• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Sir YES Sir! The NT's guide to falling in line:

T

ThatGirl

It is no doubt from my observation that NTs have a hard time just going with the flow in groups or on occasions.

I thought it may be helpful if NTs shared some of their experiences when having to conform and their rationality behind it.

How have you learned to go with the flow?

Usehername

On a mission
Sometimes long term rewards (like keeping a job) means keeping your mouth shut even when your boss has a dumb idea he wants you to carry out. (short term loss by bowing to his idiocy.)

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Why should anyone be compelled to conform?

Cardboard boxes aren't as comfortable as they say.

Sometimes it's playing along for the win.

And yes, if it wasn't for cardboard lovers, there would be no revolutions, that's true.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My cats worship cardboard!

ThatGirl, is your boss possibly a cat?!

T

ThatGirl

Ok maybe I have but am I the only one who feels "Shamed" by it

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
"NT's falling in lines" Is this a sexual thread ? Reminds me of a movie called "69 bottles of young wine"

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Like Mad King George, I was always sane. I've just learned how to seem it.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
Basic military training did it for a while, then that wore off a bit. I think the best way to "fall in line" is to align your goals so that they overlap popular standards and mutual interests.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Like Mad King George, I was always sane. I've just learned how to seem it.

You have porphyria too!?

Basic military training did it for a while, then that wore off a bit. I think the best way to "fall in line" is to align your goals so that they overlap popular standards and mutual interests.

There's only so much amusement a man can make with pen flares before the disaffection sets in once more.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not hard to get along.

Provided you are neither ignorant or arrogant.