• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Star Trek

Are NTs more likely to be SciFi Geeks?

• Yes definately more SFi geekery involved?

Votes: 29 69.0%
  • Yes but only NJ types

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Yes but nly NP types

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hi

My boss is an ENTJ, and he often refers to things through using Star Trek analogies, infact he and another collegue have used trek examples to ahve whole conversations.

Do you think that NTs are more prone to to being SciFi geeks?

Lis :)

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I liked the campyness and humour of the original series. And I love the moral messages. The rest can fuck off.

Enyo

MBTI Type
xNTJ
Hi

My boss is an ENTJ, and he often refers to things through using Star Trek analogies, infact he and another collegue have used trek examples to ahve whole conversations.

Do you think that NTs are more prone to to being SciFi geeks?

Lis :)

Maybe? My husband is not a firm NT. He actually waivers between ISTP and INTP, depending on the test. He's a bigger sci-fi geek than I am about some things. While I enjoyed the Ringworld series, I wouldn't have read it if it weren't for him. He does Neil Gaimon and Spider Robinson books. He plays Halo.

Me? Not so much. I hate Star Trek (classic and Enterprise), but love the others that came in between. I can kick his but in StarWars trivia.

In a nutshell, his sysadmin-y self is a bigger geek than my humanities major self. :)

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I love SF, but not Star Trek. Wouldn't suspect SJ's to be too fond of it, but I have no idea. I don't see any difference here between NTJ and NTP...

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hmm... I was all ready to say 'yes', then I thought about my life as a geeky roleplayer with my AD&D books under my arm all the time. Well, under the arm of the dufus I conned into carrying them for me, but they were mine.

And I remembered how it seemed to me most of the people in the roleplaying groups were real by the book types, most of whom were also into sci-fi. It was hard to find someone who wouldn't be completely nitpicky all the damn time and have to follow everything meticulously and they'd bore me to death spending hours lingering over details ingame whilst I was just yawning and waiting to splat someone.

All that meticulousness and rule following doesn't seem very NT to me...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm... I was all ready to say 'yes', then I thought about my life as a geeky roleplayer with my AD&D books under my arm all the time. Well, under the arm of the dufus I conned into carrying them for me, but they were mine.

And I remembered how it seemed to me most of the people in the roleplaying groups were real by the book types, most of whom were also into sci-fi. It was hard to find someone who wouldn't be completely nitpicky all the damn time and have to follow everything meticulously and they'd bore me to death spending hours lingering over details ingame whilst I was just yawning and waiting to splat someone.

All that meticulousness and rule following doesn't seem very NT to me...

You'd love my roommate's games, they is tha shit! :D

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I like Star trek.

It's a world where frenchmen can be captain of the admiral vessel of the Federation, and where Paris is the capitol city of earth and the galaxy.

(Too utopia-ish, you said?) :frown:

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
(Too utopia-ish, you said?) :frown:

Yeah, I mean I respect Star Trek, it's sci-fi after all. But it's not for me. I find anytime I watch it I just get bored.

It's like, "Oh man life is so perfect, let's go explore!" I might be completely wrong, it's just it's not for me. I'd rather the notion of the force and being a bad ass monk with a glow stick.

Last edited:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
The first series were good but not great. The later series I try to get into, but there is so much wrong with them. In ST:TNG the character with the most personality is Data the android. :rolli:

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
In ST:TNG the character with the most personality is Data the android. :rolli:

Well, in every series, I always empathize with the doctors (except TNG, where I'd rather see both Crusher's die in the most gory and hideous way)...

TOS -> Kirk/McCoy
TNG -> Picard (and sometimes Q)
DS9 -> Bashir/Garak
VOY -> Holographic doctor
ENT -> Phlox

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
guess that's a yes then....

Yea roll playing also seems a bit NT, but I've never indluged in either.

I do read an awful lot, and actually I have been wondering if reading is just living life vacariously, should we all ditch the paper and go get lives?????

Lis :0

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm not a fan of Sci Fi in general, but I do love the new Battlestar Galactica.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not a fan of Sci Fi in general, but I do love the new Battlestar Galactica.

I love BSG too, but it's what I'd call "light SciFi". It's really a drama that just happens to have a fantastic/futuristic setting.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
The thread title and poll questions are not synonymous. Are you sure you're not NF, tinkerbell? teehee.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I like Star Trek - TOS. After that, I lost interest. I like Star Wars too. I'm also a defender of <strike>134340</strike> Pluto.

heart

heart on fire
TOS is properly seen as Kirk/McCoy/Spock.

Spock is the left brain.
Mc Coy is the right brain.
Kirk is the balance between.

This is the main reason it is so compelling and why morality themes and universal questions played out so well.

It is also the tension between feeling loyalty and duty to a cause and trying to balance it with individuality and personal conscience.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like Star Trek - TOS. After that, I lost interest. I like Star Wars too. I'm also a defender of <strike>134340</strike> Pluto.

Are you talking about that dwarf planet and plutoid crap? Sometimes you wonder what kind of gong show is happening over at the IAU...