• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What type digs romantic comedies.........

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
Who are these people......I'm beginning to think (ha) that I walk amongst aliens...or vise-versa.;) : Paying $9.00 to be hypnotized by Matthew McConaughey's teeth. I have read you can see them from space...........

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj

By S-F...I assume that means "suburban failure".:devil: Its sad that people pay to watch this drivel in hopes of "feeling" something. My feet hitting the pavement is all the reminder I need........

LucrativeSid

I like them if they are actually good. I have nothing against the genre itself. My girlfriend is the same way. She's Te dominant. Comedies and romantic comedies are often cheap and predictable, so most of them suck ass.

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
I like them if they are actually good. I have nothing against the genre itself. My girlfriend is the same way. She's Te dominant. Comedies and romantic comedies are often cheap and predictable, so most of them suck ass.

I'm down with good comedy......the hardest genre to produce. Seeing Mcconaughey on a beach and a random coconut falls on his head just doesnt register. An anvil...well, thats another story. Woody Allen had his "RC" moments...but there was an undertow of discourse.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I have a guilty pleasure for teen-romantic dramas. So long as they're well acted.

Romantic comedies.... If you don't like Ernst Lubitsch, there's something wrong with you. Same goes for Groundhog Day, A Matter of Life and Death, It Happened One Night etc. Good ones are out there, you just need to filter out the crap.

Even a half decent one is better than 97% of action movies, in my opinion.

The Shop Around the Corner (1940)
Heaven Can Wait (1943)
Groundhog Day (1993)
It Happened One Night (1934)
A Matter of Life and Death (1946)

Criticker - Ernst Lubitsch

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I usually enjoy British ones. Hollywood ones, eh, not so much.

miked277

MBTI Type
INTP
honestly most genres have potential. most movies these days really are either the 100th incarnation of the type of movie and so have worn somewhat thin for the older among us or they are just plain poorly/sloppliy made.

having said that, i have enjoyed the occasional romantic comedy or two.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
If there's more comedy than romance, and it's not so bad acted... In fact, it's like any other genre.
I have to say that I enjoyed very much Bridget Jones and Love Actually.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I like several of them.

MBTI Type
ENTP

Yes, fellow ENTP... it's true... why shut ourselves off to an entire genre?

Hmmmmm.... I've not watched many Brit rom-coms... any suggestions?

I'm surprised you haven't found any Hollywood ones to your liking... there are so many good ones... my favorite American rom-com has to be "You've Got Mail"...

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, here's my subjective (gimme a break, I'm an ENFP) viewpoint:

If romantic comedies are lame, ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!

IF they are actually funny - and there are very few of them - YAY!!!

Here's my opinion: Comedies of any sort - particularly romantic comedies - either really, really, really ROCK or they really, really, really BLOW. There's really nothing in between. :yes:

MBTI Type
ENTP

like Hugh Grant/Colin Firth-style? I really liked Colin Firth in this 1989 movie I saw called Apartment Zero but I think all the romantic comedies I've seen him in were terrible. Hugh Grant just sucks.

Let's see.....I liked Princess Bride and Groundhog Day when I saw them as a kid, of course. As Good as it Gets, Annie Hall and When Harry Met Sally were good. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Human Nature and Before Sunrise are great. Sleepless in Seattle has the great "where's the cat?" line of dialogue.

But I can't stand most of the romantic comedies that are generally considered to be the best. Bridget Jones, Shakespeare in Love (HORRIBLE), Serendipity, Moulin Rouge, Notting Hill, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Legally Blonde, Pretty Woman, etc. = yuck

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i like several romantic comedies.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind . . . .

Moulin Rouge
I never considered these romantic comedies... the former certainly isn't a comedy in the least... it's more a drama/love story/experimental and the latter's an outright musical...

"As Good As It Gets" was great....