• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ne] What does Ne look like? Can you easily spot it in a crowd?

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
nonsense humor is super Ne. it's that tiniest connection between things that's so absurd besides that one little string of reason tying it together. the more ridiculous the better. Ne is about finding possible, out of the box, connections.

100% YES :newwink:

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think Mr. Show's stream-of-consciousness format and Cards Against Humanity might be good examples of Ne humor.

I literally JUST started watching House of Cards on Netflix and I'm only on Episode three, but so far I'm loving it! Like Scandal but without all the romance involved. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that Ne humor now that you mention it ;)

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ive been told one of the "tell" signs of an Ne (hell maybe NI)is thier inability to keep eye contact for too long. since they are always open take take in large amounts of information all at once. It makes sense too me.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ive been told one of the "tell" signs of an Ne (hell maybe NI)is thier inability to keep eye contact for too long. since they are always open take take in large amounts of information all at once. It makes sense too me.

Actually it's the subject of interest (for Ni), I have a hard time keeping my eye contact away from someone who I fancy (that's how I accidentally flirt). I have to force myself to look away.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
nonsense humor is super Ne. it's that tiniest connection between things that's so absurd besides that one little string of reason tying it together. the more ridiculous the better. Ne is about finding possible, out of the box, connections.

i don't even think there needs to be a connection. i can only speak for myself, so bear with me, but for me it's like society is a construct and it looks kinda fake or relative to me. but for other people it is "real", "reality". So when i see absurd things, nonsense things, it tickles my brain because i recognize how reality is actually relative AND simultaneously i think about how other people involved in the situation don't understand it, because they are *stuck* in reality.

i feel really embarrassed by what i just said, because i'm probably weird. but i'm giving you a picture of how my brain works. my weird brain. sorry for that. CUT!

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

I wasn't always aware that I do this, but I know when I do, it's because I'm thinking, even while in conversation. My mind is putting together the dots and looking away is the most effective way of doing this (I think) rather than spending part of your brain power concentrating on someone at the same time. I typically look away towards something that isn't moving like the wall or ceiling, too.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't even think there needs to be a connection. i can only speak for myself, so bear with me, but for me it's like society is a construct and it looks kinda fake or relative to me. but for other people it is "real", "reality". So when i see absurd things, nonsense things, it tickles my brain because i recognize how reality is actually relative AND simultaneously i think about how other people involved in the situation don't understand it, because they are *stuck* in reality.

i feel really embarrassed by what i just said, because i'm probably weird. but i'm giving you a picture of how my brain works. my weird brain. sorry for that. CUT!

:hug: oh you don't even know how happy that made me. I was actually just (like minutes ago) talking about how I love to kinda troll people who are too stuck in reality by making silly jokes right in front of them, kinda in a mockery way, but not really that direct. Just like lol this is so silly and you're so srs about it. I feel bad but it's more of a disconnection that I'm enjoying I think. Like floating about it all.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:hug: oh you don't even know how happy that made me. I was actually just (like minutes ago) talking about how I love to kinda troll people who are too stuck in reality by making silly jokes right in front of them, kinda in a mockery way, but not really that direct. Just like lol this is so silly and you're so srs about it. I feel bad but it's more of a disconnection that I'm enjoying I think. Like floating about it all.

wow i'm super happy i made you happy. ENFPs unite! :D

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I assume Ne is to blame when I'm at a funeral or watching a sad film and start laughing, not at the proceedings, but at something humorous which my brain somehow connected to the current events unfolding. This has happened to me a lot since I was a child. It often makes me look like a sadistic or insensitive ass.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I assume Ne is to blame when I'm at a funeral or watching a sad film and start laughing, not at the proceedings, but at something humorous which my brain somehow connected to the current events unfolding. This has happened to me a lot since I was a child. It often makes me look like a sadistic or insensitive ass.

[MENTION=19700]Starcrash[/MENTION], what type is your wife? I'm wondering what kind of types would be good for a Ne user like an INTP to date?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=19700]Starcrash[/MENTION], what type is your wife? I'm wondering what kind of types would be good for a Ne user like an INTP to date?

She has identified herself as an INFP. I can see characteristics and traits that could point to either INFP or ISFP. Usually our biggest problems arise out of a breakdown in communication due to very different styles of thinking and communicating.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
She has identified herself as an INFP. I can see characteristics and traits that could point to either INFP or ISFP. Usually our biggest problems arise out of a breakdown in communication due to very different styles of thinking and communicating.

That's what I thought....

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's what I thought....

She thinks in terms of how she feels about things and that's typically from where she processes info and makes decisions. It can be frustrating, at times. Her emoting often has a negative effect on me. She frequently seeks reaffirmation from me that I love her, which is also kind of frustrating and exhausting, because if I didn't than I wouldn't be wasting my time in this marriage. Otherwise, she's a good match and our senses of humor often "click"

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
She thinks in terms of how she feels about things and that's typically from where she processes info and makes decisions. It can be frustrating, at times. Her emoting often has a negative effect on me. She frequently seeks reaffirmation from me that I love her, which is also kind of frustrating and exhausting. Otherwise, she's a good match and our senses of humor often "click"

Yeah, I don't think it's a bad match, I just don't think it's for me. I think I have more of a daddy complex than a mother complex.