• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, how you test people's ideas?

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Thanks for that, celesul. When I see people conversing and citing sources for their ideas, as an INFP, I immediately think that I won't be able to offer anything with credibility to the conversation because facts are expected.

My problem? A disorganized filing system somewhere in my brain. The stuff is there. Now where did I put it?

So my reaction is to speak from experience of encounters with others, to speak from my feelings and my thoughts. These are valid to me and can be useful to others also.

And because I have little motivation to try to force others to change their ideas or behavior it all comes out to a rationalizer as inconsequential.

I suppose, as an INFP, my motivation leans more toward support and encouragement in what others choose for themselves.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
as an ENFP with a developed T side, i know where both parties are coming from. chatoyer seems like to be your standard F, misunderstanding some of the T characteristics. T's tackles the task, not the person. they believe that logic is what needs to shine through. it's nothing personal at all. i laughed a bit when chatoyer talked about compliments. ENFP's love compliments, we fish for them sometimes. it's just this need of ours to stay true to ourselves that stop us from being complete attention whores.

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'd tell them to put a working model of said idea, and have them see if it works.