• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] No Thought?

T

ThatGirl

What is easier to dispose of, thought or feeling?

When you find that no other mental solution is available have you ever rationalized a thought into a feeling because it was easier to dispose of that way? Was the thought then complete or accepted?

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
What is easier to dispose of, thought or feeling?
Probably feeling. I have watched even feelers shut down their feelings and act "rationally" they usually feel very proud of themselves after.

It's pretty fuckin' hard to go on feelings without thought, the only time I can see it happening is sexual situations but even then I think it through.

I'm always thinking and not always feeling.

Hmmmm...

I'm curious about your motivation for this question, because I really can't come up with a worthwhile response.

When you find that no other mental solution is available have you ever rationalized a thought into a feeling because it was easier to dispose of that way? Was the thought then complete or accepted?
No, I've never done that.

I've very often turned feelings into thoughts though.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
This thread, in other words: "Are you T or F?" I'm T.

T

ThatGirl

I know people generally rationalize feeling into thought I was wondering if anyone ever relied on the opposite pattern and with the notion of supression where does one have greater control. Is it the same for T and F?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
^That's exactly how I define the T/F decision when speaking to a layman. Which rules you?

T

ThatGirl

I rationalize thought in to thought or feeling into thought. Lately I have rationalized thought into feeling just because it was easier to dipsose of that way without obsessing on solution.

What does that mean?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
What exactly do you mean when you say you "rationalise thought into feeling"?

Give me an example.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I know people generally rationalize feeling into thought I was wondering if anyone ever relied on the opposite pattern and with the notion of supression where does one have greater control. Is it the same for T and F?

So you're saying that most people can take feelings and rationalize them away, right?

Is your question whether people can take thoughts, make feelings of them and then subsequently rationalize the newly mutated feelings away?

oh, I didn't read page 2.

Okay so...

if you can do this then you are really fucking yourself over in my mind.

How can you sleep knowing you've sidestepped logically conquerable issues?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
That makes some good sense to me murkrow, I think I've seen that. *puts another book on the wisdom shelf*

T

ThatGirl

You are in a situation with no visible solution so you take a dive and rationalize a feeling to give you a basis for closure because feeling is easier to end than solution is to find

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
You are in a situation with no visible solution

I can't think of a situation like this which isn't emotionally based.

And even then it could probably be decoded and dealt with.

*pulls his chair in closer and places hand softly on your shoulder*

:) Did somebody hurt your feewings?

T

ThatGirl

I didn't see them as logically conquerable with limited information

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
You are in a situation with no visible solution
Okay... you have me...
so you take a dive and rationalize a feeling
lost me

So you did have a feeling to begin with.. right?

You made it sound, at first, like you only had thought.. and "made up" a feeling to deal with the thought...

But it seems to be the other way around.

T

ThatGirl

I can't think of a situation like this which isn't emotionally based.

And even then it could probably be decoded and dealt with.

*pulls his chair in closer and places hand softly on your shoulder*

:) Did somebody hurt your feewings?

I like whoever said "Never touch the ENTP"