• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Are INTJ's Loud and Opinionated When Immature?

BluRoses

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
My best friend of roughly a million years was likely to be loud and kinda obnoxious about his views/opinions when I first met him in high-school. He is one of the few people I have ever been close to who I would describe as "abrasive." He has gotten a lot better about this over the years, but it is crazy for me to remember now that I thought he was a real annoying ass when I first met him.

I don't really know any other INTJ's in my day to day life, and have been curious about this aspect of his personality for a while. It seems to be in some ways at odds with being an introvert to me.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
That doesn't sound like INTJ's but ENTJ's.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never known a loud INTJ, ever. I think most of us find loud people to be irritating.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People of many types are loud and opinionated, and obnoxious, when immature.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Young INJs are painted as reticent and serious, but stereotypes aren't law.

BluRoses

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
I think it was a quirk of his when he was younger because he idolized his dad and he was in stage theater. My friend was never loud in a small group, it was specifically when called on in class. I think he had almost no idea at what level he was being too loud. Thanks for the input! I wondered if this was likely just him.

MBTI Type
INTJ
My best friend of roughly a million years was likely to be loud and kinda obnoxious about his views/opinions when I first met him in high-school. He is one of the few people I have ever been close to who I would describe as "abrasive." He has gotten a lot better about this over the years, but it is crazy for me to remember now that I thought he was a real annoying ass when I first met him.

I don't really know any other INTJ's in my day to day life, and have been curious about this aspect of his personality for a while. It seems to be in some ways at odds with being an introvert to me.

I would say that immature INTJs are often obnoxious and abrasive, though I wouldn't say loud exactly. Immature INTJs often think that they are right, and that people who are wrong are stupid and don't merit basic civility. You can see it on this forum constantly.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would say that immature INTJs are often obnoxious and abrasive, though I wouldn't say loud exactly. Immature INTJs often think that they are right, and that people who are wrong are stupid and don't merit basic civility. You can see it on this forum constantly.
People who are wrong may be stupid, but they still merit basic civility.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6

This doesn't sound much like an INTJ, immature or otherwise. Remember that in ITJs feeling is introverted and thus social reactions tend to have an introverted character to them. A poor developed Fi can show itself in many ways - shy, moody, depressive, capable of bearing a long term grudge, aloof, over sensative, under sensative, and so on. An immature Fi user can even be rude towards those that they don't like, but it is worth noting that in this case the objective is to crush the victim so utterly that they never dare speak inthe ITJs prescense again - that is, it seeks to end the social encounter. Of course, they might nor succeed and instead just create an argument, but that doesn't change what the goal was.

Projecting oneself into a social setting regardless of the consequences is more characteristic of a poor expression of Fe.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Hmm..not loud, at least not in my experience. Obnoxious, yes they can be. More about being right and dismissing any and all other views and oh yeah, how girls/women won't date them or have sex with them. Even when they could make small improvements that would have impact on the female situation. Of course that won't work and we're back at being right and dismissing any and all other views.

BluRoses

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
This doesn't sound much like an INTJ, immature or otherwise. Remember that in ITJs feeling is introverted and thus social reactions tend to have an introverted character to them. A poor developed Fi can show itself in many ways - shy, moody, depressive, capable of bearing a long term grudge, aloof, over sensative, under sensative, and so on. An immature Fi user can even be rude towards those that they don't like, but it is worth noting that in this case the objective is to crush the victim so utterly that they never dare speak inthe ITJs prescense again - that is, it seeks to end the social encounter..

The bolded above sounds like my friend at his worst. He is definitely an introvert. I'm fairly sure he could spend a month alone in his room with his computer and not be lonely. Once I got over his surly nature (still looking back at us in HS) I realized we both had a dry sense of humor. We used to make my other friends roll their eyes because we would talk in puns and go back and forth using our intuition to almost read each other's minds.

BluRoses

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
[MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION]

In my younger days I would have scolded you. Now, sadly, I do think some people are just stupid. ;)

Bknight

Lost in the Multiverse
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Young INJs are painted as reticent and serious, but stereotypes aren't law.

But in this case, this particular stereotype is correct. Most INTJs I know, myself included, are like this.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Opinionated loudness is not something I've seen of any INTJ.

There are two traits that I have noticed being shared by all INTJs IRL. First is their 'keeping it to themselves/closed off' compulsion.

And second their condescension.

However, one's they begin to trust you they lift their lid of being closed off and once you tell them to pick between being condescending and your friendship - if they value your companionship - they drop it too. Until you stand up to them and tell them to drop their attitude you have to prepare to be snarked for the rest of your life.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why? One objective argument for inherent right to civility please.
Incivility is much more likely to produce negative results and is therefore inefficient, unless it has a specific purpose.

Occam's Chainsaw

Incivility is much more likely to produce negative results and is therefore inefficient, unless it has a specific purpose.

Bad argument. That's a reason I should be civil (my own gain) and not for other peoples's inherent right to civility. The two are very different.