• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] How did you become a "J" (INTJ)

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
I have read that the "j" in the INTJ is formed/stems from "obscure reasons".

As a child, my father had me boxing for 3 years and then raced motocross for 2. Two very independent and ruthless activities....basically had to rely on my fists and balls. This is where I learned to trust my instincts and gained the confidence to implement them.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
INTx for most of my life.

Post-grad, my J digit became necessary as to facilitate interest in applying/working in a non-academic environment.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Well, it seemed I had three choices growing up:

Subject myself to the will of the group and get nothing done

Assert myself as leader of the group and order them to do stuff, but because they can't follow goddamned orders, get nothing done

Separate myself from the group and get everything done alone

I evidently chose the last.

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
Why would the J in an INTJ be formed any differently than other Js? I'm curious as to the reasoning behind the idea.

Nothing weird happened to me. . . apart from Uncle Melvin.

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
Why would the J in an INTJ be formed any differently than other Js? I'm curious as to the reasoning behind the idea.

If I remember correctly, it had to do with juxtaposing being an introvert with the ability to lead. I admit it is a rather obscure combination. INTJs tend to have confidence though choose to be alone....something along those lines.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Thinking that J-ness formed some day in your evolution as a personality makes sense.

But that includes that all of your 4 functions adapted that way. I just cant relate J-ness only to an obscure event that needs you to be tough and school your senses. The change from p to J would include a change in thought also. I badly suck at Te, any strategy games bore the hell out of me.

And furthermore it would need a change from Fe to Fi , that means to loose your good manners in society and become a hopeless romantic for the better part of a definition.

My conclusion would be, I do not think that one event of one certain kind can blend in your J-ness. I think p-ness or J-ness is formed through a chain of events of different kinds.

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
Thinking that J-ness formed some day in your evolution as a personality makes sense.

But that includes that all of your 4 functions adapted that way. I just cant relate J-ness only to an obscure event that needs you to be tough and school your senses. The change from p to J would include a change in thought also. I badly suck at Te, any strategy games bore the hell out of me.

And furthermore it would need a change from Fe to Fi , that means to loose your good manners in society and become a hopeless romantic for the better part of a definition.

My conclusion would be, I do not think that one event of one certain kind can blend in your J-ness. I think p-ness or J-ness is formed through a chain of events of different kinds.
I tend to agree all elements are in play. I think the "J" may evolve from a series/years of events. The confidence may stem from reducing the successful parts of past experiences and utilizing them in future scenarios. "What works, works"..... You can never rule out good, old-fashioned IQ...there is no substitute for raw genetic processing.:yes:

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Much to my chagrin, it's become evident that I'm going to have to deal with this "world" thing until:

A.) I'm able to set enough money aside to become a recluse, or
B.) I die.

"Extraverted thinking" is the function that stepped up to bat.

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
Welcome to the show..........no way out and nowhere to go.