• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Most easy-going types.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
The intj I know is anything but laid back or easy going.

Maybe it'd be good if people defined their laid back for clarification purposes.

IJ types are actually quite laid back if you don't catch them when they're busy or have pressing demands.

However, most usually are busy or have pressing demands. Are you sure you're not constantly interrupting this poor INTJ?

Shadowrose

MBTI Type
ENTP
I suspect this thread would do well with an actual definition of "Easy-going"..

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
IJ types are actually quite laid back if you don't catch them when they're busy or have pressing demands.

However, most usually are busy or have pressing demands. Are you sure you're not constantly interrupting this poor INTJ?

My ISFJ sister is not that easy-going.... Only socially but not when you get closer!

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
From personal Experience I would say ENFP. My sister is an ENFP, and her and I are totally laid back. Also a co-worker of mine is one as well, and we get along super with everyone. (Just saying it like it is D: ) Although my bro is an ESFP and I've never met anyone more mellow in my life.

alicia91

From personal experience I'd say it's a toss up between ISTP, ENFP, and ISFP. I've never seen an ISTP get really angry (and I certainly don't) nor the ENFPs but ISFPs seem to be a bit more sensitive and can get irrationally upset with people - but that's fairly rare.

This definition of the ISTP sounds a little intense.

Worst ISTP description ever!

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I have to say that for a thread where no one can seem to agree, there is a remarkably laid-back and easy-going vibe coming through. :)

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
yeah ENxP's are generally easy going BUT in actual fact i think we're notoriously unwilling to compromise when it comes to anything we feel matters.

I can easily let plans for the day go to pot if someone else has other ideas, but sometimes when it comes to one of those famous 'matters of principle' I can be as inflexible as the worst J.

I don't tend to like compromising much anyway. To me, compromise means nobody gets what they want. I'd rather SOMEONE got their way, even if it's not me. My version of compromise tends to be to either give in, or not give in. But there isn't much the other person can do to influence which way I decide.

I've noticed my ENFP brother can be much the same way.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't tend to like compromising much anyway. To me, compromise means nobody gets what they want. I'd rather SOMEONE got their way, even if it's not me. My version of compromise tends to be to either give in, or not give in. But there isn't much the other person can do to influence which way I decide.

Substitute, dude, stop going into my head and stealing my thoughts. I was saving those for a later date. ;)

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ha, yeah... well I was just thinking earlier that on the rare occasions that I am totally determined to have my way then pretty much nothing gets in my way, and the fact that I can usually point to an enormous back-list of times in just the recent past alone, when I've let another person completely have their way and just adapted to the situation, means it doesn't matter how much the other person stamps their foot or cries or what it means to them to have their way this time, I'm damn well having mine :laugh:

I think this way I've tended to pretty much have my way every time in my life that it's ever mattered to me. And the fact that usually I don't even have an agenda or preference has tended to be what's made me laid back and easy going, but that's often been mistaken for me being a pushover, so people have been shocked with how inflexible I can be when something actually does matter.

Sometimes though I give way, thinking things don't matter when in fact they do and I shouldn't, and it's only with hindsight that I see I was too easy going and maybe I should've had an agenda and stuck to it, but I didn't and because of that I've often found myself a bit trapped. But then it comes full circle again because once I realize I'm trapped it really MATTERS to get out, so I will and to hell with anything else.

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yeah well, basically ENPs are laid-back, more so than ESFP you think for example?

I feel like I spend my time compromising...

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
yeah ENxP's are generally easy going BUT in actual fact i think we're notoriously unwilling to compromise when it comes to anything we feel matters.

I can easily let plans for the day go to pot if someone else has other ideas, but sometimes when it comes to one of those famous 'matters of principle' I can be as inflexible as the worst J.

I've noticed my ENFP brother can be much the same way.

"compromise": what losers say to explain what happened.

O

Oberon

I am way flexible about most stuff, but there's a quid pro quo. I've told people before when they were getting pushy, "Everything's negotiable. We can do that your way if you like; but what are you willing to give me in return?"

Prevents doormat syndrome.

Hang

MBTI Type
INFJ
I see ISTP. Sooooooooooo easy going, not even funny, more like irritating.

Hang

MBTI Type
INFJ
I am way flexible about most stuff, but there's a quid pro quo. I've told people before when they were getting pushy, "Everything's negotiable. We can do that your way if you like; but what are you willing to give me in return?"

Ha! Sounds like an ENTP I know. Although she is loose and very P at times, she worries about the end of the world when civlization is out of exsistence. So I can't say that ENTP is completely "loosy goosy".

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Ha, yeah... well I was just thinking earlier that on the rare occasions that I am totally determined to have my way then pretty much nothing gets in my way, and the fact that I can usually point to an enormous back-list of times in just the recent past alone, when I've let another person completely have their way and just adapted to the situation, means it doesn't matter how much the other person stamps their foot or cries or what it means to them to have their way this time, I'm damn well having mine :laugh:

I think this way I've tended to pretty much have my way every time in my life that it's ever mattered to me. And the fact that usually I don't even have an agenda or preference has tended to be what's made me laid back and easy going, but that's often been mistaken for me being a pushover, so people have been shocked with how inflexible I can be when something actually does matter.

Yeah the reason I am easy going is because I usually don't care much about anything. Every so often something will strike a chord, and then I become so adamant that I surprise myself. ("Why am I so wound up about this? I'm never like this.") When something actually is important though I HATE compromise of any kind. It has to be this way or no way. I'd rather they get their way than compromise. At least someone gets what they want. :yes: If the other person won't give either, then the best solution I've found to this is to negotiate, "You get your way this time, and I'll get my way next time I want it." Sometimes I just really need to have things exactly my way, and the slightest compromise won't cut it. :steam:

nzAShadow

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1

Why yes, he usually has pressing demands, but I'm referring when we're working together for a common goal. Anything but laid-back.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
IxFx most easy going