• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] INTJ vs ENTP

cj1122

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have been reading these forums for several years on and off and I must say I have enjoyed lurking. I do have a question for all those out there who are undoubtedly more qualified in this area. I have taken the myers briggs test many different times and over a span of many years. Every time I have taken the test I am either an INTJ or ENTP, the preference for extraversion vs introversion or judging vs perceiving is extremely small (nearly negligible). In contrast my preference for NT is extremely high (almost 100%). Is this common? Does anyone else out there have the same preferences? For those that do, which type do you believe best fits you? To me it seems like a large conflict of interests so to speak when reading the descriptions of the two types. Thanks!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You could still be INTJ if your Te is really well developed. Both of those types do not share any functions though. So I'd check that.

cj1122

MBTI Type
INTJ
Interesting, I did some reading on Te and that sounds more like me. I like to jump in and start working and figure it out as I go. I wonder why I get those two types on the test if they don't really have anything in common?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting, I did some reading on Te and that sounds more like me. I like to jump in and start working and figure it out as I go. I wonder why I get those two types on the test if they don't really have anything in common?
This sounds like ENTP. INTJs are more likely to plan the heck out of everything before we even get started.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
ENTPs are more child-like. Ne has a quality which makes NPs appear like a child. ENTP will try to appear goofy and even strange.
Just read the page to see the difference between INTJ and ENTP as well as other types. The link gives objective descriptions how types act based on their cognitive functions.
Socionics - the16types.info - Socionics Romancing Styles

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I would suggest you read up on all of the functions, get a comprehensive, personalized view of what they mean. And take a cognitive functions based test if you can. I believe "keys2cognition" has one.

- - - Updated - - -

I would suggest you read up on all of the functions, get a comprehensive, personalized view of what they mean. And take a cognitive functions based test if you can. I believe "keys2cognition" has one.

cj1122

MBTI Type
INTJ
I make a loose plan on what I'm going to do and make sure there are contingencies and then rely on improvisation to "fill in the blanks". I am definitely far more reserved than goofy or childlike, I guess I do need to read up on everything more haha

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Actually ENTPs and INTJs share a lot of similarities. One thing to note is the same function stacking except in opposite orientation. Both have intuitive perceiving as their dominant function followed by thinking, feeling , and sensing last. In this regard I'd say our cognitive process is the same. The difference is where we focus that process.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
From what writes in this thread I think that it is much more likely that you are ENTP. You don't have very strong focus that INTJs tend to have and you sound as pretty fun loving person.

However it is not impossible that you are some third type, tests are not the final say what you are.