• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs, what's on your mind?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1- Do I want to spend some more money and go a bit more in debt to my future self to get officialy certified in teaching English as a Second language? :huh: Where would I chose to go and work then? What new language and culture sounds the most fun?

2- I need a hobby other than pondering which hobby I want to take up :dry:

3- Is it true that parts of Siberia are still unmapped? How can I get there? I want to see somewhere that's unexplored!!!

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
1-
3- Is it true that parts of Siberia are still unmapped? How can I get there? I want to see somewhere that's unexplored!!!

Could be, but you will never know how to get there becasue it's unmapped.....

Srry couldn't resist... :D

L

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Well, I've just learned that a good friend of mine died in a remote african country, two weeks ago.

So I think to him. Sorry. :mellow:

He happened to be an ENTP too. His daredevilish way of life eventually took the better of him.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, I've been indulging in puerile and silly jokes with the social networking tools on here and enjoying bullying Jack Flak (mwuhahaha), and have in the process been inspired to think of all the things that could be done for, by and with a chicken cooperative due to misreading a word in one of the jokes...

Apart from that, just learning Bengali, teaching Latin to a homeschool group, taking up playing piano again after a many-year hiatus and going through the grade 7 material, pondering over some Hindi Upanishads, planning and executing a week of entirely Italian cuisine, trying to live without artificial light (on purpose), thinking and rethinking and re-rethinking going back into counselling more seriously by taking some qualifications, recycling old clothes into new ones for my kids by ripping them up and er, reincarnating them and... well, posting here quite a bit too.

Oh and possibly moving house - weighing up pros and cons.

edit - shit, just read your post Blackmail, I won't bore you with my story right now but suffice it to say I've been through something very, very similar and sympathize more than you can know...

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Well, from what I hear, dearest, the area where the Tunguska Event occurred is still a primal chaos of humidity, giant mosquitoes, and a very very long helicopter flight into nowhere! :D

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
edit - shit, just read your post Blackmail, I won't bore you with my story right now but suffice it to say I've been through something very, very similar and sympathize more than you can know...

French Mountaineering Tourist Dies

August 19th, 2008

Mountaineering is an awe-inspiring adventure activity, this is much more so for those who eventually get to scale the summit. Hiking safaris take you through different terrains and vegetation as you ascend the different altitudes of the mountain depending on its geographical location. In Uganda the Ministry of Trade, Tourism and Industry has gazzetted four mountains for mountain climbing. Mountain Rwenzori in the western region of the country is Africa’s third highest peak and offers great opportunities for tourists. The Rwenzori mountains see an average of over 1000 tourist anually. The other mountains are Mountain Moroto in the north eastern region, Mount Moroto in the east and Mount Muhavura in the south west of Uganda.

Early this month however, a French tourist, Debrisson de Lorach Daniel Patrick a 32 year old young man died while climbing the Rwenzoris. This was just 737 meters shy of the highest peak, Margherita at Kitandara hut.

According to the Public Relations officer of the Uganda Wildlife Authority, anyone wanting to trek any of these mountains needs to show a clean bill of health before they can be allowed to hike. Debrisson’s health report showed that he was in good shape and had no signs of complications. Bonabana Xevier, the guide said Debrisson started complaining of illness at Bujuku camp near Elena hut. He was then advised to discontinue his ascent however, he insisted saying he would get better. However, when his condition deteriorated Debrisson with his porter and the guide had to begin the descent to Kitandara from where things got worse and the Uganda Wildlife Authority rescue team was called in to offer first aid and bring him down the mountains however, he died before they could bring him to hospital. His body was later retrieved from the jungles of the mountains by a team over 80 members of the Rwenzori Mountaineering Services which runs business in the central Rwenzori.
The cause of his death has not yet been ascertained. Police said that the documents found on him showed that he was a French citizen working in China. The public relations officer of the Uganda Wildlife Authority notified the French Embassy who immediately dispatched officials to Kilembe mines hospital in Kasese district where the body of Debrisson was transferred to.

What happened is regrettable, since mountains offer a lot by way of development to the local communities within the region and to the government of Uganda as well.

---

Doctors who made the autopsy said it was a pulmonary embolism.

---

Fare well, my friend... :violin:

O

Oberon

I am thinking about:

• Reloading .45 ACP ammunition on a single-stage press... bought primers yesterday.
  • Finishing page layout on ten pages of puzzles to go with curriculum I need to burn to a CD this evening and mail off.
  • Rogue's toes (stop it, Obes, they're off limits).
  • My wife.
  • Finishing the page layout on the other 40 puzzles and lessons by the end of September, also to be burned to CD and mailed off.
  • Mailing two items I sold on eBay.
  • Where's toonia been? (watch it, buddy...)
  • Getting the promotion I'm interviewing for at 1:30 this afternoon (not likely, as much time as I spend on here! :D).
  • Little Linguist's bewbs (they're off limits too, knucklehead! cut it out!)
  • My wife (nude).
  • A story I need to write for someone on here, because I promised and I haven't forgotten, but it's tricky.
  • What motorcycle I'd like to buy (looking at some weird stuff, like the Venox 250).
  • Will I be ready to give the kids the next quiz on Foxe's Book of Martyrs tomorrow evening? (guess we'll wait and see...)
  • Work.
  • What am I going to have for lunch today? Hmmm...
  • What I need to do to get my screenplay Iona out in someone's hands to read and maybe film.

Probably not the comprehensive list, but it's enough to go on with.

O

Oberon

...all the things that could be done for, by and with a chicken cooperative due to misreading a word in one of the jokes...

Q: Why must a chicken coop have two doors?

A: Because if it had four doors, it would be a chicken sedan.

:hi:

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
One of the things that has been on my mind lately is improving my skills in Smash Bros. I am one of the best players out of my college friends but.. I am one of the worst out of my high school friends.

I need a good balance. I don't think playing with people worse than me helps at all BUT losing every game doesn't help either. I may have to become anti-social and fight level 9 computers..

Another project of mine has been to figure out if there is any way I can predict the next numbers in the Lotto.. believe it or not, even though it is random- I may be on to something...

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One of the things that has been on my mind lately is improving my skills in Smash Bros. I am one of the best players out of my college friends but.. I am one of the worst out of my high school friends.

I need a good balance. I don't think playing with people worse than me helps at all BUT losing every game doesn't help either. I may have to become anti-social and fight level 9 computers..

Another project of mine has been to figure out if there is any way I can predict the next numbers in the Lotto.. believe it or not, even though it is random- I may be on to something...

i would progress from:
1. playing againt level 9 computers free for all....
2. you vs 2 level 9 computers (have them on the same team)
3. you vs 3 level 9 computers (teams)

if the jumps between 1 2 3 are too big, then start with say for instance,
you vs (lvl 9 + lvl3) and raise the second guy until you can beat two teamed up level level 9s

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
If a state allows both gay marriage and polygamy, what do you call your wife's wife?

Your wife in law?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1- Do I want to spend some more money and go a bit more in debt to my future self to get officialy certified in teaching English as a Second language? :huh: Where would I chose to go and work then? What new language and culture sounds the most fun?

2- I need a hobby other than pondering which hobby I want to take up :dry:

I stumbled across this post while browsing - OH MAN don't go in debt to teach ESL!!! Plenty of places want teachers to teach English in other countries and do not even require it!!! :))) If you want more info, just ask because I am also an ESL teacher in Germany.

O

Oberon

I thought that was when inbred rednecks married their sisters...
I guess you learn a new fascinating thing about American culture every day.

...but unless I misremember, "sister-son" is a construction handed down from the Norse.

Those wacky Normans...!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Normans are French. Normandy? Oh you mean Sub is wacky. Of course he is!

O

Oberon

Normans are French.

Normans are French NOW, sure. But there was a time when they spoke their French with a Svedish accent. :D

But of course, my whole point was to point the comment back at the sub, so you're correct in that sense.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Normans are French NOW, sure. But there was a time when they spoke their French with a Svedish accent. :D

But of course, my whole point was to point the comment back at the sub, so you're correct in that sense.

The Norse were terrorizing Byzantium around 1000, and were destroyed by Greek fire. I suppose that the Gauls were also victims, earlier no?

Boo to you, sir.