• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] An NT as a forensic scientist...your thoughts?

Bnova

MBTI Type
IXTX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
What are your thoughts on an NT going into the forensic science path???

I'm maybe starting this year for my national diploma in South Africa for Crime Scene investigation, a forensic crime scene investigator,it sounds professional and where i come from you only have to be older than 16 and have passed grade 9 to take the 18-24 months course :D

it sounds like a quick fix, and Im in my last years of matric then I can get a real diploma,bachelor's whatever in forensic science then the real money starts to flow :D, I'm turning 18 this year

I also view this as a chance to try different jobs out :)

since i dunno what i want to become yet

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What are your thoughts on an NT going into the forensic science path???

I'm maybe starting this year for my national diploma in South Africa for Crime Scene investigation, a forensic crime scene investigator,it sounds professional and where i come from you only have to be older than 16 and have passed grade 9 to take the 18-24 months course :D

it sounds like a quick fix, and Im in my last years of matric then I can get a real diploma,bachelor's whatever in forensic science then the real money starts to flow :D, I'm turning 18 this year

I also view this as a chance to try different jobs out :)

since i dunno what i want to become yet

I don't know what South Africa schools are like in that field, but yes, if I were a teenager again planning my education, actually forensic science would be one area I'd be examining far more than I did. The main issue is how much structure and what type of science you would be handling, it does need a focus on following rigorous lab procedures I think (?), you can't be purely theoretical and would need to appreciate hard data as the basis of your conclusions... but blood spatter analysis or body identification or facial recreation/modelling or other things that involve a healthy amount of imagination as you process data from a crime scene? That could all be very cool.

Bnova

MBTI Type
IXTX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't know what South Africa schools are like in that field, but yes, if I were a teenager again planning my education, actually forensic science would be one area I'd be examining far more than I did. The main issue is how much structure and what type of science you would be handling, it does need a focus on following rigorous lab procedures I think (?), you can't be purely theoretical and would need to appreciate hard data as the basis of your conclusions... but blood spatter analysis or body identification or facial recreation/modelling or other things that involve a healthy amount of imagination as you process data from a crime scene? That could all be very cool.

i was watching The Flash then i got inspiration for forensic science, then i watched sherlock and saw how he applied the science to solve his cases so all that hard data is totally second to me what comes first is like the stuff i write in my novel short stories, the novelty and the vision behind every crime scene is always first(subconsciously/consciously) for me ;-)