• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why would an INTJ ignore you?

ImNoBozo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Met an INTJ and we clicked really fast. Intense connection, which he conveyed to me once in a message. We're both sx/so, which is why I suspect it was intense. He came on really strong, which I reciprocated back. Then, he cools off. I don't like that he goes from talking to me nonstop, to not talking to me anymore... at all. He conveyed to me he wants to date (we don't live in the same state).

I haven't heard from him in a while. I asked him not long ago that I noticed him starting to distance away, I asked him flat out if he's no longer interested in me anymore, just be direct and tell me now, I'll be fine. He told me he's just been really busy and stressed out. I am now panicking that I did something wrong and he's not being direct with me.

I actually gave him 3 opportunities to break it off with me and tell me if he's not interested anymore, or if he's seeing someone else and he doesn't feel right talking to me, to just let me know and let me go right now. I told him I don't play games, I'm direct and expect the same in return. He assured me each time it's not the case, he said he has no ill feelings toward me and it's not that he's not interested anymore.

I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that someone can go from talking to you all the time, to not talking to you at all - how on earth could you still be interested in someone?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe he just needs some space. No offense, but you may have been smothering him without realizing it.

hecait

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
^^ I agree. As much as it's driving you crazy, if he is starting to pull away- resist the urge to lean forward.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hum... was this thread swallowed by the abyss, or did I dream a few pages?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hum... was this thread swallowed by the abyss, or did I dream a few pages?

It's a hard thing to say. What's more likely, more than one INTJ ignoring an ENFP thread, or an INTJ/ENFP thread imploding with OT posts?

(I don't mean to be insensitive, OP, but it appears that this type of interaction is par for the course, take it for what you will.)

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Many possible reasons. Stress, Space, Time, Thought, Disinterest, Anger, Fear, Schedule, Change, Work, Boss, Family. I think I do the ignoring thing a lot unwillingly but not because of the individual, but more because of certain other things affecting my stress levels. Often need some time and space.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah... anyway, on topic, I release all social ties on a fairly regular basis (not that I'm an INTJ prototype, or an INTJ). I somehow know more people than my extraversion allows me to connect with, and sometimes let attempts at contact build up until I do a big, batch response to everyone, apologizing for my hermitry. My advice, though: pretend he doesn't care and free yourself to entertain other potential interests.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Either he's a coward or he's telling you the truth...

Some people can go weeks or more without interaction, and still hold another person in the same regard as when they last spoke. It's not that uncommon.

It can feel like torture though, for sure.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
It might not be that complicated, you might just be boring.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Met an INTJ and we clicked really fast. Intense connection, which he conveyed to me once in a message. We're both sx/so, which is why I suspect it was intense. He came on really strong, which I reciprocated back. Then, he cools off. I don't like that he goes from talking to me nonstop, to not talking to me anymore... at all. He conveyed to me he wants to date (we don't live in the same state).

I haven't heard from him in a while. I asked him not long ago that I noticed him starting to distance away, I asked him flat out if he's no longer interested in me anymore, just be direct and tell me now, I'll be fine. He told me he's just been really busy and stressed out. I am now panicking that I did something wrong and he's not being direct with me.

I actually gave him 3 opportunities to break it off with me and tell me if he's not interested anymore, or if he's seeing someone else and he doesn't feel right talking to me, to just let me know and let me go right now. I told him I don't play games, I'm direct and expect the same in return. He assured me each time it's not the case, he said he has no ill feelings toward me and it's not that he's not interested anymore.

I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that someone can go from talking to you all the time, to not talking to you at all - how on earth could you still be interested in someone?

Did you exchange pictures and then he started distancing himself?

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
INTJs are kind of like cats. One second you're scratching their tummies, and the next second they're swatting at you to go away.

Praefator

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Coming from a stereotypical INTJ, who just happens to be on a similar situation, albeit on the other end of the situation.

It happened to me that I (to my knowledge; I'm rather oblivious to social conventions and subtle signs the female sex throws at me, except for the entirely too obvious hair twirl/throw), flirted extensively with a co-worker.

Unfortunately for her, I could not for the life of me keep any meaningful conversation going, nor would I find much in the way of a conversation starter. As it now turns out, we have too little in common for it to have any long-term feasibility whatsoever.

Based on a cursory examination of the OP, it just may be one of two things. Either he's lost interest entirely, or is considering his options. I think looking into the LII (INTJ-Ti) socionomics type will allow you to understand him better.

Let me know if that helps :)

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Based on a cursory examination of the OP, it just may be one of two things. Either he's lost interest entirely, or is considering his options. I think looking into the LII (INTJ-Ti) socionomics type will allow you to understand him better.

ILI* (INTp, Ni-Te) corresponds with INTJ.

LII (INTj, Ti-Ne) corresponds with INTP.

Rampant

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He is either actually busy and stressed or he has moved on, and it dissolved.

Praefator

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
ILI* (INTp, Ni-Te) corresponds with INTJ.

LII (INTj, Ti-Ne) corresponds with INTP.

I stand corrected. At the time of posting, I had taken a quick test to see what my result would be like, only to discover this morning that the post in the middle of the night wasn't entirely accurate.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Met an INTJ...

I don't know if INTJ are some constant lovers, it seems they generally are.

He probably needs his own space... as many NT do.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
I stand corrected. At the time of posting, I had taken a quick test to see what my result would be like, only to discover this morning that the post in the middle of the night wasn't entirely accurate.

I felt obligated. MBTI vs. Socionics is rough at best, anyway.