• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] How Common Is INTJ Enneagram 6

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One thing that really surprised me when I was doing this analysis was how different the % of INTJ 6s was between Typology Central and Personality Cafe. At Typology Central, only 5% of INTJs self identified as Enneagram 6. At Personality Cafe, 20% of INTJs said they were Enneagram 6. That makes it 4 times as common. It's not a small sample size on either forum.

It seems implausible to me that there is that big of a difference between the two forums in terms of percentages. I wonder why the difference. Some possible explanations I can think of
  • People are mistyped a lot on one of the forums
  • The herd effect. It's more popular on Personality Cafe to be a 6 so people identify with that type more frequently

What do you think given the INTJs you've known? Is it 1 out of 5 or 1 out of 20? What possible explanation can you think of for this?

These are the percentages

Color Key of Enneagram Types

Typology Central

Personality Cafe

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One thing I noticed is that the Type 6 percentages are higher across almost every single MBTI type on Personality Cafe. The only type this didn't occur in was ENTP. The INTJ numbers stood out as an order of magnitude different. Another possible explanation is that ISTJs are mistyped as INTJ on that forum.

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
It's common enough for you be a statistic.
Nothing special here. Move on.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Enneagram 6, along with E9 is a common type among all types so I would imagine, fairly common. There is a lot of variety among that type that can be found across the board. An INTJ 6 would look different than a feeler 6 though. Enneagram 1 may be just as common for INTJs, . 1s and 6s can superficially resemble each other so that can feed into it. Both types potentially wanting order and the 5-winged variety of 6s being more subdued than the alternate counterpart. 6w5, I would imagine would be more common than 6w7, perhaps with a strong wing with INTJ 6w5s.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Probabily a mistyped or a very rare intj , Almost every intj that i know aren't e6 ... Hell... NT's first e6 is like contradiction .
St first E6 is alot more frecuent .

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's probably less uncommon than you'd think. 6 traits work with the idea that Ni is fairly future oriented and truth/certainty seeking. In general, 6's aren't described that well, so I'd imagine the only reason you don't see as many 6 INTJs is due to close mistypes (ie. some 5w6's and 1w9s might be 6s for example). My gut tells me that 1 core is probably still a bit more common though.

yeghor

One thing that really surprised me when I was doing this analysis was how different the % of INTJ 6s was between Typology Central and Personality Cafe. At Typology Central, only 5% of INTJs self identified as Enneagram 6. At Personality Cafe, 20% of INTJs said they were Enneagram 6. That makes it 4 times as common. It's not a small sample size on either forum.

It seems implausible to me that there is that big of a difference between the two forums in terms of percentages. I wonder why the difference. Some possible explanations I can think of
  • People are mistyped a lot on one of the forums
  • The herd effect. It's more popular on Personality Cafe to be a 6 so people identify with that type more frequently

What do you think given the INTJs you've known? Is it 1 out of 5 or 1 out of 20? What possible explanation can you think of for this?

These are the percentages

Color Key of Enneagram Types

Typology Central

Personality Cafe

My opinion, enneagram 6s are Te-doms, 5s are Ti-doms, 1s are Ni-doms (assuming they are correctly typed under enneagram as well, they might very well have another enneagram preference, these tests are very subjective and prone to personal bias)

According to that data from 2015, 85 to 90% of the self-identified INTJs are actually some other non-Ni type (according to the enneagram correlation I proposed).

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
My opinion, enneagram 6s are Te-doms, 5s are Ti-doms, 1s are Ni-doms (assuming they are correctly typed under enneagram as well, they might very well have another enneagram preference, these tests are very subjective and prone to personal bias)

According to that data from 2015, 85 to 90% of the self-identified INTJs are actually some other non-Ni type (according to the enneagram correlation I proposed).

I'm surprised you find Ni doms are 1s, maybe NFJs, but INTJs probably skew 6 over 1. The Personality Cafe numbers Highlander shared make more sense to me.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

The analysis I did showed a different result. What 2015 data are you referring to?

MRv0mCc.png

As an aside, Te doms are often 8s, then 3s, then 1s in descending order. Those three types make. up 75% of ENTJs and 88% of ESTJs.

GS5kpRV.png

yeghor

The analysis I did showed a different result. What 2015 data are you referring to?

MRv0mCc.png

As an aside, Te doms are often 8s, then 3s, then 1s in descending order. Those three types make. up 75% of ENTJs and 88% of ESTJs.

GS5kpRV.png

There is a bar chart in your original post.

8 represents someone prone to rage and who makes decisions by their gut in the heat of the moment. Te-doms are thinkers and decide by their head by weighing pros and cons and not by their gut and are also not prone to rage. Enneagram 8 definition for instance fits with ESxP demeanor, who decide by Se (gut) and are prone to anger.

EDIT:

That indicates there is an inconsistency in that people who claim to be a Te-dom and enneagram 8 at the same time must have mistyped themselves either in enneagram or MBTI or both. Repeating here, Te-doms are thinkers and decide by their head not their gut and are not prone to rage. Enneagram 8 definition for instance fits with ESxP demeanor, who decide by Se (gut) and are prone to anger and addicted to adrenaline rush and excitement.

So that kind of inaccurate data set cannot be relied upon to draw a correct conclusion about enneagram type and MBTI type correlations.

Instead, enneagram type definitions should be matched to MBTI type definitions. It can be done because enneagram and MBTI are actually explaining the same phenomenon but in different terminology.

Tested enneagram type and MBTI type should then be used to cross-check the typings in both systems against each other to measure the consistency of the individual's typing.

Big 5 can also be used as a third layer of consistency cross-check.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is a bar chart in your original post. 8 represents someone prone to rage and who makes decisions by their gut in the heat of the moment. Te-doms are thinkers and decide by their head by weighing pros and cons and not by their gut and are also not prone to rage. Enneagram 8 definition for instance fits with ESxP demeanor, who decide by Se (gut) and are prone to anger. EDIT:
That indicates there is an inconsistency in that people who claim to be a Te-dom and enneagram 8 at the same time must have mistyped themselves either in enneagram or MBTI or both. Repeating here, Te-doms are thinkers and decide by their head not their gut and are not prone to rage. Enneagram 8 definition for instance fits with ESxP demeanor, who decide by Se (gut) and are prone to anger and addicted to adrenaline rush and excitement. So that kind of inaccurate data set cannot be relied upon to draw a correct conclusion about enneagram type and MBTI type correlations. Instead, enneagram type definitions should be matched to MBTI type definitions. It can be done because enneagram and MBTI are actually explaining the same phenomenon but in different terminology. Tested enneagram type and MBTI type should then be used to cross-check the typings in both systems against each other to measure the consistency of the individual's typing. Big 5 can also be used as a third layer of consistency cross-check.
I have known a lot of ESTJ and ENTJs and think the stats seem pretty accurate.