• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Now the most emotionally stable type!

Which type is the most emotionally stable

• Total voters

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
What is the most stable type acording to you? (having the less high and down). Is this type dependent according to you?

And : I still didn't figure out how to put a poll into a thread... Can someone explain?

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
First off, are all ENFPs computer retarded?

On topic, ISFP.

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
I found out! Im no longer computer retarded!

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I'm going with INTP. I'd be pretty monk-like if I had my shit together.

So there's probably a period of confusion with the world before peace.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you define it as "less highs" up and down, I would probably say INTP is up there.
Even when they dip and flip around, they aren't often aware of it.
Otherwise, they're treating their emotions like objects to be understood, not feelings to be experienced. That's why the inferior explosions are so bad.

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
If you define it as "less highs" up and down, I would probably say INTP is up there.
Even when they dip and flip around, they aren't often aware of it.
Otherwise, they're treating their emotions like objects to be understood, not feelings to be experienced. That's why the inferior explosions are so bad.

that''s fi or fe?
That's pretty much how I work. Im very little experiencing high and downs. So it might not be type dependant.

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
Interesting topic coming from an ENFP. I agree they can be stable, but I think they displace at times. An example is once I tried to calmly discuss something about something that concerned me I was seeing, and wanted to "stop" it before it happened. Plus, on the opposite side, it made me realize with my absurd open mindedness that she needs to let me know if I will ever cross a line in return, as I hate either being misunderstood or offending someone. Another thing IMO to be made clear before I cross the Rubicon. I will admit I can take being misunderstood a tad personally being what I think and communicate sometimes don't match up, but usually it is about clarifying it so a person understands and doesn't get offended. My one counter to my arrogant INTJness that happens unintentionally.

Basically in the end was told I was taking things way to personally and she was sorry about that:shock::shock::shock: And here I was afraid I would offend her with my directness.

After that statement, anecdotal evidence says the opposite about the ENFP in question, and they do take things personally, but just hide it for whatever reason. Oh well, I say give them a week or two to recover on their own, and if they don't, yeah...

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
You have to have emotions to be emotionally stable. INTPs may seem emotionally stable because little summons their emotions, but what about when they are emotional? Is their ability to regulate their emotions really greater than a Feeling type?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have to say that the ISTJs I've seen are very calm.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Emotionally stable? That's boring.

:devil:

Nahhh, just kidding - trying to get a rise outta ya.

Hmm, on a more serious note - I wouldn't have the foggiest idea. I think each type could be stable but it depends on the psychological state of the person involved.

That sounds like such a half-ass answer but I really think that's the key...

What do you all think?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I hope this doesn't turn into another T vs. F thread.

Please define emotional stability. Are you talking about being comfortable with one's own emotions and/or being comfortable with the emotions of others? Are you talking about internal emotional stability? Are you talking about being emotionally disengaged with others hence giving the impression of being stable?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
True. But wait until you get one very angry!

But since we're already stereotyping, isn't the ISTJ the ultimate robot type?

I hope this doesn't turn into another T vs. F thread.

Please define emotional stability. Are you talking about being comfortable with one's own emotions and/or being comfortable with the emotions of others? Are you talking about internal emotional stability? Are you talking about being emotionally disengaged with others hence giving the impression of being stable?

I think it's going to be more S vs. N. It seems that N's will automatically be more calm than S's...since, of course, N's are better in every way. :rolli:

ENFPs are calm?!? :shock:

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
But since we're already stereotyping, isn't the ISTJ the ultimate robot type?

I agree.

The ISTJs I know are barely human, when it comes to emotions. They repress them with such a strength it's often disturbing to be too much in contact with them.