• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] 24 INTP Subtypes

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP - "manifesto" – With a strong sense of values and identity, this hermit-like mode leads to a greater truth by quiet example.

:wink:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't like the one OP posted. I think tri-type describe the subtypes for INTP's

Personality Types: Enneagram Tritype Descriptions: Type Five - Enneagram and Myers Briggs

I got 5w4-7w6-1w2.

Then get the hell off my thread!

- - - Updated - - -

TNPI - "saboteur" (“survival of the fittest”) – The second of the pure rationals, the "saboteur" tends to find a favored heuristic with which to destroy any system. This mode prefers to destroy in service of a stronger whole, which it ironically knows will never be perfect or complete.

Cygnus

Except that's not how Cognitive Functions work at all.

Your Ti has languished.

KitchenFly

I think the 24 subtypes system is quite clever, I found via the link, the 24 subtypes for the INFP and discovered that I identified with two of them and recognised that in some comfortable situations I could easily express two or three more of the 24 with some natural ease.

I am not shore how to place the content of the theory in unison with what takes place with my overall understandings of the MBTI and the enneagram but there is merit in the model it seems clear that mind dose focus in such ways and I'm surprised I did not twig to it before I read this topic post.

It is something I will place on the back burner and think more about.

The 24 subtypes presented seemed to me to have a posable link with an expression of instinctual temperament. Instinctual temperament though the eight functions of: I E S N T F P J .

It makes sense so I kinda like it. Thanks Mal12345

Cygnus

If carbon has four hooks why can't we have four instinctual work modalities?
If humans have eight master genes why can't we have eight base platforms to move between for our work?

All of these "subtypes" are mere permutations of the four letters "INTP," as if to imply that the four trait dichotomies (E/I, S/N, F/T, P/J) are on an equal plane*, are traits instead of trait dichotomies, and that the order in which the letters appear determines the strength of a trait's expression.

That's not how it works. NP == Ne, TP == Ti, I == Introverted function is dominant, therefore this type is Ti-Ne.
You could say that there are other possible variations of the Ti-Ne type other than the standard Ti-Ne-Si-Fe version of MBTI, but nowhere is that mentioned in MBTI theory. In MBTI theory, every type has only one specific order of functions and some orders of functions (for instance, Se-Se-Se-Se, or Ti-Ni-Fi-Fe) are simply not possible.

*That is to say, the preferences of S/N and F/T are on a more or less equal plane because they denote some specific preference of a function, while J/P determines which functions are used as corresponding to S/N and F/T, and E/I only determines the order in which the given set of functions appear. In order of significance from greatest to least are J/P, S/N, F/T, and E/I, as an Introverted type and its Extroverted equivalent use all the same functions, while a Judging type and an otherwise "equivalent" Perceptive type use all opposite functions.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't like the one OP posted. I think tri-type describe the subtypes for INTP's

Personality Types: Enneagram Tritype Descriptions: Type Five - Enneagram and Myers Briggs

I got 5w4-7w6-1w2.

Assuming the INTP is a 5 which they may not at all have to be. I mean, if one wants diversity, then yes, pairing MBTI with the enneagram is more than sufficient because even if operating with the same core, there are wings and instinctual variants outside of tritype, that can distinguish people of sharing the same subset characteristics but still being inherently different.

Cygnus

If carbon has four hooks why can't we have four instinctual work modalities?
If humans have eight master genes why can't we have eight base platforms to move between for our work?

If carbon has a valance of four why can't we have four instinctual-elemental work-modalities?
If humans have eight master genes why can't we have eight base platforms to move between for our work? Cognitive functions.

We breath oxygen and oxygen has a valance of two and an oxygen atom has eight protons and eight electrons.
Oxygen Atom
View attachment 13619

Carbon Atom
View attachment 13620

If carbon has a valance of four why can't we have four instinctual-elemental work-modalities?
If humans have eight master genes why can't we have eight base platforms to move between for our work? Cognitive functions.

We breath oxygen and oxygen has a valance of two and an oxygen atom has eight protons and eight electrons.View attachment 13619View attachment 13620
Sir, you quoted my same single post three times in a row.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ignoring the fact that this doesn't seem to be congruent with MBTI theory whatsoever, if I was to merely take this list as a stand-alone theory, I'd say that I was the TINP - Silver Bullet (Kryptonite), I tend to always be that asshole that finds flaws in every single system expounded around me.

Doktorin Zylinder

I seem to be:

ITNP - "slow burn" (Ubermensch) – This mode wants to have the most unbiased perception possible, but in order to achieve this must constantly rethink and slowly obliterate any personal association that might fetter objectivity. This mode can get caught in an endless judging-perceiving cycle of re-examination.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My comfortable mode is one of these two:

NPIT - "niche maker" – This mode tends to create systems starting from a specific example, creating the framework to fit the criteria of the intuition-object. They want to find a place for everything, and a frame big enough for everyone.

NPTI - "mediator" – With a kind, agreeable nature, an INTP in this mode wants to classify and sort much like the "niche maker", but tries to do this from within whichever system is dominant.

I've seen myself "change modes" a bit depending on situation, though.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This probabbly fits the best.

PTNI - "cold shower" ("reality check") - This mode excels in efficiently reducing systems to the simplest metaphor. This activity can be sobering.

I would think this involves strong clashes with the "true believers." And contrary to what someone might think, I'm not even primarily thinking of religion here. Arguments about metaphysics strike me as irrelevant.