• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Most easy-going types.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My experience is that ISFPs have been the most easy-going types by far. After that, ISTP. ENTP and INFJ have been fairly easy-going as well. The INFPs I've known, not at all, although I'm only mentioning that because they were mentioned here - I don't think it correlates very well to type at all (other than Js being anti-easygoing, on average obviously), so it's likely that others will have different experiences. Perhaps Is are more likely to be, too. I'm not sure why, but that's what I've seen...

ArtlessFuture

MBTI Type
INFP
I am going to go ahead and say INTP, INFP, or ISFP. Any type that avoids conflict like the plague is usually easygoing. I knew an ISTP who was anything but laid-back. Things always got under her skin and she was very uptight.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
ExxP, like The_Liquid_Laser said.

Actually, I'd say the ExTP is probably the most easy-going.

nzAShadow

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I have an ENTP friend that gets pissed if I don't answer my phone... which is all the time, and gets even more pissed if he thinks I answered because of my deceptive answering machine, and he'll precede with a five minute cursing session of total nonsense to rant. He gets over it instantly, I mean after he finishes the ranting. But, laid back as long as nothing is getting in his way, he'll walk around but he'll rant the entire time. Really one of the quickest tempers I've ever known, but never out of control at least. But... ENTP from my experience doesn't seem that laid-back, way too many pet peeves that come out of nowhere.

If I knew another INTP... I'd say INTP would be among the most laid-back, but I only have myself to go off of. I think I've seen people get pissed off/annoyed within a month of knowing them than I can even remember myself even giving a second thought about any of these things I see them annoyed about.

Too many grey areas in my perception, everything is trivial to me, need more information, so I don't bother wasting my thoughts on developing opinions unless it somehow instantaneously develops, in which case I'll try to figure out where that came from, and before I figure it out, time has passed, not even worth worrying about anymore. Dismissed, forgotten.

The ENFP I know, lazy, but... laidback? hell no, anything goes against what he wants he's capable of throwing a fit, and won't even be angry, he has fun doing it. Also will find any excuse not to do a chore that is out of his way, unless he feels like being nice or feels like he owes you.

The IxFP I know... has mood fluctuations ever since I've known her, and will be happy, than suddenly angry, more like withdrawn I'm not talking to anybody angry and stomp around the place, but yeah, I don't see laid-back in that behavior.

Of course, people are different, just my experience, not egg shelling anyone, just observations.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
you got the same knack for xXx like I do ? xD

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
hmmm... looks as though we have different definitions of 'easy going'. is 'easy going' and 'laid back' the same thing? not in my book. for that reason, i think someone can be both intense and easy going.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
all of the perceivers - all of those who's dominant function is a perceiving one
like IJs and EPs
after all, being a P means that the perceiving function is extroverted

biased? - yes
got milk ?

nzAShadow

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
all of the perceivers - all of those who's dominant function is a perceiving one
like IJs and EPs
after all, being a P means that the perceiving function is extroverted

biased? - yes
got milk ?

The intj I know is anything but laid back or easy going.

Maybe it'd be good if people defined their laid back for clarification purposes.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
perhaps IJs and EPs are the most open-minded

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
perhaps IJs and EPs are the most open-minded

sorry but i doubt that theory has much weight to it. IJ's the most open minded? you're telling me that an ISTJ or an ISFJ has a really open mind? no way.

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
By far the most easy-going people I know are ISxPs.

1. Living without undue worry or concern; calm.
2. Lax or negligent; careless.
3. Relaxed or informal in attitude or standards: an easygoing teacher who allowed extra time for assignments.
2. Not rigorous, demanding, or stressful: an easygoing life as a part-time consultant.
3. Leisurely; unhurried: an easygoing pace.

Intuition is correlated with openness, and those types have intuition as the dominant function.
I refuse to accept this.

Shadowrose

MBTI Type
ENTP
By far the most easy-going people I know are ISxPs.

1. Living without undue worry or concern; calm.
2. Lax or negligent; careless.
3. Relaxed or informal in attitude or standards: an easygoing teacher who allowed extra time for assignments.
2. Not rigorous, demanding, or stressful: an easygoing life as a part-time consultant.
3. Leisurely; unhurried: an easygoing pace.

I refuse to accept this.

I can't really agree with this.. my brother's an ISTP and when he gets his panties in a twist, he is -really- not easy-going. Certainly, between the two of us we're among the most easy going people in the universe, but I beat him for it. (If you need evidence, you could look at our childhood together. I attacked him subtly and pissed him off. A lot. The only reason I wasn't so easy going is because his best form of retaliation was to beat on me.)

So, in my personal experience, ENTPs (Sample of 1) are more easy going than ISTPs (Sample of 1).

Also, Intuition -is- related to Openness. Even in a statistically significant way. Except it doesn't have much bearing here.. 'Openness' is how open one is to new ideas. You make a sterling example of how S's aren't so much related to it with your phrasing. ^_^

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
I can't really agree with this.. my brother's an ISTP and when he gets his panties in a twist, he is -really- not easy-going.
When anyone gets twisted panties their movement loses its ease. But sure, angry ISTPs are definitely not easy-going, it just takes a lot to anger them. Or so I hear.

Also, Intuition -is- related to Openness. Even in a statistically significant way. Except it doesn't have much bearing here.. 'Openness' is how open one is to new ideas. You make a sterling example of how S's aren't so much related to it with your phrasing. ^_^
Gosh, you sure got me there. You N's are so darn perceptive.

VanillaCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
ENFPs are one of the most easy going types, from what I know. My dad's really laid back and he's an ENFP.

Shadowrose

MBTI Type
ENTP
Gosh, you sure got me there. You N's are so darn perceptive.

What's it got to do with being perceptive?

You said you refuse to accept that 'N' is correlated with Openness. I'm simply pointing out that it is. Or are you refusing to accept that ENPs have Ne as their primary function?

:huh:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's it got to do with being perceptive?

You said you refuse to accept that 'N' is correlated with Openness. I'm simply pointing out that it is. Or are you refusing to accept that ENPs have Ne as their primary function?

:huh:
LOL

Sensor FTW.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
ExxP, like The_Liquid_Laser said.

Actually, I'd say the ExTP is probably the most easy-going.
I've known some EXTREMELY competitive ESTPs. I wouldn't really call them easy-going.

I don't think type has much to do with it, though certain types might appear to be more easy-going than others.

silversun

MBTI Type
INTJ
ENFPs are one of the most easy going types, from what I know. My dad's really laid back and he's an ENFP.

With what I know of the subject, I agree. This is my neighbor's type and I've never seen her angry. Then again, she's on antidepressants..