• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Has anyone called you a sore loser?

heart

heart on fire
This is one complaint I have not had leveled at me.

Oops, didn't notice this was in the NT section...sorry.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I have an INTJ male friend, and oh boy! does he not like losing an argument. We recently played chess together, and I won all 4 times which made me very annoyed with me.

So I have a question for you NT folks, when you lose, how graceful are you?
I used to be a REALLY sore loser!
I don't mind so much if it's a close race
but I hate it when someone is just plain humiliating me.
One time, my husband was beating me really bad at Backgammon and I got so upset,
I flipped the whole board over!
That ended the game.:blush:
I was probably in my early 30's when I did that.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I used to be a REALLY sore loser!
I don't mind so much if it's a close race
but I hate it when someone is just plain humiliating me.

That's interesting...with me it's the opposite. If I get completely dominated in a competition, it's easier for me to shrug it off. I tend to think that either there was nothing I could have done, or it just wasn't my day. But close losses get under my skin because I keep rehashing what I might have done differently to turn a close loss into a close win. It'll stay with me.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Called me a sore loser?
I guess they've never lived long enough to finish the sentence, but it usually sounds like that's what they were starting to say.

I should wait 'til they're done talking next time to confirm.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Before or after I push the chessboard off the table?

:cheese:

Eryndil

MBTI Type
INTx
It depends on a number of things. If I think I should have been able to win, I don't take it well because I am frustrated with myself. If the person who won gloats over it, I get irritated. If I feel I am being judged according to how well I do, then losing makes me feel like I've failed. Obviously, I am a sore loser in these cases, though I try to hide it.

Otherwise, I'm generally OK. I am a graceful winner though because I am aware that my opponent may be feeling any of the things I've mentioned above and I don't want to rub their face in it. Also, I value modesty!

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
I learned pretty quickly that no one will play with you if you are a sore loser or a boastful winner. Taking defeat gracefully is learned.

As someone else said on this thread, you don't get better by playing against opponents you can always beat. So if you want to improve you better get used to losing. It just makes it that much sweeter when you finally win.

ygolo

My termites win
I'm not a sore loser. I posted about this before. Game playing is like an experiment for me.

Especially in games of chance, I don't play to win, I play to create interesting situations.

This is even more true in arguments. I like to explore what is interesting, or most penetrating, rather than attempt to "win" the argument.

What I do get sore about is when people complain about how I play the game. (I find loop-holes often)

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have an INTJ male friend, and oh boy! does he not like losing an argument. We recently played chess together, and I won all 4 times which made me very annoyed with me.

So I have a question for you NT folks, when you lose, how graceful are you?

I'm a very bad winner, so when I lose it's obvious to everyone that I'm not happy, although I'll always congratulate the winner.

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Yes. I've been called a sore loser many times.

When I was a child up until about fourteen or so, I handled losses very badly. No always losing once, but definitely if I lost two or three times in a row. I would become terribly flustered and hostile, usually cursed, growled, stomped, and was likely to drive people away from playing the game. Throwing and object wasn't out of the question either.

Today, I still have a competitive streak that I try to keep subdued, because I think it's a very unhealthy thing. Losing still makes me upset, actually, but I turn it all inwards now. When I lose, I'm disapponted in myself. That's always been the problem, regardless of how I show it.

:yes: Sounds like me about a decade ago, in all honesty it wasn't so much the losing the bothered me, I'll even throw a game to cheer up or boost confidence in someone who isn't doing so well. It was the reaction to winning from the other side that made me become hostile and sort of throw a temper tantrum in my own way.

When someone is up in your face going "hooyaeh biiiatch, taste your defeat muahahahaha" and stuff like that, that's what pisses me off, still does.

So if you're an ungracious sore winner, then expect me to the perfect ungracious sore loser in return. :smile:

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There's a catch here: the sore losers may not admit to it.

R

Riva

i dont mind losing as long as i did my B E S T. if i do my best and still lose i will be likely to see what i id wrong.

but if someone calls me a loser, i'll BE PISSED OFF. (no one has called me that EVER).

the reason for getting PISSED OFF is not losing it's because i'll feel that others will think that I DIDNT DO MY BEST. if they think that mannnnnnnnnn i'll be PISSED OFF, BIG TYM.

but no one dares tell me that.

Jess

MBTI Type
INTJ
I am an excellent loser. Well, sometimes.

As a child I was very bad. As you grow older, however, you learn that being upset that you lost won't solve anything. So I learned to find the fun side in losing :) What I find trouble not getting frustrated at, is people gloating that they won, especially in games etc that involve a lot of luck.