• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Rant about Fi

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also, OP, many Fi users have responded directly to your points using anecdotes or comparisons. Maybe your misunderstanding of Fi is so fundamental that you didn't recognize the depth of the responses you were getting.

Diablesse

Same. I don't know what the hell this is all even about. I'd asked my question above in earnest, rather than out of sarcasm, because I wonder what the hell this is all even about.

I suppose you didn't notice that a smarmy type 6, decided to reply to this thread, because heaven help the person who discovers they have actually developed their Tertiary function, they might begin thinking well of themselves, and we wouldn't want that to happen, it would be a travesty.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
do you bake cookies?

55614245.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yes, but I have learned to delegate the task of baking cookies to my Isfj daughter, they always turn out better when she bakes them :)

sorry i don't have an answer i had one for no which was then your not an old lady and then one for yes which was ok fine you are.

but not one for yes but with conditions. damn humans complicating things since always

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If I may critique OP's approach:

The genuine way in which you presented your offense was A-class. In all my years, I have hardly seen better. All 12 of them.

Leading with a gathering interrogative? Brilliant. Broadens the scope and bumps up the hidden majority pressure by a few points. Elegant, really.

Deduction on presentation. Minimal though, since you still used paragraphs and punctuation. The capitalization issues can easily be attributed to the passion of your feelings.

Deduction on structure. As others noted, you generalized from a rather small sample size. However this could also be seen as a boon since you were able to draw in the "logical debaters" who would looked past the content of your rant to "catch you" on the glaring fallacy. Corollary to the corollary of the "no such thing as bad PR" principle. Re-evaluted to neutral.

Deduction on the Sensor focus. The ones who agree will be placated and the ones who don't would've deemed you too immature on typological matters to bother responding to. Lessened impact.

The jab at the INFPs and SFJs at the end though? You must've done your research because I would estimate that they are the most active group of posters at the moment. Excellent again.

Final Grade: A- (9.0/10)

gromit

likes this
I like Ti. I like my little brother and I like [MENTION=5639]JocktheMotie[/MENTION]. They are the only ones I know who do it. It's like, we are different, but also similar.

We always have good times.

giorgaros2

MBTI Type
ENTP
If I may critique OP's approach:

The genuine way in which you presented your offense was A-class. In all my years, I have hardly seen better. All 12 of them.

Leading with a gathering interrogative? Brilliant. Broadens the scope and bumps up the hidden majority pressure by a few points. Elegant, really.

Deduction on presentation. Minimal though, since you still used paragraphs and punctuation. The capitalization issues can easily be attributed to the passion of your feelings.

Deduction on structure. As others noted, you generalized from a rather small sample size. However this could also be seen as a boon since you were able to draw in the "logical debaters" who would looked past the content of your rant to "catch you" on the glaring fallacy. Corollary to the corollary of the "no such thing as bad PR" principle. Re-evaluted to neutral.

Deduction on the Sensor focus. The ones who agree will be placated and the ones who don't would've deemed you too immature on typological matters to bother responding to. Lessened impact.

The jab at the INFPs and SFJs at the end though? You must've done your research because I would estimate that they are the most active group of posters at the moment. Excellent again.

Final Grade: A- (9.0/10)

Hey man , are you really INTP with 7w8 :p ? I mean is that thing possible ? You must be pretty rare.( i dont know everything about Enneagram but i thought people with very low Se cant be eights correct me if i am wrong)

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hey man , are you really INTP with 7w8 :p ? I mean is that thing possible ? You must be pretty rare.( i dont know everything about Enneagram but i thought people with very low Se cant be eights correct me if i am wrong)

wtf? who are you calling an impossibility?!!?!?

you're rude af. Fight me. (ง •̀_•́)ง

Diablesse

sorry i don't have an answer i had one for no which was then your not an old lady and then one for yes which was ok fine you are.

but not one for yes but with conditions. damn humans complicating things since always

Well, I would rather grow old, then face the inevitable alternative sooner than necessary. And I'm not too bad for 45, so I'm not complaining.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Shhh. It's okay.

I like you best as an INTP.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Well, I would rather grow old, then face the inevitable alternative sooner than necessary. And I'm not too bad for 45, so I'm not complaining.

ps i don't think 45 is old i really don't i think no one's old until 70 minimum

giorgaros2

MBTI Type
ENTP
From a logical perspective, your argument is invalid.

Here, let's look at this:

There is truth in how you say this. Your underlying premise however is that this is illogical. ime, the gut feelings of like / dislike require time to interpret well, but generally correspond to a very elegant internal logical framework. Fi is a rational function after all; as rational in nature as Ti. You lack the cognitive framework to appreciate the depth of this, but it will work best if you understand Fi doms are looking for as much cohesivness in a value-based structure as you are through Ti. We too are looking for the one simple equation that explains it all.

You sound quite young. Your friends therefore are primarily also young. Everyone is just figuring this out as they go along. Young Fi doms cannot express their internal feeling framework well into words. What's inside is like a masterful painting, and the words used to describe that are like finger-painting by a 5 year old. Fi has Te to express itself, after all. You will only see the crudeness of inferior Te, rather than direct expression from the dominant function. It takes time for Fi to find words to put to these feelings-based value concepts. And, it takes time, years of time, to realize that some of the things that feel somewhat objective as a youth have more shades of grey than initially realized.

This is part of the journey we are all on. So, having patience for each other is paramount. I have no problem with your rant, and no need to convince you of a position, so that's the primary reason why you're not going to have a bunch of Fi doms in here trying to appease your aux Ti.

And welcome to the forum new person. Nice to have you. :)

Yes i undestand what youre saying .Also I am young indeed :p ( im 22 years old).
What you are describing i believe is the Fi/Si duo with Si containing the complex structure and Fi judging things taken from outside(Ne) and refining the structure.The same as the INTP who uses Ti/Si to create complex logical structures.But for an ISFP who uses Fi/Ni , i believe Fi would work differently.
Any ISFP there to help us with that?

giorgaros2

MBTI Type
ENTP

I believe that NTP's shouldnt fight with each other , we are the only ones who can protect mankind from an SJ apocalypse

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A

45, old?

Whatever a person's mind dwells on
intensely and with firm resolve,
that is exactly what he becomes.
~ Shankaracharya ~

So, you are still so young. :)

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
ps i don't think 45 is old i really don't i think no one's old until 70 minimum

Nah, 45 isn't old. I've dated women in that age range (I'm mid 30s) and they looked better than 30 year olds.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Nah, 45 isn't old. I've dated women in that age range (I'm mid 30s) and they looked better than 30 year olds.

so you are a dude or a lesbian i guess either way doesn't matter. i always imagined you as a female. if you are a dude can i just picture you as female who likes other females? because your name is a bit girly imo, remember its my opinion it means very little so don't get angry.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
so you are a dude or a lesbian i guess either way doesn't matter. i always imagined you as a female. if you are a dude can i just picture you as female who likes other females? because your name is a bit girly imo, remember its my opinion it means very little so don't get angry.

I'm a guy but if I were a chick I'd be a lesbian. So that's fine :thumbup:

Diablesse

Okay, I am curious to learn if anyone here is familiar with the DISC. Because it seems that the woman I was referring to in my previous reply to this thread might have been using that model of personality. But, instead of Guardian - Rational - Artisan - Idealist, she was thinking of Eagle - Owl - Peacock - Dove? Because if that were the case, her observation matches my temperment with NF Idealist.

Naming_systems_zpsstxj6c3p.png