• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTPs and Appearance

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I do kind of care about my appearance, but it only goes so far. I want to look decent but I don't go crazy or anything, and don't wear makeup unless for a special occasion. I'll wear a few pieces of jewelry here and there. I have poofy/wavyish hair and I have a lot of it so it takes a while to keep it kempt and decent looking. I've been putting more effort into it since I got a new job, but go easier on it when I get my days off/on weekends where I don't go out.

If I don't have to be anywhere, I'll take the minimalist approach. ^^; I take care of my appearance when going out or going to work, but I was never a fashionista or anything and don't particularly like clothes shopping. Nonwork days are just T shirt days.

MB is about cognitive functions, not fashion. I would steer clear of anything that sounds like it could be a stereotype.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
MB is about cognitive functions, not fashion. I would steer clear of anything that sounds like it could be a stereotype.

I am aware that experience varies from person to person. Someone else doesn't necessarily have to have my experience for it to be valid, but just adding my own two cents. and I know it isn't necessarily connected to a function.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I am aware that experience varies from person to person. Someone else doesn't necessarily have to have my experience for it to be valid, but just adding my own two cents. and I know it isn't necessarily connected to a function.

It probably would have been more prudent of me to have made this statement as a comment on its own without quoting you in particular, so I apologize.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It probably would have been more prudent of me to have made this statement as a comment on its own without quoting you in particular, so I apologize.

You are right that it is not functionally related and that it would be stereotypical to say that all INTPs don't care about how they look, or any type.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP

But mine extends as far as to an aspect most will probably consider Fi-related. I want to dress to how I believe I should look, and how I want to be perceived of. I intentionally try to fit my appearance to be as eclectic as I think that I am.

How old are you? When I was 17-19 I felt the same way, did the same thing. Around 22 I stopped giving a crap beyond blending in so people wouldn’t give me unwanted attention.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
When i was a kid i didn't give a crap.When i got older i actually started to like wearing good clothes xD.