• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] I/ENTJ Men and Intimate Relationships

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, needlessly spinning my answer to make me seem like a piece of shit....

I see.
Are you discounting the value of personal entertainment? I wasn't.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, personal entertainment value. I see.

So, needlessly spinning my answer to make me seem like a piece of shit....

I see.
[MENTION=6724]DiscoBiscuit[/MENTION], [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] --

INTJ Anti-Thread-Monopolizing-by-Bickering Sarcasm Torpedo ARMED. FIRE!

Geez, get a room, already, you two.

Full Disclosure: Sorry, C@oriolis, but I'm too much of a n00b to *challenge* a mod directly yet, so I thought I'd go for the oblique approach...

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The post made it seem as if I valued nothing else.
That's what you read into it. It was actually quite neutral. I did assume that if you valued challenging women for more than the entertainment value they provide, you would have included these other factors in your answer. Unless, of course, you were joking or otherwise not giving a serious answer.

INTJ Anti-Thread-Monopolizing-by-Bickering Sarcasm Torpedo ARMED. FIRE!
It doesn't work on other INTJs. Sorry.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
That's what you read into it. It was actually quite neutral. I did assume that if you valued challenging women for more than the entertainment value they provide, you would have included these other factors in your answer. Unless, of course, you were joking or otherwise not giving a serious answer.

mjddiswank.gif

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It doesn't work on other INTJs. Sorry.
[MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] --

Pour encourager les autres.

;)

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Encourager les autres (quelques?) à faire . . . quoi?

Encourage. Any other lurkers on the thread. Not to give up hope; to realize that maybe they were not the only ones...distracted by the quasi-hijacking.
But you're the mod; you probably have the ability to monitor the names of all members who have viewed the thread
*over time* (not the "currently viewing" available to all members); and so adjudged my just-mentioned point
to be, in fact, a non-issue.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Encourage. Any other lurkers on the thread. Not to give up hope; to realize that maybe they were not the only ones...distracted by the quasi-hijacking.
But you're the mod; you probably have the ability to monitor the names of all members who have viewed the thread
*over time* (not the "currently viewing" available to all members); and so adjudged my just-mentioned point
to be, in fact, a non-issue.
I had hoped for a bit more explanation from DB regarding his preferences, which would have been entirely on-topic. Instead, I get to chat a bit in French, and see incomprehensible videos. I think it is time for bed.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I had hoped for a bit more explanation from DB regarding his preferences, which would have been entirely on-topic. Instead, I get to chat a bit in French, and see incomprehensible videos. I think it is time for bed.

It is lovely when you deign to come down from your ivory tower and speak with us peasants.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I like a woman who's a challenge.

While I'm sure that you value other things, what happens when you win? Because that is the point of a challenge. If you meet a challenging woman and you eventually win her, do you still want her to be a challenge? You're an 8 and I get it so I'm not trying to be a dick here. It's a serious question.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
While I'm sure that you value other things, what happens when you win? Because that is the point of a challenge. If you meet a challenging woman and you eventually win her, do you still want her to be a challenge? You're an 8 and I get it so I'm not trying to be a dick here. It's a serious question.

You don't ever win. By challenge I mean that she has other options because she's such a catch. I want to have to work for it. Obviously once settled into a life together I don't want to have to worry about other guys, but I do want someone who won't let me rest on my laurels. I want a woman who is a challenge to win over and who also challenges me to be the best me I can be. I want to challenge her in the same fashion.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You don't ever win. By challenge I mean that she has other options because she's such a catch. I want to have to work for it. Obviously once settled into a life together I don't want to have to worry about other guys, but I do want someone who won't let me rest on my laurels. I want a woman who is a challenge to win over and who also challenges me to be the best me I can be. I want to challenge her in the same fashion.

It is lovely when you deign to come down from your ivory tower and speak with us peasants.
It is especially lovely when the peasants actually have something to say.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This peasant has nothing to say to you.
That's rather hard to pull off when you are participating in a public thread.

(Seriously, I'm not sure why you are so determined to be misunderstood.)

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
So you can overcome the challenge, or better yourself through addressing it?

It looks like the second of Coriolis' offered possibilities to me. Why would there be anything wrong with that?

Not my cup of tea, but it seems a perfectly reasonable thing to want. Not that wants have to reasonable as long as both parties are on board. Knowing what you want helps a lot with making that happen.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

Doesn't the outside world pose enough challenges? (Just wondering)

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
That's rather hard to pull off when you are participating in a public thread.

(Seriously, I'm not sure why you are so determined to be misunderstood.)

I mean I'm perfectly happy to talk to others, but past experience tells me it is a waste of my time and energy to engage with you.

So I wont.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mean I'm perfectly happy to talk to others, but past experience tells me it is a waste of my time and energy to engage with you.

So I wont.
Why is it a waste of time? Because I don't end up agreeing with you too often? I engage with you not because we are going to agree, but because I want to understand your perspective better, partly because it is often so different from mine. Of course if your primary goal is winning arguments or converting the infidels rather than promoting understanding, it will indeed seem a waste of time.