• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT threads

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
always suck.

NF ones kick our asses.

WTF gang?

Why don't we have anything interesting to discuss?!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How are you helping by only complaining about it?

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Ummm...

are you at all familiar with western society?

Complaining about something is the best way to draw attention to it.

If I simply took it upon myself to fix the problem through my own threads then the problem would never actually disappear and the subforum would be entirely dependent on me for it's level of interest.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
No, see, what we do is go through all the threads all over the whole board and by our very presence, make them awesome. :yes:

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Yeah, it's weird, this seems to have been going on since July 2008.

observer84

MBTI Type
INTP
Actually I think Idealist threads suck. Like rainbows and unicorns. The world is not a happy place. Any kind of logic flies out the window. All sarcasm is lost and feelings are continually injured.

How about a Rational discussion about it?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
for what it's worth, there does appear to be a hell of a lot of navel gazing in the last few days.... LOL no J...there are all.

Maybe you ought to open some more interesting conversations???? I noticed that the NT's lack of open mindedness had some really good replies, so maybe it's just picking up interesting subjects that people can get into is the issue......?

Lis

observer84

MBTI Type
INTP
for what it's worth, there does appear to be a hell of a lot of navel gazing in the last few days.... LOL no J...there are all.

Maybe you ought to open some more interesting conversations???? I noticed that the NT's lack of open mindedness had some really good replies, so maybe it's just picking up interesting subjects that people can get into is the issue......?

Lis

I am of the opinion that XTNPs are open-minded. At least I like to think I am (INTP). Not to fairies and astrology, though, unless external evidence supports it. Which it does not.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
......Not to fairies and astrology, though, unless external evidence supports it. Which it does not.

LOL not unless the evidence supports it, but hey I'll put money on the fact you wouldnt' read the evideince.....

Incidentally it's the wrong thread...

;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am of the opinion that XTNPs are open-minded. At least I like to think I am (INTP). Not to fairies and astrology, though, unless external evidence supports it. Which it does not.

I am extremely open to anything that seems reasonably possible, even if I do not think it is probable.

i.e.,
- There is some sort of reasonable support for.
- There is not conclusive evidence against.
- The possibility seems reasonable, even if unlikely.

If it's completely out of left field and seems to make no sense, though, my window of acceptability diminishes. But I'll always entertain new arguments/proof.

And I don't think that astrology and fairies are probable at all.

Note: Tagging makes a big difference. I'm much more likely to file away an idea if I can tag it as "xx% likely," regardless of the value of xx.

observer84

MBTI Type
INTP
LOL not unless the evidence supports it, but hey I'll put money on the fact you wouldnt' read the evideince.....

Incidentally it's the wrong thread...

;)

Well you lose the bet. I have read about astrology.

I am aware of the open-mindedness topic. I posted there and if you read what I wrote you might consider that Perceivers tend toward open-mindedness and Judgers tend toward close-mindedness. I'd be happy to hear what you and others have to say on the topic, but there does seem to be some navel-gazing going on.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well you lose the bet. I have read about astrology.

I am aware of the open-mindedness topic. I posted there and if you read what I wrote you might consider that Perceivers tend toward open-mindedness and Judgers tend toward close-mindedness. I'd be happy to hear what you and others have to say on the topic, but there does seem to be some navel-gazing going on.

LOL I so did read them but I got distracted...damned P type LOL

so what ya read? ewe bet it wasn't Gauquelin's repeated research? Although many tried to damn it...I have to say astrologers SULK at research. One could prove it if one looked at major sweeping stuff, but they all want to be precious about megga details......

L

observer84

MBTI Type
INTP
so what ya read?

L

I don't remember what I read. I just remember that it was ridiculous.
One could prove it if one looked at major sweeping stuff, but they all want to be precious about megga details......
L

I agree with Jennifer. And btw research does not prove ideas. It attempts to disprove them. Yes, good scientists try their very best to come up with a way to disprove their theory. If it cannot be disproved, then it is accepted as a theory. Astrology cannot be proved nor disproved, and therefor is not a candidate for scientific inquiry.

But why I don't buy into it is simply because it's a ridiculous concept. I had a friend who read me my chart and it was nonsense.

I am extremely open to anything that seems reasonably possible, even if I do not think it is probable.

i.e.,
- There is some sort of reasonable support for.
- There is not conclusive evidence against.
- The possibility seems reasonable, even if unlikely.

If it's completely out of left field and seems to make no sense, though, my window of acceptability diminishes. But I'll always entertain new arguments/proof.

And I don't think that astrology and fairies are probable at all.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
But why I don't buy into it is simply because it's a ridiculous concept. I had a friend who read me my chart and it was nonsense.

Hey don't stress, MBTI is directly based on astrology and you seem to be open to it. Jung was an astrologer the EI scale is about rising and decensign sign and balance of hemespheres, NS if Masculine and Feminine planets, J and P type are collective of Fixed or Mutability, S and T are elementally based - so Yea I can definately see well worth throwing the baby out with the bathwater

I tend to read history - typical of time, to take the purer version of what is synthsised /chewed up in modern thinking so I can understand it better, I know thats not for everyone, which is why I started the OM thread in the first place....

L

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
i was just moving the peas in my meal around and thought they are about astrology now :D

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well it is interesting over in NF world, no doubt. However, a lot of their threads have had strong similarities. I see a few more unique threads in here.