• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
There might be another thread with this title already but I was too lazy to look. So there you have it. Ask away.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How does ENTP deal with an emotional problem? Like can you explain the psychology of ENTP at that time?

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
How does ENTP deal with an emotional problem? Like can you explain the psychology of ENTP at that time?

We open our trusty ACME catalog, there's usually something in there appropriate for the situation. :coffee:
51uZA5TeRRL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Seriously though, I think we prefer to stay away from emotional problems. Matters that cannot be logically broken down into its constituent parts tend to be often nonsensical. If someone approaches me emotional I usually try to get them to detach emotionally from the situation so they can analyze it impartially. Sometimes this backfires as it will make the person even more emotional due to my detachedness. If something is emotionally effecting me and I can't logically process it I typically play it down with humor, sarcasm, and irony. I figure, well fuck, if it makes me sad then maybe there's something in there that can make me laugh. :shrug: It might be a way of avoidance since the ENTP demeanor is typically to be more detached.

This might be a shitty answer though.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What does an ENTP look for in a good friend?

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
What does an ENTP look for in a good friend?

A ridiculously large bank account.

Seriously though, open-mindedness and tolerance for our bullshit. Someone that has values ( we actually appreciate people who have a strong sense of duty and values as it tickles our Fe and Si) but isn't easily offended which goes back to tolerating our bullshit. Also a friend that's willing to argue with us is a bonus. Having perfect peace and harmony where everyone just agrees and gets along is kind of boring :shrug:

I have a diverse portfolio as far as friends go.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you or do you not have an ego?

Libra_Rising

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
I don't avoid my emotions, but I do avoid other people's emotions. I dislike people being overly gushy or aggressive or pushy. I think ENTPs in general prefer people to be upfront about how they feel. We're pretty flexible and open, we just don't tend to like to cater to anyone in particular, and not for an extended duration, without a reason (we'll do it for friends, family, spouse, etc.).

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx

Had one this morning.

As to your actual question, yes. I think everyone has an ego if we understand it in the Freudian sense (along with id and super ego).

Libra_Rising

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Everyone must have an ego, but it'll exist on various levels. I think egos are like security blankets, sometimes you need it more and sometimes you put it away.

Laxton

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Yes, it's actually pretty absurd how ridiculously large my ego is, but I also have a strong sense of self-confidence that is born out of an enhanced ability to manage my responsibilities and follow through on personal endeavors than the average person.

I'm corky, arrogant, and have a large ego, but I believe that it is justified.

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Will a random companion like me help with your researches/ideas so long as you have the space to let it out. Or if, a certain kind of people will work better than "just a random".

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Will a random companion like me help with your researches/ideas so long as you have the space to let it out. Or if, a certain kind of people will work better than "just a random".

Mail me your resume and I'll get back to you :coffee:

But seriously, if you have good ideas or are someone easy to bounce ideas off of then it really doesn't matter if you're random ( by random I assume you mean a stranger) or someone I know well. ENTPs I know put less emphasis on people personally and more on the ideas people can generate.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What was the kindest thing someone has ever done that left an impression on you?

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Mail me your resume and I'll get back to you :coffee:

But seriously, if you have good ideas or are someone easy to bounce ideas off of then it really doesn't matter if you're random ( by random I assume you mean a stranger) or someone I know well. ENTPs I know put less emphasis on people personally and more on the ideas people can generate.

You were right to assume I am a stranger of an unknown person type. So in a way, that you talk to the others and put emphasis on people more, either as a natural tendency, than just sort of shutting yourself into some virtual space or a closed laboratory of floating and undeveloped or ill developed ideas. That sounds good. You reminded me of someone else that shows very simular characteristic as you, even near identical.

I hope I am right about what I put here. Is it then that you do not often got lose thoughts that are underdeveloped or incomplete, that you are so used to expressing things already?

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
What kind of stuff engages your Ne?

Lots of weed.

No, I don't think there's uniform preferences for Ne in terms of what engages someone. It's all based on preferences of interest. For me it's too many things to succinctly list but I like subjects that are a bit of undiscovered frontier such as typology or some theories about the universe.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
What was the kindest thing someone has ever done that left an impression on you?

This is a fantastic question and I have to admit I drawing blanks maybe because I don't put sentiment in such high regard. Probably my uncle helping me out when I was younger. I ran into some life troubles and he basically gave me his home free of charge and fresh start to actually make something of myself.

- - - Updated - - -

How do I work this?

You can't, it doesn't work.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
You were right to assume I am a stranger of an unknown person type. So in a way, that you talk to the others and put emphasis on people more, either as a natural tendency, than just sort of shutting yourself into some virtual space or a closed laboratory of floating and undeveloped or ill developed ideas. That sounds good. You reminded me of someone else that shows very simular characteristic as you, even near identical.

I hope I am right about what I put here. Is it then that you do not often got lose thoughts that are underdeveloped or incomplete, that you are so used to expressing things already?

Yes, unlike the INTP I don't have a strong self-feedback loop with my Si. I require external feedback for my ideas and I do this by engaging others through my Fe.

I get the 'spark' of some ideas and then roughly work out their logical implications and the hurl them into the world by engaging others with the ideas. I don't spend much time developing ideas internally but rather externally with others.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Will you vote on the "What's your Socionics type" sticky in the Socionics forum as ILE? ;)

Na, I'm just proselytizing.