• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] MBTI types' individual way of learning

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Every MBTI type has an own way of learning, based off of the 4 letters of an MBTI type.

Introverts: ...learn about themselves and their own interests.
Extroverts: ...learn about their environment and what they have to learn.

Sensitives: ...are able to learn facts better.
Intiutives: ...understand theories better.

Thinkers: ...learn about objective topics.
Feelers: ...learn about subjective topics.

Judgers: ...learn as much as they can about the topics they know.
Percievers: ...learn only important parts of a wide range of topics.

This also works with the Cognitive functions. This part only really makes sense when you know the Cognitive Functions of each type when you compare this information to the results below the Cognitive Functions.

Sensing is the way you learn.
Extroverted Sensors: ...learn by doing.
Introverted Sensors: ...learn by observing.

Intuition is the choice you make from what you've learned.
Extroverted Intuitives: ...follow their gut instinct based on their observations.
Introverted Intuitives: ...don't follow their gut instinct but keep it in mind when they use Se.

The thinking/feeling part doesn't have to do with learning, but it's relevant in cognitive functions.

This part decides if you share what you think about or not.
Extroverted Thinkers: ...share what they think about.
Introverted Thinkers: ...keep it to themselves.

This part decides if you share your feelings or not.
Extroverted Feelers: ...share their feelings.
Introverted Feelers: ...don't share their feelings.

RESULTS:

ISTJ: The student (studies one thing deeply, but doesn't strive to understand the meanings behind the facts)
ISTP: The practical learner (like the student, but with a wider range of interests which they learn about)
ESTP: The realistic learner (believes what he sees, and is usually accurate, but only on a superficial level)
ESTJ: The teacher (learns about what the environment requires for them to know, but don't care to understand the meanings behind it)

ISFJ: The traditional learner (is interested in one thing passionately, but doesn't usually understand the meanings and truth behind it)
ISFP: The artistic learner (is interested in alot of things passionately, but only on a superficial level, via their senses)
ESFP: The emotional learner (relationship-concentrated, learns and cares about other people in their environment)
ESFJ: The mainstream learner (doesn't mean every ESFJ is mainstream, but they learn about what they see and others care about)

INFJ: The interested learner (like the INTJ, but with more passion, and have a emotional connection, a bond, to their interest)
INFP: The philosopher (interested in the meanings and morals behind the environment, and usually understands them quite well)
ENFP: The empathic learner (like the ESFP, but less sympathic and more empathic, because they understand the meanings behind people's actions better)
ENFJ: The social learner (like the ENTJ, but are more concentrated on relationships between people. They also have a good sense of moral)

INTJ: The expert (learns really much about one thing and is really skilled at whatever that one thing is)
INTP: The curious learner (is interested in practically everything and the meanings behind those topics, and enjoys theories about those topics)
ENTP: The universal learner (someone who learns and knows about everything, not necessarily much though)
ENTJ: The leader (They learn only about what they have to, but they understand the meanings behind it, and that makes them good leaders)

Comment what you think about this and if it's accurate or not.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Mostly introverted here. I'm not really as interested in learning about my environment but sometimes it's needed. I prefer to learn because I want to, not because I have to.

I can do both pretty well. Regarding facts, I'll remember them better if I can put them in a larger context but if the fact in itself is interesting, I'll remember it as a discrete piece of information. Overall, I tend to be more interested in theories than facts.

I do both. At school, I tended to do better in courses with objective topics: math, science, foreign languages. With subjective topics like English literature or art, there's always multiple ways something could be approached or interpreted and I couldn't always just rely on logic.

Some subjects I enjoy like psychology involve alot of both.

Hmmmm. I guess I'm more of a judger here? It depends on the topic. If it's really interesting to me, I'll want to learn all about it. If it's not as interesting, I may only learn what's needed or just enough to not look ignorant.

This also works with the Cognitive functions. This part only really makes sense when you know the Cognitive Functions of each type when you compare this information to the results below the Cognitive Functions.

Both. I tend to retain information better though, if I get actual hands-on experience. I'm pretty sure I'm an Si user though. My Se is quite weak.

Extroverted Intuitives: ...follow their gut instinct based on their observations.
Introverted Intuitives: ...don't follow their gut instinct but keep it in mind when they use Se.

Follow gut instinct for the most part

The thinking/feeling part doesn't have to do with learning, but it's relevant in cognitive functions.

Both. I like to share my thinking if I think it will be of interest to others and they can easily understand it.

Depends. I'm willing to share my feelings but only if I'm comfortable with you first.

RESULTS:
INTP: The curious learner (is interested in practically everything and the meanings behind those topics, and enjoys theories about those topics)

INTP fits me best, hands down.

SwimmerGal97

I'm even split here, I like to know everything and think understanding yourself is equally as important as understanding others but feel more uncomfortable not knowing about my environment so I'd go with extroverted

Well I have a good memory but I was granted the gift of the bullshit and (I have limited life experience so I'm going off school exams) tend to do better in essay based subjects where I know the basic principle and make the rest up (maybe I'm just really lazy)

I'm a thinker (or cold hearted b*tch as my friends call me) although I love politics (can't resist an argument) which is quite subjective. Other opinion based subjects like English lit are utter rubbish in my opinion

I'd consider muself a jack of all trades because i havent really found a great passion in life. I know quite alot of things in reasonable depth though (i hate looking like an idiot) and I can get pretty intense/borderline (way passed the line) obsessive. I'd go with P.

I enjoy observing but it doesn't stick unless I actually do it. Extroverted

Introverted...I think. I believe in following your guy, it ultimately knows best, but I'd need the facts first (the facts, the stats, the range of possible outcomes.....)

Introverted Feelers: ...don't share their feelings

Introverted. Unless you count opinions as feelings? Generally I'm not a touchy feely caring sharing sort of person. If I was upset or genuinely hurt wouldn't tell anyone. If I wanted something/wanted to get out of doing something I would 'share' my (100% genuine) feelings. ;)

People are my sound boards! I talk to myself through people :') in person, through text, on Facebook I will talk to them, answer my own questions, muse out loud and generally annoy people who end up completely lost and have no idea what I'm talking about (like when I start 'discussing' a history essay with a science student)

I'd say Ni and Te were my most important two so that leaves me either INTJ or ENTJ (not the P I thought I was). I'm not a learner of one thing only so I guess its

ENTJ: The leader (They learn only about what they have to, but they understand the meanings behind it, and that makes them good leaders)

INTPhonetics

MBTI Type
INTP

I believe that overall I am an introvert. Unless I'm around those I know well and trust, I prefer being alone and reflecting on personal values/beliefs/other. I have my "extroverted moments," though. We all need a little balance, right? Without seeing what the world outside of oneself has to offer, their own world may become small/skewed, or they may even completely fabricate (on an unhealthy level, not a creative and imaginative one) what is real, due to lack of outer stimuli, or incentive. I can take a look at my surroundings, gain some outer perspective, and revert back to reflect on it.

Intuitive, for sure. I can retain facts just fine, but only of my own accord. When I went to school, I did terribly due to my overall lack of interest in the way topics were presented and taught...and when a student isn't interested, their work generally isn't that great, either. I'd often skip altogether. Tsk tsk. Theories, though, yes. I always research whatever topic comes to mind on my own time, and I love debating/discussing things with answers that could either be readily changed (being a skeptic) or are open-ended (leave it to the imagination).

Um...both...but leaning toward T. Using objective criticism is essentially my favorite pastime, lol.

Only important parts? No. I believe myself to prefer the Perceiving function over Judging, however I definitely look into details, too. I try to learn as much as I can...the problem is my extreme tendency to be distracted by hundreds, thousands, millions of other topics that correlate on some level, or maybe not at all, but I will always attempt to find that connection.

Si for sure. No doubt about it.

I don't particularly think this is accurate...the Ne function is also OBJECTIVE itself, as Ni is subjective. It doesn't exclusively mean "instinct," but the way we understand things, as well. "Extroverted iNtuiting involves noticing hidden meanings and interpreting them, often entertaining a wealth of possible interpretations from just one idea or interpreting what someone’s behavior really means. It also involves seeing things "as if," with various possible representations of reality. Using this process, we can juggle many different ideas, thoughts, beliefs, and meanings in our mind at once with the possibility that they are all true (the objectivity being of great use here, opening our minds to everything out there)." ----- "Introverted iNtuiting involves synthesizing the seemingly paradoxical or contradictory, which takes understanding to a new level. Using this process, we can have moments when completely new, unimagined realizations come to us. A disengagement from interactions in the room occurs, followed by a sudden “Aha!” or “That’s it!” The sense of the future and the realizations that come from introverted iNtuiting have a sureness and an imperative quality that seem to demand action and help us stay focused on fulfilling our vision or dream of how things will be in the future (all very much like epiphanies, revelations, etc)."
Aaaaall of that being said/quoted (Keys 2 Cognition), I believe I have a pretty firm grip on both, however I use Ne more often.

I think the "thinking/feeling part" has very much to do with learning, too. But I keep going on a rampage here, so I'll cut this one down a bit. I am both, yet again. I like sharing my ideas, given that they'll be acknowledged with an equally enthusiastic response. I get put off when I attempt to converse ideas (even some of the most bizarre ones)/debate and the receiver is indifferent about it. That tends to be the only time I'm actually self conscious and start being super hard on myself. When I keep my thoughts to myself, I can sometimes feel exasperated because there's just so much people ought to know! But then I simultaneously don't want to make these revolutionary ideas happen, I'd much rather someone else take the leadership role (in a sense) while I work "behind the curtain," so to speak. Haha.

Here's the thing. I don't WILLINGLY show my feelings. Inferior Fe can be an almost mortifying function for INTPs. The most openly "emotional" I get with people are based around how excitable I am with new (to me) things to research, explore, analyze, etc. I tend to bottle up my emotions - which tend to be stronger than I'd like to admit - without even realizing it, as though it's a conditioned response of mine. Eventually, feelings make their way out of you, and when you have the inclination (whether consciously or not) to withdraw from them or hide them, they'll bloody EXPLODE everywhere. Good times. I guess I forgot to mention that this is the one other time I feel incredibly self conscious, immature, needy, annoying, all those pessimistic terms. I hate it, and I am still working on balancing it.