• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] Clicking

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
It's odd. I suspect Ni. But I do it with everyone I meet in real life.

I somehow sense the person.

Then with about 5% of all the people I meet, I am somewhat comfortable with. That percent could easily become a friend in a month or two.

Then with about 2% of all the people I meet, I automatically click with them from the start. They could easily become my friend in one or two days. They could share complex discussions with me from day two. I would initially be shocked since no one has ever opened up to me like that. But nonetheless I would feel comfortable.

Anyone else like this, or am I just crazy? Is it a Ni thing?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Isn't "clicking" what humans do? (with only the odd percent, of course)

Why would this be a Ni thing?

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Sensing what? And is it sensing or judging?
:doh:
Do you or do you not? :blush:

"Introverted Intuition function allows a person to have a sense about the future. It is the ability to grasp and get a sense of a pattern or plan. Information that is usually hard to understand and dissect is easily processed through Introverted Intuition."

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
If you're talking about those times where you tend to know someone's reaction, what they'll say, or somewhat of the way they are before they ever divulge information about that to you, I get it every once in a while, some more than others.. Subconsciously, you're reading their body language, the tone behind their words, or past experiences with people that remind you of that person make your brain lean toward assumptions that in your case tend to be right. I don't know if it's a personality type thing necessarily, but I know that the friends I hang around are VERY good at that sort of thing, at least in comparison to myself.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Not so much their actions. More so if you'd be comfortable with them.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Yes but you're coming to that conclusion based on subconscious thoughts.. things that their body language and aura give off about them that bring you to that conclusion. Normally if I'm at a place around people I don't know, something about that person will tell me if I were going to interact with anyone here I might as well start with that guy/girl. Something about them will give off a comforting vibe, which I can only assume being the same things that people whom are already my friends give off that my subconscious relates to and makes me think this is a safe person.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes but you're coming to that conclusion based on subconscious thoughts.. things that their body language and aura give off about them that bring you to that conclusion. Normally if I'm at a place around people I don't know, something about that person will tell me if I were going to interact with anyone here I might as well start with that guy/girl. Something about them will give off a comforting vibe, which I can only assume being the same things that people whom are already my friends give off that my subconscious relates to and makes me think this is a safe person.

Heh, I meant not so much reading their future actions, but more so reading if you could be comfortable with them in the future. I realize that it's me subconsciously reading body language combined with what they say. Eyes, also.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
its not Ni

if we were talking about a real-time situation or new place that your Ni said ' this is it ' - yes
or Se would have a hunch that a shoe or weapon felt right-lol

but this is concerning people - automatically clicking is probably someone's compatibility with your Ni, but that's it

but at the same time it is-for i do the same thing
however, all functions are capable of such-perhaps not as quickly, but still capable

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes, this is generally how people tend to make friends... :blink:
The larger 'sample' of humanity you sift through, the more people you'll find to click with. Introverts typically meet simply fewer people, and so clicking is more rare. It's still relatively rare for me, but over time I suspect the actual number of people I click with has become higher than a typical introvert of my age.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
its not Ni

if we were talking about a real-time situation or new place that your Ni said ' this is it ' - yes

but this is concerning people - automatically clicking is probably someone's compatibility with your Ni, but that's it

however, all functions are capable of such-perhaps not as quickly, but still capable

Interesting theory. I didn't really mean this thread to turn into a "Is it Ni?", more so a "Do you do it too? And if you do, how do you think you do it."

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting theory. I didn't really mean this thread to turn into a "Is it Ni?", more so a "Do you do it too? And if you do, how do you think you do it."

ah.

i do it - but i pair Ni with Se
i look at there body language-since people comminicate the most when they are not talking, and when they are hiding something

a girl who folds her arms-permissible
but if she walks while doing so - much too passive

If her hips are on a 5/4 time signature while the rest of her body is 4/4
yay-she has character-spunk

other than that - its facial expressions-what they wear
high heel shoes are usually a no no
i like a girl who goes for smart and comfortable-and wouldn't put herself in pain just to look cute
loose linen-loose jeans-i heard tight is not all that comfortable

i signify glasses with someone who is so discerning that their eyes have suffered for it

eye contact-if you don't make direct eye contact-either weary of strangers or a coward

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
ah.

i do it - but i pair Ni with Se
i look at there body language-since people comminicate the most when they are not talking, and when they are hiding something

a girl who folds her arms-permissible
but if she walks while doing so - much too passive

If her hips are on a 5/4 time signature while the rest of her body is 4/4
yay-she has character-spunk

other than that - its facial expressions-what they wear
high heel shoes are usually a no no
i like a girl who goes for smart and comfortable-and wouldn't put herself in pain just to look cute
loose linen-loose jeans-i heard tight is not all that comfortable

i signify glasses with someone who is so discerning that their eyes have suffered for it

eye contact-if you don't make direct eye contact-either weary of strangers or a coward

You do this... subconsciously right.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I can count the times people have surprised me on my left hand.

Ni is a sonnovabitch.

LucrativeSid

I think it's pretty natural and everyone does it to some extent. If you don't have Ni, you have something else that you're using in it's place.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
its not Ni

could be Se.

Ni maybe. Define what you mean by "clicking" a little more...

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
It's odd. I suspect Ni. But I do it with everyone I meet in real life.

I somehow sense the person.

Then with about 5% of all the people I meet, I am somewhat comfortable with. That percent could easily become a friend in a month or two.

Then with about 2% of all the people I meet, I automatically click with them from the start. They could easily become my friend in one or two days. They could share complex discussions with me from day two. I would initially be shocked since no one has ever opened up to me like that. But nonetheless I would feel comfortable.

Anyone else like this, or am I just crazy? Is it a Ni thing?

I'm not sure if it's an Ni thing. I always thought it was just observation.

I can usually tell within 5 minutes the sort of relationship I can have with a person based on what they say and how they move. Sometimes even less if they interact with me more thoroughly than a usual stranger.

These relationships usually happen exactly as I thought they would. Not always, though, because circumstances sometimes get in the way. (for instance, there's this girl at work that I know I'd be great friends with, but she happens to work on the other side of the building and our two jobs don't come together very often, so we settle for chatting on the fly)

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
You do this... subconsciously right.

lol

its funny because i dont look at peoples body lauguage as much as facial expressions (im aware thats technically body language). facial expression is much easier for me to read.

props for being able to do that