• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Who would win in a fight an INTP or an INFP?

sacklome

MBTI Type
INFP
Power of cold, relentless intelligence VS Power of stroppy moods, cuddles, and uhhh I dont know how are you feeling?

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd sucker punch an INTP if the opportunity came up. Not sure that counts as a fight. Or winning.

Gawain

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Whichever one is the better trained and more experienced fighter...

As an INFP who is into martial arts, who has quite a few INTP friends, this is as accurate an answer as I can give. I would beat any of them at rapier or longsword (I'm into HEMA, so sue me), but one of them would beat me at MMA, and another one would beat me in archery, kendo, or wrestling. If your question is actually about arguments, no one is likely to win any argument that we get into. If an INFP and an INTP get in an argument, chances are, both walk away (or get pulled away by friends) frustrated and angry.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is no winning when people fight.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Hmm, in a physical fight I would say INTP, but I can't imagine your stereotypical INTP or INFP being naturally aggressive enough to engage. They might trade insults instead. In that case the INFP would definitely have a leg up.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm, in a physical fight I would say INTP, but I can't imagine your stereotypical INTP or INFP being naturally aggressive enough to engage. They might trade insults instead. In that case the INFP would definitely have a leg up.

Insults only have power over people who care.

There's a good chance the INTP won't give a shit, and the INFP might get shaken because the INTP is laughing/shrugging off the insults.

In my opinion this is the only rational answer to the question.

Pretty much. Or, if both suck, the one with significant more body weight and more [Eye of the Tiger!] determination.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Insults only have power over people who care.

There's a good chance the INTP won't give a shit, and the INFP might get shaken because the INTP is laughing/shrugging off the insults.

Pretty much. People overestimate how much I care.

sacklome

MBTI Type
INFP
My brother is an INTP and thats usuallly how it goes when we have arguments lol. He'll be walking around not giving a shit about my feelings making jokes that are basically "Look how funny it is when he gets his feelings hurt" then I'll come with some really deep-cutting emotional insult that should work and my familys like "WOOOOAAH! WTF!" but he just laughs!

sacklome

MBTI Type
INFP
He also used to win in physical fights all the time so I've been going to the gym. I need to figure out how to hurt his feelings. It'd have to be something really really awful wouldnt it? That doesnt sound fun

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It depends on the "weapons" being used and either type's skill level with each "weapon"

Last edited:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
physically fighting isn't determined solely on type their's other factors, like how strong each opponent is. and you don't think an INFP can't throw down, based on info, you're wrong. you piss off an infp enough it will have no problem kicking the shit out of you, if it already has the physical capabilities and there's a lot of INFPs who study martial arts. but the same could be said for the INTP, it comes down to physical strength and NOT what type someone is. ti or fi isn't gonna determine the winner.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Why pit the two types against each other? Why not say which type is more resilient to insults?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wait, is this a state that lets you carry concealed?

Just asking.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
^^ if guns are allowed i want a tiny one that chirps like a cricket when you fire it and i want it to be silver.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have faith that I could go crazy and beat the shit out of someone if the situation called for it. :spindance:

sacklome

MBTI Type
INFP
A thought that goes through my head a lot is the idea of still fighting with bullet holes and cuts all in me. I like to imagine INFPs are good at that xD I dont know why :newwink:

sacklome

MBTI Type
INFP
physically fighting isn't determined solely on type their's other factors, like how strong each opponent is. and you don't think an INFP can't throw down, based on info, you're wrong. you piss off an infp enough it will have no problem kicking the shit out of you, if it already has the physical capabilities and there's a lot of INFPs who study martial arts. but the same could be said for the INTP, it comes down to physical strength and NOT what type someone is. ti or fi isn't gonna determine the winner.

What if their Ti and Fi were both manifested as people and then had to fight each other?