• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Are INTJ's Loud and Opinionated When Immature?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Opinionated yes, regardless of them being immature or not. But i think being opinionated is quite common trait for all T types, however i think Ti types more often have rationale to back up these opinions, while NTJs rely more on intuition and rather unconscious Fi to form opinions, which means that there isnt so strong rationale to back up the opinions, but is more based on feels and intuitions about observable Te/Se facts. I have seen it quite a lot that INTJs come up with rationalizations to back up their opinions, but the rationalization is usually just some rationalization made up later to justify the actions taken based by opinions(which sometimes are rather funny, because they dont make logical sense, as its often trying to put logic to something that inherently is not logical), rather than the actual rationale that was used to form the conclusion. However i suspect that sometimes making up this sort of rationalizations later is just trying to mask the irrationality in the INTJ that s/he doesent want to show to others(sometimes its a mask for self, not just to others, but in this case the INTJ actually believes the rationale), as it would make him look weak to others or as a self-defence mechanism of the ego to not to look weak to self. NTPs do often have more opinions about things, but its because of Ti forming these opinions and they are more often based on thinking, but ofc there is an element of assumption from Ne, interpersonal value aspect of Fe and subjective factor of sensing that might take this Ti analysis the wrong way. But this also makes it that if Ti is proven wrong, the opinion is changed more easily since the aspect of T rationale is stronger and "deeper". While NTJs dont change their opinion that easily based on reason, but it needs more of their subjective N and F to change to change their opinion. Sometimes it might change easily regardless of external things or rational analysis, but for someone else to change this, it requires more rationale from external world(as more reasons or excuses are formed from NiFi to try to take down this rationale from others), because the opinions are more deep rooted in Ni and often rather unconscious Fi than Te.

INTJs can get loud if they are in the heat of an argument and in safe environment, or if someone else in the similar situation is talking and they want to talk too, they can talk over and louder than the other person. But being loud in general is something INTJs are not.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bad argument. That's a reason I should be civil (my own gain) and not for other peoples's inherent right to civility. The two are very different.
You are making assumptions and reading into my comment what isn't there. I am not limiting this to my own negative results; everyone is better off when we all give each other the benefit of the doubt and act with civility. It is not necessary to make a case for inherent rights when practical results support the same conclusion much more effectively.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it was a quirk of his when he was younger because he idolized his dad and he was in stage theater. My friend was never loud in a small group, it was specifically when called on in class. I think he had almost no idea at what level he was being too loud. Thanks for the input! I wondered if this was likely just him.

Sometimes people have a hearing problem and that's why they're loud

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sometimes people have a hearing problem and that's why they're loud

Eh, what's that you say? (Holds ear trumpet up to left side...) /really, really old school>

Tippo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Until they encounter a challenge. IMO, they want to express the information they have processed, typically smothering opposition with technical data demonstrating their genius. However, finding these sparks in a general sense and sharing the larger picture, most still are stuck in the details. My role, since 28 was to guide the sparks toward our goal.

Tippo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm a big fan of INTJ
I'm also the guiding light regarding results application.