• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Why INTJs are Boring and INTPs Interesting?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Great thread.

If you're into the same subjects as an INTJ, they are definitely nice to have around. I wouldn't really call them boring, but I see how through some lenses they can be viewed like that.

The area where some INTJs seem to fail is: recreation.

Hardly. All you have to do is drag them along and ignore their protests. Once you get into it and go nuts, they gladly join in after a couple of sarcastic remarks to save face :devil:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Hardly. All you have to do is drag them along and ignore their protests. Once you get into it and go nuts, they gladly join in after a couple of sarcastic remarks to save face :devil:

Well, ENFPs can be good at encouraging...

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I can find INTJs more socially awkward (if that is possible!) than INTPs.. as a result, they can be seen as withdrawn or concentrate on what they are comfortable with ie their current hobby / favourite sci-fi etc.

It's also worth remembering that they face the world with Te which is bound to be less "fun" to behold than Ne. It doesnt mean there isn't a world of fun inside their heads but they dont externalise this world of possibilities like a perceptive intuitive does such as an INTP.

As a result, I find I identify more with INTPs.. and even find them more interesting - it's that Ne interface... but I have a couple of INTJs who have ended up by far the more sustained and firm friends. Once one breaks through the Te coldness, they are genuinely enthusiastic about the things that interest them.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, ENFPs can be good at encouraging...

*evil grin* Well you see, if you give them only two options

a) join in the fun
b) Stand here and have my Ne pouring over you till you cave

...they tend to be too efficient to try option b) as they can clearly see that they're gonna end up with a) anyways :devil:

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
c) they cut you down to size with withering scorn and disdainful glance.

I've had them do that to me, when my Ne is out there.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
c) they cut you down to size with withering scorn and disdainful glance.

I've had them do that to me, when my Ne is out there.

Ok, granted, I do not do this with females. Males only.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I know that I'm totally boring to other people...and it's mainly because I (like Misty_Mountain_Rose said) either forget what I like during social engagements or I don't think others will be interested in what I like (like the OP said). It's been a full semester and the people that I've been around most don't know anything about my interests, while I know a lot about theirs. I don't like to externalize what I think is really interesting, so unless I drop hints, people tend to assume that I'm a philistine.

But I'm not sure if I'm INTP or INTJ (or something else), so...

Edit: Damn double-post...

charliefoxtrot

MBTI Type
INTP
Extraverted intuition.
That's the main difference when it comes to being interesting on a superficial level. We can go with the flow, and have a more facile ability to make spur-of-the-moment connections instead of having to think every intersecting point to death.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
intj rock! intps are wannabe entps : P

U'll never catch me, I just run away too fast

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love intj's. They're perfect straight men. :)
That is true. However, I like to play clueless/straight man and sometimes the INTJ assumes I'm an idiot like everyone else. The softball comes sailing in to for them to hit and instead I get a lecture! :huh: