• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Who are you ENTPs

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
1. Which person are you in the crowd? (Y'know, are you the center of attention or the listener...maybe the catalyst that keeps the conversation going?)

Center of the Attention but in a very democratic sort with my best friends. In unfamiliar groups I tend to intervene, when I think things are going wrong, I leave and do my own thing, if I can not change things.

2. How do you think you appear to others? (If you are not an ENTP: how do they appear to you?)

easy-going if you know, how to keep away from nurturing me with argumentative opinions

3. Why are you guys so awesome?

I am not awesome. I am Atheist :)

4. What do you think of INFPs?

I do hardly know them. I get along with them mostly. Sometimes they tend to be too radical in their opinions for my taste.

5. What sets you apart from the other NTs that can help discern you from them?

Don't know. I think they invented us in a genetics experiment to take on the crowd, so they are left alone. xD

T

ThatGirl

1. Which person are you in the crowd? (Y'know, are you the center of attention or the listener...maybe the catalyst that keeps the conversation going?)

2. How do you think you appear to others? (If you are not an ENTP: how do they appear to you?)

3. Why are you guys so awesome? :heart:

6. Finally, if there is an answer for this I have to know: What does that penetrating gaze mean? It drives me nuts.

Hmm, maybe this should be a what you love about ENTPs thread...

I am only doing this because I am procrastinating my work.

That said

1) In the crowd we are usually the one that everyone is looking at for whatever reason

2) We appear to be complete baffons or stuck up or like that one friend that is way too cool to be hanging out with the friends they are hanging out with, with odd moments of complete brilliance and you will question at times whether what we said was supposed to be serious or was a joke because either way it was profound and probably offensive:)

3)Because we are really an alien/human hybred species that knows thing other, "earthies" as we like to call them, cant even begin to comprehend

4)I only knew one INFP. She was very sweet and nieve and I never talked to her because everytime I did she took whatever I said verrryyyy personal

5)We are not nerds.

6)already answered this

Snowey1210

MBTI Type
ENTP
Should I dare ask if they are actually good at reading people?

Cues, yes. Feelings, not so much.

We can see the effect (Cues) but don't completely understand the cause (Feelings). Or to put it into a farfetched analogy, It's like if an ENTP found a live trout on the roof of their house, we would see it jumping and flailing about outside it's natural environment, and we would theorise about it, but we couldn't completely explain it.

You see the trout is a "Cue", whereas how it got there illustrates "Feelings".

Ah just forget the whole thing, lol.

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?

We can see the effect (Cues) but don't completely understand the cause (Feelings). Or to put it into a farfetched analogy, It's like if an ENTP found a live trout on the roof of their house, we would see it jumping and flailing about outside it's natural environment, and we would theorise about it, but we couldn't completely explain it.

That's a pretty good analogy. I'm considered by those who know me well to be great at reading people. I pick up on others' "tones/vibes" really easily, and thus am pretty good at predicting behavior/theorizing about motives. HOWEVER, when it comes to emotional expression...I may understand what is causing someone distress and I may feel sorry for them, but I only know how to react in "problem-solver" mode, so I may not appear very sympathetic or very good at reading another - not because I don't see what is going on, but rather because I can't supply their particular needs at the moment.

ENTPs are pretty variable folks, from my experience, and it looks like a lot of others would agree. We can be the center of attention or the careful listener. It's all about adapting to the environment for me. I don't completely change my personality, but I alter it ever so slightly wherever I am to match the vibes of those around me. Everyone gets personalized service! Most people tend to see me as a bit odd but benign (a benign tumor) - I'm pretty genial and love to make others laugh, but I also highly value ideas and deep discussion. In comparison to other NTs I'd say we tend to be more relaxed and okay with silliness, and we're more comfortable with fluid discussions of half-concieved ideas.

I really enjoy the INFPs I know. There is an emotional depth there that is very intriguing to me.

As for the staring thing - similar to what others have said, if I'm looking at someone somewhat intensely, it's probably because I'm enjoying the conversation and trying to read cues like crazy to figure you out as best I can from as little concrete info as possible. Otherwise I might be zoning out - but usually you'd notice my eyes wandering before I start to actually enter "the zone."

Terian

MBTI Type
NeTi

I don't necessarily agree. I think that an ENTP with a sufficiently developed Fe would be able to intuitively see how the trout came to be in it's precarious position.

Ah, well, I like INFPs but I couldn't see myself in a relationship with one. Perhaps not the one I have in mind. Then again, I that's simply because she is not as intelligent as I am. My mind engulfs hers and I talk circles around her and it gets boring. My oldest brother is an INFP and incredibly intelligent and I thoroughly enjoy his company. However, he is too easy to upset at an emotional level, which is a giant red flag to me.

I require more data.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

It depends on my mood. Sometimes I'll sit back and observe the interactions of other people, and at other times I'll jump in and make a point. I work best though one-on-one (contrary to what it might seem for most ENTPs.) I like to be able to create a two-way circuit of conversation that just builds into infinity and energizes both of us with enthusiasm. At other times, I'm objective and detached.

I probably appear like I'm always trying to get attention. But I'm honestly not. In fact, a lot of the time, I'm actually trying to hide, lol. But, even after trying every year in high school, it seems that I'll never be able to hide in public. People always seem to pay attention to me for /some/ reason. Maybe I walk funny or something.

We're the gods of the MBTI, that's why ;).

INFPs are awesome. On one hand they're soft, and on the other they're quite deep. I like a lot of the subtle communication that goes on with INFPs. It's like trying to pick up small vibrations or something.

I'm typically more animated and less serious, I guess. Or perhaps I have a more alert/overt look in my eyes.

6. Finally, if there is an answer for this I have to know: What does that penetrating gaze mean? It drives me nuts.

The penetrating gaze can mean several things. If the entp hasn't seen you before, they could be trying to pick you apart if they're suspicious of you.... They also like to pick people apart just to see how they work, so it could be more of a mechanical thing :p. The gaze can also be a way of drawing you out so you'll make a move and thereby give us a hint at what's inside you. Make you think we're analyzing you, so you'll make a mistake and pop out and then we'll really analyze you xD. Don't worry about it though. Entps are generally good-humored.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ

No, what you said makes perfect sense. I can totally see that but I probably would be most interested in why the trout was there. :)

Thanks for all the contributions. You guys sure arent lacking in the confidence department, thats for sure.

The penetrating gaze can mean several things. If the entp hasn't seen you before, they could be trying to pick you apart if they're suspicious of you.... They also like to pick people apart just to see how they work, so it could be more of a mechanical thing :p. The gaze can also be a way of drawing you out so you'll make a move and thereby give us a hint at what's inside you. Make you think we're analyzing you, so you'll make a mistake and pop out and then we'll really analyze you xD. Don't worry about it though. Entps are generally good-humored.

I think the general consensus is you guys are probing people. I'm starting to wonder if any of my behavior gives away my intent on things. I need to start watching out for this around you people. :cool:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Thankyou for your contribution. I would shudder to think I would have to make the first move. Lol, that would be extremely awkward for everyone :hug:

Interesting, I see this gaze pretty often. Whether you are looking at me or at some random object its definitely there. Makes me wonder what you could possibly find so interesting... So you are just concocting some crazy plan in your head then? :devil:
Maybe plan, or maybe I'm just wondering if something will excite my mood, and if I'll get personal. If there's the skeptical gaze, I'm probably too busy with my own thoughts, too serious at the moment to give in to the moment. But.. I can't tell without knowing the gaze.

A
images

B
images

C
images

D
images

E
images

Which one? :D

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
what the hell did you google to get those?

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
No, what you said makes perfect sense. I can totally see that but I probably would be most interested in why the trout was there. :)

Thanks for all the contributions. You guys sure arent lacking in the confidence department, thats for sure.

I think the general consensus is you guys are probing people. I'm starting to wonder if any of my behavior gives away my intent on things. I need to start watching out for this around you people. :cool:

Hehe. ENTPs like to wear sunglasses to hide their own motives I think :p.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
my avatar isn't an accident!

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Maybe plan, or maybe I'm just wondering if something will excite my mood, and if I'll get personal. If there's the skeptical gaze, I'm probably too busy with my own thoughts, too serious at the moment to give in to the moment. But.. I can't tell without knowing the gaze.

A
images

B
images

C
images

D
images

E
images

Which one? :D

Lmao, I would hope no one ever gave me that gorilla gaze... Wow, I would feel like the biggest jackass on the planet :(

Edit: Lol looking at that gorilla now I think of Gary Coleman's classic line.

Terian

MBTI Type
NeTi
As far as piercing gazes go, I really only do A. Perhaps C as well. B is just too limited in what you can see and gives me a headache. D is just too obvious and E is too surly.

Evil Otter

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6

-If I'm with friends I'll be one of the more talkative guys in the group (and most of my friends will be fellow rationals or artisans), but I'll mostly stick with my own group... except to include a hottie.
-If I don't know anyone, either A) the guy that just walked up to the hottest chick in the room, B) the guy that just walked into somebody else's conversation and made it seem natural, or C) the guy that came into the room stood there and looked it over then walked directly to the beverage area, grabbed a drink and looks like he really doesn't want to be there. And the basic idea behind this is A) "ooo, hot chick", B) "they could be cool", or C) "shit, I'm surrounded by tools. Where the F*** are D and PJ?"

- About 6 feet tall, skinny but athletic build, dirty blonde hair, steel-blue eyes... oh your talking about demeaner... well then:
Calm, relaxed but aware, confident, easy going, in control, like nothing could fluster me (except when I'm surrounded by tools)

- I call it the "F*** it" switch which most people don't have. I see all the risk and, in fact, am probably more aware then most folks, but the difference is... I don't care cuz the accomplishment would be totally awesome and worth the risks.

- No se todavia

_ ENTJs and INTJs don't procrastinate as much and follow through better, but aren't as creative or random (fun), and INTJs don't talk as much
- INTPs are a bit tougher, at least with the ones I know, but I talk more and I'm more impulsive where they're more calculating. Makes for a fun team though, I have an idea, they figure it out, and I put it into action.

- You've caught my interest and I'm figuring you out. Or, if I already have you figured out, then the mischievious wheels are turning in my head and I'm about to F*** with your mind... and your going to love me for it.

I think you should answer your own #2 and #3 though, cuz I'm curious about how outsiders like yourself see us

Last edited: