• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] No Thought?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
She's talking about letting F rule you and ignoring rationality. Fs do it all the time, and I think everyone does a bit.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah that only happens to me when sex is involved.

T

ThatGirl

She's talking about letting F rule you and ignoring rationality. Fs do it all the time, and I think everyone does a bit.

For the rational purpose of feeling being easier to dispose of than thought

So this isn't new?

Its like laundering thoughts into feelings disposing of it then back to thought

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
My best assessment is honestly that estrogen is getting the better of you. Possibly wait until some chicas get online and drag them in here.

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
I drink so I can feel.....that has to count for something. As a fatter of fact, I feel like drinking another beer now that I'm thinking about it.

Gen

MBTI Type
INTP
Its called repression. You can't deal with the situation, it makes you unhappy and so you decide "It doesn't matter, its just emotion anyway!" and then bury it.

Actually, not very healthy. :)

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Your thoughts effect your feelings effect your thoughts effect your feelings and vice-versa. Cognitive therapy relies on this concept. I'm not sure whether it is type related or not. The only observation I can make with much certainty is that, at least with my NT husband and I, it is easier for him to suppress emotions and just do what needs to be done, while I need to process the emotions before I can really deal with a situation. Both qualities have their pros and cons and we consider ourselves fortunate because having both allows us to work well as a team and be strong while the other is weak.

I think the difference you may be looking for is one of closure, though. If I can't find closure through reasoning out why a negative situation has occurred and how to prevent it from occurring in the future, I find it very difficult to let it go and move on.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
what I tend to do is apply reason to what is causing an emotion and that generally kills it

T

ThatGirl

Analagy Check it out.

Youve been working on a 1,500,000,000 piece 3D puzzle of the solar system and everything looks wonderfull. You are down to your last three peices but you keep checking over the puzzle and there are only two open holes. So you keep reasessing the puzzle and reassessing the puzzle. You try combinations of two of the last three pieces and not of them fit together. But there is the rest of the puzzle, minus the three that dont fit anywhere. You start to read the box, or think you make have gotten somewhere there were two identically cut pieces by chance, and you may have used the wrong one throwing the entire puzzle off. Every solutions nets the same result so finally you say. I can't do it because I am tired and not thinking clearly. So you dont allow your self to focus on the puzzle until you get rest. Which may be a while because now that you think its because your tired your not feeling tired anymore or never were or whatever. But you have shifted focus away from the puzzle which could have its own bennifitial elements to it rather than completion or perhaps the completeion will come from distance.

This is probably the first time I have tangibly allowed myself to not follow a thought through to completetion. And yes it feels like cheating. Noone has done this?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^^^ I do this when a video game gets frustrating, but I do it to keep from blowing up.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Analagy Check it out.

Youve been working on a 1,500,000,000 piece 3D puzzle of the solar system and everything looks wonderfull. You are down to your last three peices but you keep checking over the puzzle and there are only two open holes. So you keep reasessing the puzzle and reassessing the puzzle. You try combinations of two of the last three pieces and not of them fit together. But there is the rest of the puzzle, minus the three that dont fit anywhere. You start to read the box, or think you make have gotten somewhere there were two identically cut pieces by chance, and you may have used the wrong one throwing the entire puzzle off. Every solutions nets the same result so finally you say. I can't do it because I am tired and not thinking clearly. So you dont allow your self to focus on the puzzle until you get rest. Which may be a while because now that you think its because your tired your not feeling tired anymore or never were or whatever. But you have shifted focus away from the puzzle which could have its own bennifitial elements to it rather than completion or perhaps the completeion will come from distance.

This is probably the first time I have tangibly allowed myself to not follow a thought through to completetion. And yes it feels like cheating. Noone has done this?

You haven't turned anything into a feeling here.

Did that actually happen to you?

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
It sounds like you're talking about going with your gut.

heart

heart on fire
Wow, it's like a super Ne storm. I get these but I'd never actually attempt to type them out for public consumption. Usually means I need to lay off caffiene and get more sleep.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Sometimes you have to give your conscious mind a break and let your subconscious work on the problem for awhile. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the pieces just don't exist. *shrug*