• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] An INTJ with ENTJ-ish tendencies.

BrainySchmuck

MBTI Type
IN?J
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is it very uncommon for an INTJ to act like an ENTJ, sometimes?
And does it happen with me due to my action oriented enneagram (sub)type(1w2)?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know I do this now and then. It can be exhilarating, but takes alot of energy and I cannot keep it up for long.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
It happened to me in my mid-/late twenties. Everything stereotypical about a Te-dominant — order, execution, priorities, all before theory or relationships — exploded for about 5 years.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I don't think it's uncommon, I do it at times. Maybe it stems from being an e8. Either way, I can't sustain it for too long.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Depends on how you're defining "acting like an ENTJ". INTJs are as aggressive as we are, but I don't see them as being as typically in your face unless they're cornered or otherwise under duress.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I can tell you that all INTJs have fantasies about being as effective and manipulative as they fantasize ENTJs to be.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Seeing as I do think people can be type fluid, I'm not surprised or concerned by all of this. I have ENTP moments sometimes.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can tell you that all INTJs have fantasies about being as effective and manipulative as they fantasize ENTJs to be.
Considering that we tend to be quite effective in turning "fantasy" into reality, it is a good thing that our fantasies are much more constructive than this.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Considering that we tend to be quite effective in turning "fantasy" into reality, it is a good thing that our fantasies are much more constructive than this.

You're definitely effective in wanting to turn your fantasies into reality. Accomplishing that desire is another matter, and something I very seldom see from the ones i know- at least in a larger ratio of successes to failures. But hey, that's why reality is reality, and fantasy is fantasy. Do you think it's just the 90% failure rate that makes INTJs such a disillusioned and cynical lot by nature?

BrainySchmuck

MBTI Type
IN?J
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
but I don't see them as being as typically in your face unless they're cornered or otherwise under duress.
I'm never like an ENTJ in those situations, instead I become more like a sarcastic jerk INTP.

BrainySchmuck

MBTI Type
IN?J
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're definitely effective in wanting to turn your fantasies into reality. Accomplishing that desire is another matter, and something I very seldom see from the ones i know- at least in a larger ratio of successes to failures.
Yeah...
Do you think it's just the 90% failure rate that makes INTJs such a disillusioned and cynical lot by nature?
Nah...

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've once knew an INTJ 1w2 sp/(unsure) and I thought he was an E for sometime, we were quite close, too. He did put on his extroverted mask much more often and easily than some of the 5's I've come across. I sometimes think it was at least partly related to being e1 and more body-centered than e5's. He was one of the most intelligent people I've known, but he was also a doer, incredibly action-oriented.. and had a good balance between coding/reading/escaping into his mind, and creating/projecting/networking/hanging with friends. He probably had twice as many acquaintance-based contacts than I did, even at my most social exploring/partying phases during my teens and 20's.

Also, and I'm not sure if your being literal when you mention a touch being a blow, but I believe he had some sensory-processing issues. He didn't like wearing certain fabrics, couldn't handle various hygiene products on his skin, because the feel and smell was overwhelming. (I'm talking about even scentless lotions). Because he was so intelligent, he was able to develop many coping-mechanisms over the years with these sensitivities. They would fall into the back-drop to his more conscious focus of being highly disciplined and functioning, but occasionally he'd bite off more than he could chew and become intensely irritated, without being able to identify why (sensory overload). His emotions/affections were... I don't want to say childish but, pure and innocent, which he became very guarded about (for good reason), but on the off chance he did get involved intimately, I believe he experienced something similar to the idealizations of his partner that you'd see more commonly in people a bit younger. He had a hard time grasping emotional-games and manipulations with love interests, though not so much with people in general.

Anyhow, most Intj's I know will admit that they've mastered the Te mask, it being a necessary component to them accomplishing what they want, or need. Once you look a little closer, inferior Se and Fi presents quite obviously, imo.

Not sure about creating at the level you describe. But I wouldn't be surprised.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're definitely effective in wanting to turn your fantasies into reality. Accomplishing that desire is another matter, and something I very seldom see from the ones i know- at least in a larger ratio of successes to failures. But hey, that's why reality is reality, and fantasy is fantasy. Do you think it's just the 90% failure rate that makes INTJs such a disillusioned and cynical lot by nature?
Of course not, since that is more like our success rate. But then I cannot vouch for the INTJs you know, only myself and my associates, and there are quite a few INTJs among them. When we are disillusioned and cynical, which certainly isn't uncommon, it is because we see the world for what it is, behind all the hype and sugar coating. I have read that paradoxically we can be quite idealistic as well, because we can see equally clearly what the world could be. This is the fuel for those fantasies, while the cynicism provides both a reality check and a motivation.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Of course not, since that is more like our success rate. But then I cannot vouch for the INTJs you know, only myself and my associates, and there are quite a few INTJs among them. When we are disillusioned and cynical, which certainly isn't uncommon, it is because we see the world for what it is, behind all the hype and sugar coating. I have read that paradoxically we can be quite idealistic as well, because we can see equally clearly what the world could be. This is the fuel for those fantasies, while the cynicism provides both a reality check and a motivation.

That makes perfect sense, but I disagree. I myself find little fault in the world for what it is, behind the hype, behind the sugar coating, behind the existential insignificance of it all, and I personally abide in a state of appreciative wonder. So I very seldom feel the impulse to change anything, except maybe to mend things that are broken. I'm no less aware of reality than anyone, so cynicism has origins elsewhere me thinks.

I also think the feline tendency of INTJs to convince themselves that their failures were never their goals in the first place is adorable. ;)

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That makes perfect sense, but I disagree. I myself find little fault in the world for what it is, behind the hype, behind the sugar coating, behind the existential insignificance of it all, and I personally abide in a state of appreciative wonder. So I very seldom feel the impulse to change anything, except maybe to mend things that are broken. I'm no less aware of reality than anyone, so cynicism has origins elsewhere me thinks.
My INTP does much the same. I think this comes down to Te/Ti. Te is external judgment, and as such considers far more to be "broken" or at least in need of improvement, then takes action on it.

I also think the feline tendency of INTJs to convince themselves that their failures were never their goals in the first place is adorable. ;)
Don't confuse process and outcome. I have small failures in process all the time, but because I never lose sight of the end goal, I can switch gears and find another way to reach it. So, the step that failed was at most an intermediate goal, easily replaced by something equivalent that serves the same end.

BrainySchmuck

MBTI Type
IN?J
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=12991]Santosha[/MENTION]
The last thread I posted has nothing to do with this one, the quote was obviously exaggerated in its describing. :)
But anyway, thanks a lot for sharing that experience, I can relate to most of it.

Yeah, Te.

Oh I didn't get what you mean at the beginning, now after taking the socionics test and coming out as LIE-Te I got it. But wow..that was a very short answer to come from an ESFP. :huh:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
i rarely notice ntjs act anything. but i am watching you, just that you know. I watching all of you !!!

JClassic

MBTI Type
ENTJ
If an introvert is an "ambivert" (having characteristics of both E and I) than yes they will sometimes act like an ENTJ.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

They say SPs are blunt. :whistling: