• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why do people Pretend to be INTJ's?

Dominicus Griswold

Through my travels, experiences and what not, I have seen many a man and woman putting off the Image of an INTJ. I do not know if it is because Intj’s are “cool” or “badass” or because society demands people to be colder nowadays…I was wondering whether or not I was the only who has pondered this.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There are people who actually choose to be INTJ's?

:D

I joke, I jest.

Dominicus Griswold

Thats really strange, during high-school, it was very obvious to me...guess I looked to deep. (and also, I have noticed it on the internet as well.)

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Actually, I see your point. Why the hell would anybody actually choose to be an INTJ?

You know, I really appreciate INTJ's, but I noticed, especially with one close friend of mine, that it seems like a personality that's a bit of a torture internally. At least, I know how much he struggles sometimes, having to be polite when he doesn't want to be, social niceties and all. He really needs for people to make sense as much as possible.

Dominicus Griswold

It confuses me as well..it seems to be most rampant amongst the otaku..I see it as a curse, more or less....but oddly enough I would not trade it for the world.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Through my travels, experiences and what not, I have seen many a man and woman putting off the Image of an INTJ. I do not know if it is because Intj’s are “cool” or “badass” or because society demands people to be colder nowadays…I was wondering whether or not I was the only who has pondered this.

I didnt understand that. Do you mean people that are not iNTj's behaving like one. Or people telling they are one, though they are not ?

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I didnt understand that. Do you mean people that are not iNTj's behaving like one. Or people telling they are one, though they are not ?

Who let you out of the cupboard we locked you in?! I'm going to tell Pink that you've escaped.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
i think DG means that people try to look isolated and 'badass' just to increase their social status. these people are not introverts at all, but extroverts looking for approval. people like the thrill i guess and so they're attracted to them. people earn for this attraction so they imitate them.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
i think DG means that people try to look isolated and 'badass' just to increase their social status. these people are not introverts at all, but extroverts looking for approval. people like the thrill i guess and so they're attracted to them. people earn for this attraction so they imitate them.

But people aren't attracted to INTJs.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
INTJ's aren't cool or badass, they're dweebs. Quite the opposite.

Maybe there are some nerd posers out there, people putting off then nerd image but without having the smarts and hobbies nerds typically have so they can fit into the subculture.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Strange, usually when I'm acting cold it's for a reason. One example would be trying to clear my head of emotive interference so I can do a direct judgment between the information I have and the situation at hand. I typically need to find a corner to cry in later after having to make those kinds of decisions though.

Usehername

On a mission
it seems like a personality that's a bit of a torture internally. At least, I know how much he struggles sometimes, having to be polite when he doesn't want to be, social niceties and all. He really needs for people to make sense as much as possible.

I've definitely burned a few bridges when I was too young/immature/exhausted to be patient and polite to social norms standards a time or two. It really sucks, esp. if you're also the sexual variant enneagram and constantly want to go deeper than most people, to the point where you make them uncomfortable.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There are people who actually choose to be INTJ's?

:D

I joke, I jest.

You joke, you jest but it's true :huh:

I'm happy who I am now but I don't see why people would want to be INTJ.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
It's not so much that people pretend to be like INTJs. It's just that people exuding a "don't talk to me" attitude is similar to the natural state of an INTJ when they are by themselves around people. I could say that people who are outgoing at a party are trying to be ESFPs but it would simply be making a big leap out of a little observation.

You know, I really appreciate INTJ's, but I noticed, especially with one close friend of mine, that it seems like a personality that's a bit of a torture internally. At least, I know how much he struggles sometimes, having to be polite when he doesn't want to be, social niceties and all. He really needs for people to make sense as much as possible.

It's a paradoxical type. I would say that your reason is one of many that it's a torture internally. :yes: