• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] What are the differences between ENFP and ENTP?

Necobellator

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Hey!

Can anyone tell me the fundamental differences between ENFP and ENTP (I'm actually torn between them :shrug:)?

Thanks!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fi vs Ti, in a nutshell

An ENFP will use their personal value system to make decisions whereas an ENTP goes back on their personal logic system, as such. In practice, you'll see an ENTP arguing hypotheses, interpretation of facts, statistics on a situation whereas an ENFP will argue morality, personal freedom of choice, diversity, unique perspectives, etc.

Additionally, theres the tertiary Te vs Fe thing

Enfps, when they do use logic, will use empirical data, facts, logistics and organisation, whereas ENTPs, when they do use social graces as such, will stick to group dynamics, social protocol and 'gaming the social system' of give and take in society.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Ne-Fi-Te-Si
Ne-Ti-Fe-Si

ENFP and ENTP use Ne and Si. ENFP and ENTP both use Ne which makes interconnections to other contexts. Si recalls past experience. They both use Ne as their first function and Si as their fourth. Now the difference between them is that ENFP use Fi which is how I feel. ENFP also use Te which has to do with systematizing.

ENTP use Ti and Fe. Ti finds logical inconsistencies within statements. Fe is considers how other people feel.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Entps>enfps :coffee: simple

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Of course you're going to get a bunch of junk mail from ENTPs towards ENFPs in the NT forum. I'd look at someone's use of their Ne though, and whether it's being used more in social situations as a device to connect with other people, or whether that Ne is applied to more logical applications. They're both doing the same thing, but typically used in different applications. Indeed, it comes down to the difference between Ti and Fi, but personally, I'd find it easier to distinguish the two based on their Ne use.

ENFPs can come across as very logical, I can almost feel NT at times...sorta, but at their core, they're still very much "people" people.