• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What do INTPs think of ENFPs?

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Other than the underlying SJW Fi-streak they have going on, I'm a fan. When pressed they don't get all butthurt and emotional like INTJs do (Tert-Fi, the 'when pressed' function), and actually behave very logically under stress (Tert-Te kicking in), so they are a real pleasure to debate with and usually don't have a problem keeping things civil and controlled. That combined with a similar Si preference for atmosphere, antiques, and history, and you've got a recipe for a pretty great friendship.

Sex is decent, but the chemistry is not quite as potent as with Ni types.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFPs seem great, in theory, but I've hated pretty much all of the ones I've met. They jump to conclusions a lot, and for someone (like this boop) who isn't good at explaining their thoughts, it just doesn't work. I once had an ENFP stranger I was talking to on the internet tell me I needed to go on depression meds. She told me she was qualified to diagnose me and "prescribe" meds because she was a psych nurse.

Another one (online again) made a fake profile and flirted with me, then took screenshots of the conversation and made it look like I was sending pictures of gross body parts and morbidly obese women in lingerie. He posted it all in an ENFP group and pretty much everyone started bashing me. Fun times :3

I have some serious ENFP horror stories. To this day I won't go near one.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
ENFPs seem great, in theory, but I've hated pretty much all of the ones I've met. They jump to conclusions a lot, and for someone (like this boop) who isn't good at explaining their thoughts, it just doesn't work. I once had an ENFP stranger I was talking to on the internet tell me I needed to go on depression meds. She told me she was qualified to diagnose me and "prescribe" meds because she was a psych nurse.

Another one (online again) made a fake profile and flirted with me, then took screenshots of the conversation and made it look like I was sending pictures of gross body parts and morbidly obese women in lingerie. He posted it all in an ENFP group and pretty much everyone started bashing me. Fun times :3

I have some serious ENFP horror stories. To this day I won't go near one.

Wow, sorry to hear that, this makes me sad :(

Thanks for the honest feedback. Good or bad, I'd love to know how we come across to you guys.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow, sorry to hear that, this makes me sad :(

Thanks for the honest feedback. Good or bad, I'd love to know how we come across to you guys.

Meh, it's probably just unhealthy ENFPs who do things like that. Most people in facebook typology groups seem pretty unhealthy. I know I was, when I was into that. This forum has a much more stable and mature feeling to it.

Also you seem nice. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I hate all ENFPs. I just don't like the ones I've talked to in the past. A lot of (probably unhealthy) ENFPs seem to think they know what's best for everyone else, and that just makes me uncomfortable because I'm stubborn/skeptical but also timid.