• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why do people Pretend to be INTJ's?

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
I pretend I'm not an INTJ.

It doesn't help much though.

Hmm...

I don't think many people pretend to be INTJs, they just pretend to be cold and bad ass.

Thats pretty much it....faux gangstas.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
These may sound like coldness and badassery, but really these are just the dressings and have little to do with the two traits.

They could just as easily apply to an übernerd or even someone like Holden Caufield.

people think Holden Caufield is a bad ass.

I don't think INTJs are bad ass, I'm trying to explain to you why people do.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ

Holden Caufield is not a badass. People who think he's a badass obviously did not understand the book at all.

I guess it makes sense from the descriptions, that by going solely by those, it would sound like they're pretty badass, but when one sees how these traits fit into an actual person rather than just an image (such as, badassery), they don't really look badass at all.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Poeple dont think iNTj are bad ass.

they just do not know what they are searching for

It is like with this nice neighbour, who lives alone and smiles on the kids in the morning xD

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
Poeple dont think iNTj are bad ass.

they just do not know what they are searching for

It is like with this nice neighbour, who lives alone and smiles on the kids in the morning xD

They are definitely aware of the options.....

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Nono, I mean not: intj's do not know what they are searching for

I mean people do not know what iNTj's are searching for

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
In my opinion, INTJ's appear stand-offish a lot (particularly younger ones) for the same reason that many counter cultures appear/act the way that they do. They have an inherent fear of whatever they can't prepare for, so they act preemptively by trying to ward off any threat. It's easier to appear intimidating than to try to win over everyone socially. See Enneagram Type 5. It's when they finally realize that eventhough it doesn't feel like it, they are more prepared than 95% of the population...so they begin to act on instinct without preparation and they begin to ascend to Type 8 traits and become more comfortable with themselves and their self expression.

Dominicus Griswold

Personaly, I see that most people think Intj's are badass...I went to a private school, that was packed with them (intj's), and people in the outside community thought all of us were cool. We gave short answers, we had dry humor, we made a lot of people look like fools...In a society where "Mtv kids" are all too common...people are starting to give Intj's a little credit.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
surely they thought you to be cool, cause they were afraid to the bones, I bet xD