• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs, what's on your mind?

Terian

MBTI Type
NeTi
It's fairly well-known that ENTPs enjoy intellectual toys to the point of obsession. So, what have you been playing with lately?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am intrested in the weather at the moment:

Gewitterwolke%202006-06-26_03.jpg

Pretty easy to understand, if you already studied thermodynamics :D

MBTI Type
ENTP
entanglement in quantum physics... consciousness as epiphenomenon... the art of translation (I've been actively translating poems by Tagore into English)... the life and philosophy of Krishnamurti... the finer points of Tetris strategy...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Quantum Entanglement surely is cool. Out of that intrest I bought the book about quantum dynamics :).

What is life and philosophy of Krishnamurti ? You definitly have to one day make a thread, where you tell more about this philosophies !

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Recently, I am planning to blow up the sun to stop global warming. but so far, no luck. :cheese:

MBTI Type
ENTP
Quantum Entanglement surely is cool. Out of that intrest I bought the book about quantum dynamics :).

What is life and philosophy of Krishnamurti ? You definitly have to one day make a thread, where you tell more about this philosophies !

Sure will, man... he's an interesting guy... one of those philosophers-saints who seems easy to understand but is actually much harder to appreciate than most will give him credit for... though I'm not yet sure that he was enlightened... that's a tough call... I mean, how am I supposed to know that about anyone?!?!

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've also been playing with myself lately.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
I am intrested in the weather at the moment:

Gewitterwolke%202006-06-26_03.jpg

Pretty easy to understand, if you already studied thermodynamics :D

and partial differential equations, and and fluid dynamics.

Terian

MBTI Type
NeTi
What have you been playing with lately?

The biggest thing that I've been playing with is the inclusion of reducibility in religion, and where an irreducible God fits within an inherently reducible universe.

And as sort of a novelty, I've been pondering teleportation trough the manipulation of quantum-probabilities.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The biggest thing that I've been playing with is the inclusion of reducibility in religion, and where an irreducible God fits within an inherently reducible universe.

And as sort of a novelty, I've been pondering teleportation trough the manipulation of quantum-probabilities.

I don't think it'll work out. We can teleport photons, but an entire human body? The cellular sequencing involved is simply too massive. Too much data and memory required to put every molecule back as found. With each teleportation, one would become less and less like one's original self.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
I don't think it'll work out. We can teleport photons, but an entire human body? The cellular sequencing involved is simply too massive. Too much data and memory required to put every molecule back as found. With each teleportation, one would become less and less like one's original self.

Seems like a decent way to do things like remove tumors, and replace dying organs, no?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seems like a decent way to do things like remove tumors, and replace dying organs, no?

What? After accidentally teleporting your ear on your backside? Sure, why not! :D

No seriously, that IS a bandied-about "realistic" application. Removal of suppurated flesh/organs/tumors sounds applicable.

Terian

MBTI Type
NeTi
I could go into this with a bit more depth, but I won't. I will say, however, that your assumption that matter must first be rearranged and then reverted back into the original design is flawed under the method that I am considering. Under quantum theory, nothing is 100% set in stone. To say that you are reading this text would only be a very high probability, but there is a slight probability that you are somewhere else in the universe entirely (this slight probability is so slight that it might as well be insignificant). Now, if you were to examine a graph of all the quantum probabilities, you'd see a lot of minor spikes (or white noise), and a lot of major spikes (high probabilities of one's location in space, etc.). Teleportation could be achieved (at least in theory) by moving one highly-spiked area to a point of white noise, thereby changing the high probability of you being in your home to, say, being at the supermarket.

Of course, this is a very rudimentary explanation, and is far-fetched at the very least.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I could go into this with a bit more depth, but I won't. I will say, however, that your assumption that matter must first be rearranged and then reverted back into the original design is flawed under the method that I am considering. Under quantum theory, nothing is 100% set in stone. To say that you are reading this text would only be a very high probability, but there is a slight probability that you are somewhere else in the universe entirely (this slight probability is so slight that it might as well be insignificant). Now, if you were to examine a graph of all the quantum probabilities, you'd see a lot of minor spikes (or white noise), and a lot of major spikes (high probabilities of one's location in space, etc.). Teleportation could be achieved (at least in theory) by moving one highly-spiked area to a point of white noise, thereby changing the high probability of you being in your home to, say, being at the supermarket.

An interesting explanation. I'll have to read further on the subject (Scientific American and Science only go but so far...). Physical incomprehensibility of the theory unfortunately remains. Theoretically, there is no fixed point in space to describe space. And yet a fixed point must be chosen to describe anything worthwhile, like the distance from one ridiculously far-flung black hole to some point of light lost in the deep field for purposes of measuring the radiation from some dying super nova that no longer emits eye-detectable wavelengths.

Teleport me to the supermarket right now. :D My brakes don't work.

Of course, this is a very rudimentary explanation, and is far-fetched at the very least.

That sums up the Ne-primary playground.:D

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
What? After accidentally teleporting your ear on your backside? Sure, why not! :D

No seriously, that IS a bandied-about "realistic" application. Removal of suppurated flesh/organs/tumors sounds applicable.

So whaddaya suggest?
We make a gun we can just shoot the little fuckers with!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So whaddaya suggest?
We make a gun we can just shoot the little fuckers with!

Wooohooo! F***ing gun for f***ing shooting f***in' f***er tumors! F***in' make it so!

T

ThatGirl

I love the Incredible Night Crawler.

Sometimes in the middle of an argument I will just go all silent. Then when the person I am talking to asks why I have that look on my face I tell them, "I was just imagining the look you would have on your face if I could teleport behind you and take you out at the knees. I would have to teleport back pretty quickly though, you know, in order to witness it."

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Em, quite afew things actually....

PowerPoint graphic design
Visual Literacy
Oil painting

And bizarly enough MBTI profile of thje GB population.... :)

Lis