• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Anybody type differently during adolescence??

SlytherinD

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8w7
When I first learned about the 16 types I was about 15 years old and I actually scored INFP and it definitely fit me at the time. As I got older I just started to think differently now i do not type as an INFP. I wonder if my depression and anxiety played a part in that now that I've gotten a lot better I'm a totally different person.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
When I was younger and dumber I probably would have only understood MBTI on a superficial level, and most likely would have typed myself as an INFP during my teenage years.

SlytherinD

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8w7
When I was younger and dumber I probably would have only understood MBTI on a superficial level, and most likely would have typed myself as an INFP during my teenage years.

Lol yeah I was pretty dumb when I was that age I mean I still am dumb it's a infinite work in progress.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I started out as an INTP. And look at me now. :laugh:

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I first tested as INFJ when I was 16. I kinda knew the feeling part wasn't rght.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I scored as INFP in my adolescence too!!! And INFJ once or twice.

I think it really just had to do with the fact that I was young and idealistic. I was too sheltered to see anything but the good in everyone, and I always gave the benefit of the doubt. The older I got, though, the more I realized that INFP just didn't fit. I saw a pattern of subtle differences between me and every INFP I knew. For example, they were always much better at socializing and seemed less awkward or "off" than I did, but I was always much more aware of what was acceptable and what was not. The INFPs I knew in high school often had a lot of friends, but would also say things like "I hate literally everyone" in a room full of people, or loudly talk about the really private details of their personal lives. On the other hand, I was definitely a loner, but I was much more observant of social rules and norms. Pretty much everything I did was a way of avoiding uncomfortable situations, the one exception being when I felt the need to comfort or stand up for someone who was upset and/or being treated unfairly (Fe, but I originally thought it was Fi).

This balance of awkwardness and awareness led me to the conclusion that I was either an INTP or an INTJ, and I know I'm too disorganized to be an INTJ.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
I've been pretty much the same since... ever? I once scored as INFP, but just because my Fi is higher than expected. I'm definitely no F. When I was a child, though (if it can be excused to apply this in childhood), I would have scored as ENTP, because I always chatting with people and doing reckless stuff (like using the roof of a cabin as a slide). But I also liked having my alone moments and I enjoyed silence. I guess I've always been too self conscious to score differently.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Tested as INTJ, INTP in young adulthood (19-20 years) when I first found out about the MBTI. I was pathologically shy back then, not having fully recovered from having been bullied at schools some years before. I think I got INTP results more often.

I'm pretty sure my results would have been same in the age of 15, nothing major had happened in my life during those years.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think most younger people are likely to show preference for Fi. Especially if the test scores based on dichotomies and not functions, I think you're more likely to have people test as feelers on many of the tests, even when they aren't. Also first tested as INFP, and I would suggest that many many people test this way.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I typed ESFP when I was like 10. I didn't understand many of the questions on the test - you know, because I was a child, and many of them didn't even apply. :laugh:

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
first tested INfP when I was about 14 and was pretty sure of it for years. I think I'm an INTP now. I identify much more with Fe than Fi.

á´…eparted

passages
I thought I was INFJ for around 9 years. Now the notion of being that type is laughable. Though it did make sense at the time.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought I was mildly INFP/typeless when I didn't give a crap about psychology back then as a teenager.

I mean I definitely did care about others but I was badly introduced to psychology and it was an intense bore.

*sorry psychology, I cared more about staying busy and happy* :smooch:

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yup, I thought I was an INTP when I was a teenager because I didn't identify at all with the touchy feely F descriptions.

Duffy

I scored as INFP in my adolescence too!!! And INFJ once or twice.

I think it really just had to do with the fact that I was young and idealistic. I was too sheltered to see anything but the good in everyone, and I always gave the benefit of the doubt. The older I got, though, the more I realized that INFP just didn't fit. I saw a pattern of subtle differences between me and every INFP I knew. For example, they were always much better at socializing and seemed less awkward or "off" than I did, but I was always much more aware of what was acceptable and what was not. The INFPs I knew in high school often had a lot of friends, but would also say things like "I hate literally everyone" in a room full of people, or loudly talk about the really private details of their personal lives. On the other hand, I was definitely a loner, but I was much more observant of social rules and norms. Pretty much everything I did was a way of avoiding uncomfortable situations, the one exception being when I felt the need to comfort or stand up for someone who was upset and/or being treated unfairly (Fe, but I originally thought it was Fi).

Eh, I'm probably a feeler and I share a lot of the problems you're citing. Actually, I think there's a certain subset of INFPs that are known for the things you've just described - the outsider variety.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think anxiety and depression can actually make you seem like a totally different type. People with mental illnesses are hard to type...

When I started with MBTI I was 17 and was sure I was an ENFP 4w5 for about 2 years. Then I simply learned how far more sense INFP makes to me.