• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Who are you ENTPs

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Christ, I have found myself attracted to an ENTP :steam:

So, there I was minding my own business when this group of people came and sat at my table (I was at a fancy little orientation, but this is not important.) Directly across from me was this guy who I have never met in my life and I really didn't have anything to say to him... Then the conversations started. I didn't do much of the talking, as usual I was just observing with something I would call minimal interest. The guy across from me was making jokes and having a great time and then made eye contact with me and heart went ABLAZE :holy:

Ok, Ok, it didn't really go like that. Anyway, I found myself really attracted to this guy but found myself to be at a lost for words anytime I am around him. But seriously, this always happens with ENTPs!!! Whether I am attracted to them or not. Something about their wit, non conformity, and integrity all bundled up in one person make me feel inferior with no real hope that any of them could ever find little old me interesting.

Enough about me; lets get down to business. I want to know more about you ENTPs. Honestly, I would take any information from anyone.

1. Which person are you in the crowd? (Y'know, are you the center of attention or the listener...maybe the catalyst that keeps the conversation going?)

2. How do you think you appear to others? (If you are not an ENTP: how do they appear to you?)

3. Why are you guys so awesome? :heart:

4. What do you think of INFPs?

5. What sets you apart from the other NTs that can help discern you from them?

6. Finally, if there is an answer for this I have to know: What does that penetrating gaze mean? It drives me nuts.

Hmm, maybe this should be a what you love about ENTPs thread...

T

ThatGirl

Christ, I have found myself attracted to an ENTP :steam:

1. Which person are you in the crowd? (Y'know, are you the center of attention or the listener...maybe the catalyst that keeps the conversation going?)

2. How do you think you appear to others? (If you are not an ENTP: how do they appear to you?)

6. Finally, if there is an answer for this I have to know: What does that penetrating gaze mean? It drives me nuts.

Hmm, maybe this should be a what you love about ENTPs thread...

#6) he is analyzing you and possibly applying pressure on you to get a reaction. Either way he is thinking about you but this could be very objective. Or his eyes got confortable in a particular spot then you sat down and he thought "oh well my eyes are confortable here and I dont want to blink."

Snowey1210

MBTI Type
ENTP

Yep, the catalyst that keeps the conversation going seems to fit me well. I'm also the one who seems to be absorbed in an idea or stirring up people.

Random is a word I hear a lot. I guess I am pretty unpredictable. I'm also very absorbed in my ideas and quite oblivious to the outside world at times.

3. Why are you guys so awesome?

Because we offer something different, people can be so cliche at time we keep things interesting. lol

Intense is a fairly good description. I enjoy talking to NF's, their spiritual side is fascinating but if they became overbearing I'd need to escape.

We can have a "relatively normal" conversation. We arn't necessarily shy, but rather quite indifferent to others. If the ENTP you are interested in actively seeks out conversation with you it's generally a good sign because it means that they find something intriguing about you.

It means they are attempting to "read" you. Using extraverted intuition, ENTPs are good at reading others reactions, and as a result they are probably trying identify what you're about.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP

Depends. Sometimes I'm the centre of attention, not because I wanted to be but because other people just sorta latch onto me and want me to carry them along on my energy. Sometimes I'm quiet like the INTP, listening and observing, yet unlike the INTP, i'm sitting within the circle rather than to the side of it.

Varies hugely. I've been accused of being completely evil and manipulative but then I've also been told by someone (just this week actually) that I'm the one with the highest sense of ethics of anyone they've ever known. People tend to have an opinion on me anyway, rarely just say "oh I dunno, he's alright I guess". Love me or hate me I suppose, but notice me. They probably think I act the way I do expressly to get noticed, but I honestly don't. Most of the time though I feel like I'm just a pest and I'm probably getting on everyone's nerves so I really should shut up. I just can't!! LOL

Ah y'know... cos we don't try to be? :alttongue:

The word 'hot' doesn't even come close. Infuriating sometimes because their damn self critical nature means that no matter how much I try to tell them and show them that I think they're AWESOME they still hold back thinking I find them a nuisance.

Just friendlier, more chatty and light hearted, I reckon. "Sillier".

Penetrating gaze? :blink: You mean the one where I've just been thinking about something, staring in a random direction and not realized you're in what would be my line of sight if I was focusing at all? lol

Or the one where I'm trying to look cool and like I'm scrutinizing you when in fact my knees are like jelly and I'm thinking "please like me you awesome INFP!"

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Dont break eye contact, keep a dominant stance, then back away slowly,,,,

Its funny because I ALWAYS break eye contact with ENTPs. I feel overwhelmed.

#6) he is analyzing you and possibly applying pressure on you to get a reaction. Either way he is thinking about you but this could be very objective. Or his eyes got confortable in a particular spot then you sat down and he thought "oh well my eyes are confortable here and I dont want to blink."

:17425:

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ

It means they are attempting to "read" you. Using extraverted intuition, ENTPs are good at reading others reactions, and as a result they are probably trying identify what you're about.

Should I dare ask if they are actually good at reading people?

Depends. Sometimes I'm the centre of attention, not because I wanted to be but because other people just sorta latch onto me and want me to carry them along on my energy. Sometimes I'm quiet like the INTP, listening and observing, yet unlike the INTP, i'm sitting within the circle rather than to the side of it.

Varies hugely. I've been accused of being completely evil and manipulative but then I've also been told by someone (just this week actually) that I'm the one with the highest sense of ethics of anyone they've ever known. People tend to have an opinion on me anyway, rarely just say "oh I dunno, he's alright I guess". Love me or hate me I suppose, but notice me. They probably think I act the way I do expressly to get noticed, but I honestly don't. Most of the time though I feel like I'm just a pest and I'm probably getting on everyone's nerves so I really should shut up. I just can't!! LOL

Ah y'know... cos we don't try to be? :alttongue:

The word 'hot' doesn't even come close. Infuriating sometimes because their damn self critical nature means that no matter how much I try to tell them and show them that I think they're AWESOME they still hold back thinking I find them a nuisance.

Just friendlier, more chatty and light hearted, I reckon. "Sillier".

Penetrating gaze? :blink: You mean the one where I've just been thinking about something, staring in a random direction and not realized you're in what would be my line of sight if I was focusing at all? lol

Or the one where I'm trying to look cool and like I'm scrutinizing you when in fact my knees are like jelly and I'm thinking "please like me you awesome INFP!"

Wow, who is this lucky INFP you've fallen for substitute?

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh we can read people; very well in fact.

yes, often I get told I can't read people very well, because the way I've responded to what I read wasn't what was expected. Because I don't always say what someone wants or expects to hear they call it tactlessness. But I'm not just reading the person, that's the thing. I tend to be reading the entire situation, and what I say isn't just aimed at making the person feel good, it's aimed at improving the entire situation, for them and for everyone. And sometimes taking the longview means you look like the bad guy initially (or just the idiot!)... people usually see my point though, eventually... :rolleyes:

I remember when my aunt said to me when I was about 12, "Oh you're so tactless!" and I was mortally offended. Not because I thought it was a bad thing to be tactless necessarily but because I'd actually said what I said QUITE ON PURPOSE, and I was chagrined to have my witty and astute observation mistaken for sheer blundering social spazzness because it wasn't what she expected to hear! :laugh:

I'm less mean than I used to be by a long way, I've mellowed a lot. But a similar process happens still, nowadays. Though much less often. :unsure:

yenom

Alexander the Terrible

The one that stands out. Either the outcast or the center of attention.

I rarely pay attention to my appearance because I am not type 3. And I don't blend in, so its pretty easy to notice me.

Because we do what we think.

They are good. i have some INFP tendencies myself, when I am not in my ruthless machiavellian mode. :devil:

I tke uncalculated risks when I believe a situation can lead to greater potential, this makes our type more similar to ESTPs than any other type, except I have some idea where I am getting at while ESTPs just like to destroy themselves. Think of Caesar when he said the die is cast. Not all entps are like this though.

It means he is into you and want you to make the first move. :cheese:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ

Varies, by the situation and the mood :D I'm no attention-seeker. I just joke around, and I don't think in terms of getting "attention". When I get attention, I did it because I felt like it, and I wanted to do something that's appreciated by people around me.. not because I'd want to lift my great persona or anything. I'm really not stuck to the mood of entertainer either. I get deep, intimate, personal too, listening someone.. I'm not someone who just listens endlessly tho, I want to keep the conversation going on all the time, to really learn and experience something, and not just throw some meaningless chit-chat.

I've been said to have self-confidence issues online, but RL people think is me as truly confident, strong person, tho I'm not pushing my power anywhere. I can just use it to relax and enjoy whatever I'm doing, rather carefree.

Then again, I guess I'm seen as independent (which I am, extremely so).. funny, which I am, in person..less so online.

I'm seen as intelligent, as well.. tho not someone who's pushing it. Intelligent people who start conversations with me, notice that side, too. Otherwise, it may be harder to notice.

Perhaps I'm seen as eager to please occasionally, which I'm not.. and I guess most people think I excite the general mood around me, if it's been dull, and loosen up, if it's been tight. So I guess they think I do a lot to make the mood good.. then on other times, I'm seen as borderline antisocial, when I don't approve of some situation.

I wouldn't have a clue unless I were told about it, but people say they like me for being funny, intelligent, extroverted, entertaining.. they like to listen to me, and see someone with zero social anxiety.

My last crush was with INFP, and my girlfriend-for-half-a-year is near-INFP, I think she's INTP. They're lovely, fascinating folks, deep and intelligent, very much in touch with what's good and worthwhile. I've really enjoyed my conversations with them, and wished for more.

We're possibly the most social, and also most artisan-like.

What gaze? :mellow:

Sometimes I'm so detached from here-and-now, it's as if I was watching a screen. I guess I do "the gaze" when evaluating something from a detached perspective. But .. I don't know there is an ENTP gaze? :huh:
[/QUOTE]

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I think I need to make a mental note never to accuse an ENTP of trying to bring attention to themselves. Almost all the ENTPs so far have said something about this.

I don't really think you guys do it for the sake of getting attention, you just say whatever the hell you want to say and people are drawn to that; I certainly am.
Oh we can read people; very well in fact.

yes, often I get told I can't read people very well, because the way I've responded to what I read wasn't what was expected. Because I don't always say what someone wants or expects to hear they call it tactlessness. But I'm not just reading the person, that's the thing. I tend to be reading the entire situation, and what I say isn't just aimed at making the person feel good, it's aimed at improving the entire situation, for them and for everyone. And sometimes taking the longview means you look like the bad guy initially (or just the idiot!)... people usually see my point though, eventually... :rolleyes:

I remember when my aunt said to me when I was about 12, "Oh you're so tactless!" and I was mortally offended. Not because I thought it was a bad thing to be tactless necessarily but because I'd actually said what I said QUITE ON PURPOSE, and I was chagrined to have my witty and astute observation mistaken for sheer blundering social spazzness because it wasn't what she expected to hear! :laugh:

I'm less mean than I used to be by a long way, I've mellowed a lot. But a similar process happens still, nowadays. Though much less often. :unsure:

Interesting. I often feel like ENTPs lack tact as well but I guess i really am only thinking of it in terms of what I think tact is. As for the reading of people, this makes me pretty nervous. ENTPs shouldn't have this ability!!

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ

The one that stands out. Either the outcast or the center of attention.

I rarely pay attention to my appearance because I am not type 3. And I don't blend in, so its pretty easy to notice me.

Because we do what we think.

They are good. i have some INFP tendencies myself, when I am not in my ruthless machiavellian mode. :devil:

I tke uncalculated risks when I believe a situation can lead to greater potential, this makes our type more similar to ESTPs than any other type, except I have some idea where I am getting at while ESTPs just like to destroy themselves. Think of Caesar when he said the die is cast. Not all entps are like this though.

It means he is into you and want you to make the first move. :cheese:

Thankyou for your contribution. I would shudder to think I would have to make the first move. Lol, that would be extremely awkward for everyone :hug:

Varies, by the situation and the mood :D I'm no attention-seeker. I just joke around, and I don't think in terms of getting "attention". When I get attention, I did it because I felt like it, and I wanted to do something that's appreciated by people around me.. not because I'd want to lift my great persona or anything. I'm really not stuck to the mood of entertainer either. I get deep, intimate, personal too, listening someone.. I'm not someone who just listens endlessly tho, I want to keep the conversation going on all the time, to really learn and experience something, and not just throw some meaningless chit-chat.

I've been said to have self-confidence issues online, but RL people think is me as truly confident, strong person, tho I'm not pushing my power anywhere. I can just use it to relax and enjoy whatever I'm doing, rather carefree.

Then again, I guess I'm seen as independent (which I am, extremely so).. funny, which I am, in person..less so online.

I'm seen as intelligent, as well.. tho not someone who's pushing it. Intelligent people who start conversations with me, notice that side, too. Otherwise, it may be harder to notice.

Perhaps I'm seen as eager to please occasionally, which I'm not.. and I guess most people think I excite the general mood around me, if it's been dull, and loosen up, if it's been tight. So I guess they think I do a lot to make the mood good.. then on other times, I'm seen as borderline antisocial, when I don't approve of some situation.

I wouldn't have a clue unless I were told about it, but people say they like me for being funny, intelligent, extroverted, entertaining.. they like to listen to me, and see someone with zero social anxiety.

My last crush was with INFP, and my girlfriend-for-half-a-year is near-INFP, I think she's INTP. They're lovely, fascinating folks, deep and intelligent, very much in touch with what's good and worthwhile. I've really enjoyed my conversations with them, and wished for more.

We're possibly the most social, and also most artisan-like.

What gaze? :mellow:

Sometimes I'm so detached from here-and-now, it's as if I was watching a screen. I guess I do "the gaze" when evaluating something from a detached perspective. But .. I don't know there is an ENTP gaze? :huh:
Interesting, I see this gaze pretty often. Whether you are looking at me or at some random object its definitely there. Makes me wonder what you could possibly find so interesting... So you are just concocting some crazy plan in your head then? :devil:

ENTP2L

MBTI Type
ENTP
We find everything interesting, and many times, the "object" that we are looking at sparks a myriad of other thoughts. So, yes, we may be concocting a crazy plan or we may just be spacing out: or, god forbid, both. As far as tact goes, it's not that we lack it, somethings (or most of the times) we just ignore it. In situations where I see a problem that needs to be addressed, I address it, directly, and swiftly. And if peoples feelings are hurt in the process, I view it as collateral damage (part of the reason I'm going to be a lawyer).

booya moon

MBTI Type
ENTP
Not so much the center of attention as a catalyst. Most of the time I am talking a lot, but not all the time.
Well, my friends describe me as funny, entertaining, an optimist, intelligent, laid-back,...
My enemies, however, say I am untactful, don`t care about people`s emotions, lazy,...
Because we can read you quite well and say things you want to hear.
I don`t know any INFPs in real life, but you guys strike me as a really nice people on line :D
We are more ingenious, original and ofcourse much better looking ;)
It`s a look of doom ! Just kidding. Actually it is just mind-reading rays, no need to worry about it :D Than again, maybe it is love :wubbie:

And good luck with your ENTP!

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hi

I'm assuming you were looking for answers from the guys but for my 2p worth...

> bizarly I often am, but I think that's becasue I'm not very comfortable in large groups so I get loud and lary. I am not relaxed. I'm better in smaller more intimate groups especally with people I know well, thats when I really enjoy myself.

> warm and friendly, but edgy and argumentative too, this seem to have got worse as I get older. I'm alway the one who ends up discussing sensitive subject and am like a red rag to a bull :)

> I'm not sure we are, we have Panache but then lots of people do. I think we ahve a degree of sparkle because we are absorbed in ourself and self refernce which makes us appear couragous

> Not sure I've consiouly met one. The I like ENFP's

> We are not controling like Js, but we are also very untidy. We are also a less likely to present ourselves smartly. In terms fo INTP's well we are probably more confusing as we think outloud.... this means we are still formulating our point of view as we discuss them. Personally I often have real trouble articulating my N....which is off the scale.

> Gazing can jsut being sussign people out, or it can mean allure dependign on an when it is focused. It can also be penetrating to try and find out the truth or motivations others have. Somtiems it's just noseyness.

Lis

LucrativeSid

Best ENTP Response

1. (Which person in the crowd?)

Sometimes the center of attention. The challenger. The motivator. The teacher. The entertainer. The observer.

2. (How do I appear to others?)

I'm being earnest, but I think I appear to be confident, creative, intelligent, and mysterious. Also weird and sometimes a bit dark. Dumb, too, depending on how goofy I'm being at the time.

3. (Why so awesome?)

We are pioneers that inspire and entertain people. You can always expect something new and something great. Plus, we are good at everything we do, even if we barely try.

4. (What do you think about INFPs?)

Sometimes too fragile, however, they are usually not as egotistical as me. They are loyal and caring, giving me the attention that I crave, since they like to listen and I like to talk. I love the depth, the will to learn and explore things, and the creative tendencies. I think a relationship with an INFP would be good in a lot of ways, and challenging. However, I think it would be the kind of challenge that would frustrate me more than excite me. But, you never know. Everybody is unique.

5. (Discerning from other NTs)

Always sharing random ideas. Changes mind a lot and often seems contradictory. Will start on something right away but might not finish it. Making experiments out of what look like normal activities.

6. (Penetrating gaze?)

It means "I'm fucking with you and you're going to like it because I'm a genius."

ENTP2L

MBTI Type
ENTP
Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit

I feel them big time.