• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NTs, the first word out of your mouth.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
If I said Why Should I it would mean "Why should I because there aren't many people I'd want to hang out with in the first place, and I could probably do something on my own I'd enjoy more."

Shimpei

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
I'm not your typical SJ, guys. I'm usually reluctant to say yes, let alone make others do what I want. (Except my little kids who need a lot of instructions.)
I admit I have a tendency to be passive-aggressive...

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I have a two stage response.
Brain "What for?"
Mouth "Nah."

The odd thing is that if someone else is going to do something and I just hear about it or something without being specifically invited and kinda pressured to join in then I'm half likely to be enthusiastic.

If there's pressure then you need to prepare for disappointment and if there's tradition/ group pressure then prepare to be repelled!!

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Ok, this is weird. My ENTJ is always the first to say yes and I'm always the first to say no especially if somebody's going out of their way to make me feel compelled or to feel guilty. That pisses me off.

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
I'm not your typical SJ, guys. I'm usually reluctant to say yes, let alone make others do what I want. (Except my little kids who need a lot of instructions.)
I admit I have a tendency to be passive-aggressive...

Hm. Most SJs I've met are pretty reluctant to say yes. Fast on that "No" trigger, tho. :huh:

I've spent my whole life under the disapproving look of one SJ or other. :thelook: It's destiny--I'm an NP! :party2:

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
Ok, this is weird. My ENTJ is always the first to say yes and I'm always the first to say no especially if somebody's going out of their way to make me feel compelled or to feel guilty. That pisses me off.

My gut says that's an I/E thing, AllAboutSoul.

I agree with Natrushka. Theoretically, Es should be more interested in breadth of experience. Introverts are often into energy conservation.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
first i say "i think" then I wonder why i didn't say I feel or I know or I believe and why I chose "i think" and then I wonder if I'm thinking and then I'm like oh yeah I need to grab my wallet.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Even before clicking this thread, I said to myself, "It's going to be 'NO', isn't it."

ENTPs buck the trend though, I think. I think they'd open with "But ..."

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
In order of most common occurrence 1) huh? 2) maybe 3)suuuuuuuurreee 4)ok 5) no

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am just as likely to respond with "why"? I want to know the reason for your request, or suggestion, or choice, before deciding on my response.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
I am just as likely to respond with "why"? I want to know the reason for your request, or suggestion, or choice, before deciding on my response.

I've trained most of my friends to do this automatically. I hate prying but I don't like doing something when I don't know why either.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
Because it makes me uncomfortable to know I'm making my friends uncomfortable. Now they know that if they want my help with something they have to tell me exactly why. Its a good system for me.