• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Casting INTJs as Villains - How A Writer Does It

Ursa

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I like this article and it really speaks to my experiences with most INTJs. I think mostly INTJs need and want space, autonomy and time to process and when extroverted society tramples on that they can become really grumpy, which sadly many people misunderstand as somewhat cold and even villainous.

With any type, however, phrases (and attitudes) in articles such as, 'He also has the experience of being proved right more often than not,' are best avoided, I think. I see Se in INTJs bite them in the behind all the time. Every type is like this. Great perspective that comes consistently is a maturity, not a type, aspect.

Duffy

It isn't just INTJs. I think all Ni types (Dom/Aux) tend to get tossed in villain territory. Probably has something to do with the abundance of Se types in contrast to Ni types in meat world. So Ni ends up being misunderstood (customary # snowflake for the uniquely allergic). A similar thing happens with the judging functions. Te seems most ideal (capitalist culture of the West), so in contrast, Fi gets a lot of flack for being selfish/useless. ...And what do you get when you combine the two? xNTJ!

Fret not NTJs. There are NFJ baddies as well. For INFJs, Maleficent (Disney) and Loki (Marvel) comes to mind.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just because our beliefs are so different from the norm and idealists equals a perfect equation for evil. When we're the misunderstood revolutionaries. Change must come. Change is evil. Lol.

Party on: just my comment.

While INTJ's are like: I hate it when people don't read the OP and post lol.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I never realized people try and make their characters fit certain mbti. Sounds like a disaster for people who only rely on type descriptions.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I never realized people try and make their characters fit certain mbti. Sounds like a disaster for people who only rely on type descriptions.
There was someone on my old forum who was writing a fantasy novel that included a character for each one of the 16 types. They were designed that way. He sometimes posted chapters and asked for feedback.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There was someone on my old forum who was writing a fantasy novel that included a character for each one of the 16 types. They were designed that way. He sometimes posted chapters and asked for feedback.

That seems interesting. Was it any good?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That seems interesting. Was it any good?
I suppose not bad for an amateur novel. I certainly couldn't write anything better as creative writing has never been my strong suit.

Kendrix

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What ppl are missing is that most of these writers don't know about type and might not even know an INTJ in RL (given their rarity)

They are just giving their villains exactly the traits they require to be an effective threat, which is often dilligence, smarts, an uncaring exterior.... they don't got at it with the expectation of writing 'INTJs' but 'effective villains' and it ends up looking roughly like an INTJ only by coincidence.

It could also be a sort of unconscious thing - While there are many triumphant exceptions, most artists are Perceivers, that is, Ne or Se users; So Si ('mean girl' or 'art-hating conservative dad' anyone?) and Ni would be functions they value or understand less; So maybe they might write the character based on behaviors they witnessed & didn't understand, or suppressed/less reliable shadow parts of their own psyche.

Sort of like when ppl try to think of what robots/aliens would sound like, they end up talking suspiciously like Ti users?
Ti and Ni both being rare functions. Te isn't anywhere close to odd or unapreciated, but when you consider the ubiquity of Fi dom artists, well, no one likes their inferior.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Almost thought it was a good read, until I saw this: Objectively, INTJs have the highest collective IQ of any other type.

and

Their Se function constantly and unconsciously gathers data from their environment providing the INTJ with accurate “impressions.” These “impressions” sometimes appear uncanny or bordering on the prescient to others. It isn’t magic, of course. It’s just data gathering and analysis. But because the INTJ discards the data once he’s formed an impression and shares only the outcome of his thoughts, it seems to others that the INTJ picked up knowledge that he could not have because nobody shared it with him.

:dont:

Anyway, some of it is good to know, I can relate to it. My problem with it is the explanations given are incorrect, that spreads more confusion and I think that does more harm than good.