• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Most Submissive MBTI Type ?

What is the most submissive MBTI type?

• Total voters

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I noticed this leadership trait with my ISTJ ex. She would pretty much follow me on everything, but when she was around her family she was VERY much the boss.

I do tend to be much more assertive around family and friends. This is because I am more comfortable around them, whereas with the general public/strangers I tend to be more accommodating. I am just fine with not being in a position of leadership. It's easier to follow than lead. Less work and less effort on my part. Obviously everyone has a different threshold/comfort level when it comes to boundaries. I consider myself to be a fairly patient person and it is very hard to press my buttons. Others may have more or less tolerance than me.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
OMG hahaha! Dude, Forever, I TOTALLY was going to reply to that post asking if she meant you :happy2:
Oh geez you guys...I'm definitely not that subtle or quick witted.

On a relevant point to the thread, I find ISFJ's are pretty submissive and enjoy constant validation and guidance from outside themselves. They seem to want to be taken care of in relationships and are more likely to adopt a submissive role. I've had a few friends like that, and they're usually the kind of people who like being told what to do.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
On a relevant point to the thread, I find ISFJ's are pretty submissive and enjoy constant validation and guidance from outside themselves...

Yeah, getting back onto the thread topic, I would agree with most people's assertion that ISFJs may be the most submissive. Why aren't people saying this about INFJs though? Is it due to Ni's tendency to be a bit "strange" and different?

JClassic

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I do tend to be much more assertive around family and friends. This is because I am more comfortable around them, whereas with the general public/strangers I tend to be more accommodating. I am just fine with not being in a position of leadership. It's easier to follow than lead. Less work and less effort on my part. Obviously everyone has a different threshold/comfort level when it comes to boundaries. I consider myself to be a fairly patient person and it is very hard to press my buttons. Others may have more or less tolerance than me.

Okay. I read about the traits of a submissive women, and the traits of an ISFJ. I see a lot of common traits between the two.

21lux, how many of he below traits you think pertain to you (I know its worded weird, got it from a semi-credible site just try to answer best you can):

She is very sensitive to my moods, body language, and tone of voice. She is very sensitive to criticism.
She has a child-like presence.
She is eager to please me and eager to follow my suggestions.
She is sexually aroused/fascinated by my dominant presence.
She turns to me as an authority/advisor when she has personal questions.
She says something’s been missing in all her previous relationships.
She finds herself becoming anxious coping with everyday life on her own.
She says she feels as if she’s putting on a mask or role as an adult, an employee, a boss, a parent.
She’s a nurturer, often being a customer service agent, a nurse, a caregiver of some kind.
She takes on guilt that doesn’t belong to her; she tries to fix everyone’s problems.
She feels that often people are able to take advantage of her giving nature.
She admits to having put up powerful emotional barriers because people can hurt her so easily.
She finds it generally hard to trust people, but paradoxically wants very badly to trust me. Conversely, she may be much too trusting in a child-like way and keeps getting hurt.
She has always felt oddly out of place and “different” from others. She may even feel there is something wrong with her.
From a young age she has found pleasure in serving others; being a good hostess, doing as she’s told, remembering everyone’s birthdays, being everyone’s shoulder to cry on and everyone’s helpmate.
She finds it difficult to resist authority or aggressive behavior; she may have been picked on by bullies all her life.

Source: https://thesubmissionofelle.wordpress.com/2013/04/24/personality-traits-of-a-profound-submissive/

Slate

Lol, in my personal experience ISTJ and ISFJ. Why avoid, you normally are attracted to a more dominant MBTI type?

I just find it funny that we get called stubborn in a do it our way / hyper critical of other aspect, bossy, and submissive at the same time.

You'd think some of these traits would just cancel each other out or cause some cognitive dissonance.

I have both an ESTP and ENTP friend, and we each give each other hell with banter, sarcasm, and force of personality over where the rest of the 10+ of us are going to do for the day.

Hell, even in crime analysis where we were broken into teams of strangers, they observed who took leadership/command, and then they took all the people who took command within the various teams and threw them into a single group for shits and giggles, I was one of them, and eventually took charge of that group too.

Based on the other ISTJ's I know, the complaints about being stubborn and over critical are more apt that claims of submissiveness. If I'm not the expert in a room and we are working on accomplishing at task or the job requires a strict hierarchy, I'll heed those more experienced to get a job done, but outside those scenarios and into social environments, I am the most direct and strong willed within my circles.

JClassic

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yeah, getting back onto the thread topic, I would agree with most people's assertion that ISFJs may be the most submissive. Why aren't people saying this about INFJs though? Is it due to Ni's tendency to be a bit "strange" and different?

I have dated a lot, but I have an ex that is an INFJ and am dating one now. They are but it takes awhile for them to trust you. Once you earn their trust only then will they become submissive. INFJ's are givers and Givers have a need to please, so they will do what you say and they really do, at least in my experience.

Here are some sources to back up what I am saying:

"INFJs are so slow to truly trust someone that they’re quick to pull back from a relationship once they feel that trust has been even slightly broken."
-http://myersandbriggs.tumblr.com/post/121632264340/infjs-fatal-flaw-in-relationships

"This apparent paradox is a necessary escape valve for them, providing both time to rebuild their depleted resources and a filter to prevent the emotional overload to which they are so susceptible as inherent ‘givers."
INFJ Relationships | Prelude Character Analysis

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Eh, I feel ENFPs can be "submissive" to a degree. Well, at least I can be. I'm just so gosh dang easy going :happy2:

I wouldn't say this by a long shot. I think there's a difference between being open to new ideas and not having enough willpower to back up your own.

JClassic

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I just find it funny that we get called stubborn in a do it our way / hyper critical of other aspect, bossy, and submissive at the same time.

You'd think some of these traits would just cancel each other out or cause some cognitive dissonance.

I have both an ESTP and ENTP friend, and we each give each other hell with banter, sarcasm, and force of personality over where the rest of the 10+ of us are going to do for the day.

Hell, even in crime analysis where we were broken into teams of strangers, they observed who took leadership/command, and then they took all the people who took command within the various teams and threw them into a single group for shits and giggles, I was one of them, and eventually took charge of that group too.

Based on the other ISTJ's I know, the complaints about being stubborn and over critical are more apt that claims of submissiveness. If I'm not the expert in a room and we are working on accomplishing at task or the job requires a strict hierarchy, I'll heed those more experienced to get a job done, but outside those scenarios and into social environments, I am the most direct and strong willed within my circles.

Well ISTJ's are duty fulfillers. They Honor their commitments and take their relationship roles very seriously. So like how they are loyal to their bosses, they will be loyal to their husband. Its more of a dutiful choice rather than being weak. They can appear to be submissive that way.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJ's can be submissive if they fall too easily on their aux Fe. Although Ni is more independent and original in a sense where their insights feel so much like they know them and it's a part of them where when Ni is really trusted, Fe really does take second place.
It also can be a life decision too as any type can grow. If an ISFJ isn't always submissive, that's a bit growth spurt too.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Okay. I read about the traits of a submissive women, and the traits of an ISFJ. I see a lot of common traits between the two.

21lux, how many of he below traits you think pertain to you (I know its worded weird, got it from a semi-credible site just try to answer best you can):

She is very sensitive to my moods, body language, and tone of voice. She is very sensitive to criticism.
She has a child-like presence. (<--Only around people who I am relaxed and comfortable around. I subconsciously give a more high strung vibe in public due to the strong I.)
She is eager to please me and eager to follow my suggestions.
She is sexually aroused/fascinated by my dominant presence.
She turns to me as an authority/advisor when she has personal questions.
She says something’s been missing in all her previous relationships.
She finds herself becoming anxious coping with everyday life on her own. (Although this is most likely due to being a 20-something on the road to graduation and general anxiety about the transition from school to adulthood/work life.)
She says she feels as if she’s putting on a mask or role as an adult, an employee, a boss, a parent. (I don't consider myself inauthentic, but yes, I do act different around different audiences.)
She’s a nurturer, often being a customer service agent, a nurse, a caregiver of some kind. (This is a job I have done. The job itself was fine. The management sucked. I will most likely end up working in HR in the future.)
She takes on guilt that doesn’t belong to her; she tries to fix everyone’s problems.
She feels that often people are able to take advantage of her giving nature.
She admits to having put up powerful emotional barriers because people can hurt her so easily. (I am easy to get along with and difficult to truly get to know because of this.)
She finds it generally hard to trust people, but paradoxically wants very badly to trust me. Conversely, she may be much too trusting in a child-like way and keeps getting hurt. (Exactly why I had to put up the emotional barriers in the first place.)
She has always felt oddly out of place and “different” from others. She may even feel there is something wrong with her.
From a young age she has found pleasure in serving others; being a good hostess, doing as she’s told, remembering everyone’s birthdays, being everyone’s shoulder to cry on and everyone’s helpmate.
She finds it difficult to resist authority or aggressive behavior; she may have been picked on by bullies all her life.

Source: https://thesubmissionofelle.wordpress.com/2013/04/24/personality-traits-of-a-profound-submissive/

I bolded the ones that I feel pertain to me. Comments in parenthesis when applicable. Take all of my answers with a grain of salt though--I'm not the best representative of ISFJs by any means.

JClassic

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I bolded the ones that I feel pertain to me. Comments in parenthesis when applicable. Take all of my answers with a grain of salt though--I'm not the best representative of ISFJs by any means.

You didn't bold any of the "giving" questions. Hmm, thought ISFJ's were altruistic / givers. You sure? lol

JClassic

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well they are givers, and same time like control. So you think they will do what you ask, as long as they "Feel" in control?

JClassic

MBTI Type
ENTJ
INFJ's can be submissive if they fall too easily on their aux Fe. Although Ni is more independent and original in a sense where their insights feel so much like they know them and it's a part of them where when Ni is really trusted, Fe really does take second place.
It also can be a life decision too as any type can grow. If an ISFJ isn't always submissive, that's a bit growth spurt too.

Well they are givers, and same time like control. So you think they will do what you ask, as long as they "Feel" in control?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You didn't bold any of the "giving" questions. Hmm, thought ISFJ's were altruistic / givers. You sure? lol

Instead of derailing the thread by talking about myself as an exception to my type, if you care to know more, I will kindly refer you to this thread.

In short, no, I don't live to serve others, which is why I make an odd ISFJ. Hosting? That's stressful. Then I have to clean up after everyone. Giving, altruistic, putting others' needs before myself? Well, I might be inclined to perform a random act of kindness if I'm in the mood and have the means to do so, and I may be accommodating and not completely uncaring, but at the end of the day, I do care very much about what happens to me. After all, I have to live with myself.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I don't know what you mean or getting by this, but I mean if my expectations are going alright and I open-minded or at least I tend to think I am (not 100% open minded but anyway).

I think just about any type likes control in some sort. Everyone has an extroverted judging function, some more than others. I don't need it as much though. I guess it's really individual I suppose.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In short, no, I don't live to serve others, which is why I make an odd ISFJ.

At the end of the day, everyone is living for themselves first and foremost. I don't think you make an odd ISFJ at all. :yes:

JClassic

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Instead of derailing the thread by talking about myself as an exception to my type, if you care to know more, I will kindly refer you to this thread.

In short, no, I don't live to serve others, which is why I make an odd ISFJ. Hosting? That's stressful. Then I have to clean up after everyone. Giving, altruistic, putting others' needs before myself? Well, I might be inclined to perform a random act of kindness if I'm in the mood and have the means to do so, and I may be accommodating and not completely uncaring, but at the end of the day, I do care very much about what happens to me. After all, I have to live with myself.

There is a taker / giver psychology. You might just be a taker, nothing to do with your MBTI type. But I still haven't figured out what the most submissive type is lol. But have learned so much in this thread is amazing. But I am thinking the most submissive MBTI type would be ISFJ with a well developed Fe.

You can read about taker / giver psychology here:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...suit-leadership/201507/are-you-giver-or-taker

P.S. Your not derailing this thread, it is an asumption that your the most submissive MBTI type so answering those questions helped. I am sure that the most submissive type is ISFJ with a well developed Fe since that is what your missing lol. But it seems true

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I wouldn't say this by a long shot. I think there's a difference between being open to new ideas and not having enough willpower to back up your own.

You forgot this part of the quote: "My Fi can kick you in the jaw though so just be sure not to cross them boundaries." :newwink:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You forgot this part of the quote: "My Fi can kick you in the jaw though so just be sure not to cross them boundaries." :newwink:

I get what you were trying to say there, that's why I quoted the part where you said "ENFPs can be submissive to a degree" and then supported it by saying "I'm so easygoing." My point was that easygoing =/= submissive.

I mean, any type could be submissive obviously. I just don't think wanting positive experience necessarily means that you're more willing to let yourself be dominated by others.

-Beatriz

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am sure that I am quite submissive. I don't like to disrespect authorities and also avoid conflicts with them, so I'd just rather follow the rules. I'm guessing ISTJ and ISFJ are the most submissive ones. Not that submission is a bad thing -- in my view it isn't bad. (unless you are being abused, of course.)