditional. ISTJs have a higher percentage of projects that will come to completion. INTJs will sometimes start things they don't finish.

Starry

^Yes.

Possibly sanity.

It's interesting to me that you describe your Dad as laid back...as well as overprotective because I can't picture it or how that would work. I love contradictions in people though...

My Dad is INTJ and he is not laid back but has humor and does share his emotions. I also would not regard him as "constructively overprotective". I would say that he suddenly becomes paranoid and then shares the crazy with us.

My Dad is surprisingly fluid behind his "shit talk". He is interested in thinking that differs from his own unless the person is a "kook" of course.

My Dad works hard but is easily distracted by things that interest him. He is dedicated to those he loves but is not even remotely traditional.

My Dad has no interest in meeting new people although he can be talkative and animated with people he is close to. I feel he has a good balance between interpersonal and alone time. He is adventurous.

-He's a manager at his job and is a no-nonsense kind of boss. Very perfectionistic and expects only the best from his employees. I've seen it firsthand. But he's also very generous to those who are hard-working and loyal to the company

My Dad would end it all if forced to supervise people. He hates office/social politics and would make his employees cry on a daily basis because he has no polished public persona and won't lie even if it's white.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTJ will be more intellectual, studious and like talking about ideas and concepts. ISTJs are people who just get shit done and are more traditional. ISTJs have a higher percentage of projects that will come to completion. INTJs will sometimes start things they don't finish.

My dad is definitely ISTJ then. I also read the description on personalitypage and it's spot on.

Puffypolma

Bizarre Love Triangle
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I am INFP with ISTJ dad as well. I never got along well with him until when I went to university. :shrug::shrug:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My dad is definitely ISTJ then. I also read the description on personalitypage and it's spot on.

Not saying one way or another but Enneagram will "flavor" a type toward what you may think is a different type.

Best to look at E1 as well. Or seach differences in ISTJ 1 and INTJ 1's.

They can be subtle differences.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am INFP with ISTJ dad as well. I never got along well with him until when I went to university. :shrug::shrug:

Same. It's only now that I'm older that I can have somewhat better conversations with him. But growing up it was difficult, I always felt I was not being listened to.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Not saying one way or another but Enneagram will "flavor" a type toward what you may think is a different type.

Best to look at E1 as well. Or seach differences in ISTJ 1 and INTJ 1's.

They can be subtle differences.

This is true, but this can be twisted the other way around: How many INTJ 1s are just well educated and competent ISTJs ?

Same can be with culture, INTJs profiles are more correct for me than ENTJ ones, since they have much less cultural bias.
However from cognitive perspective eNTJ is actually a better fit from me.

Sometimes it is just hard to pinpoint the person if you don't meet them face to face and spend some time with them.

(just saying)