• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What do you think of SJs?

Coffee_Yum

MBTI Type
INTP
They certainly care about me, claim to have never cared about another person the same they do about me. My life is filled with them.

But I doubt that they will ever have the access to the core of my soul, or will ever fully understand me and my cause.

But who ever does?

(ESFJ mum, ESFJ ex boyfriend and almost soulmate of nearly 10 years, ISTJ ex boyfriend, ESTJ current boyfriend, ESFJ good friend of 6 years)

Interesting. I met up with an INTJ friend last night dating an ESFP and they are so different it's hilarious and worrying at times. It seems generally speaking most intuitives know what drives sensors, but don't understand. On the contrary, sensors mostly don't know what drives intuitives nor do they understand.

Does that sounds familiar?

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It seems generally speaking most intuitives know what drives sensors, but don't understand. On the contrary, sensors mostly don't know what drives intuitives nor do they understand.

Does that sounds familiar?

Yeah, it does.

Like, I know that my life would be better if I could be more like them. I do mirror their behaviours, as I want to get along better with them and fit in better with society.
I can't say that it hasn't been emotionally draining. It is draining.

Coffee_Yum

MBTI Type
INTP
I do mirror their behaviours, as I want to get along better with them and fit in better with society.

That's a silent wish that all NFs have at the back of their mind...to be like those sensors to fit in better. To that I would say you can change your exterior persona to adapt but never lose your inner self. Trust me it will not make you happy.

I recently thought of this analogy: When a couple first get together, they walk in parallels. Over time they may develop differently, or some of the incompatibilities may starting to surface, and they drift apart. But this doesn't mean they cannot stay together. Love is like a string tying the 2 together. As they move in separate directions, the string stretches, and when that happens, the 2 people can extend the string on both ends to keep each other linked. It just takes mutual efforts but differences are never deal breakers.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just hope that SJ's too understand that we are naturally focused on other things as well. Like the core and essence of things which make us sound pompous and lofty. But it's so natural of being analytical and thinking of the motivations of others.

But since there's less of us. People say meh, why? So few of you, should I have to care about how you feel or see the world?

I know this thread is about SJ's and is great that we understand then more too. It just feels because they're the majority we have to bend our wills to theirs and we are forced to heed or flee kind of feeling.

When I am at my best being present. SJ's don't feel threatened by me as long as I suppress my deep talk or talk in very factual terms. Like when I watched Straight Outta Compton (who I am thinking it may be the majority of SJ and SP types) they spoke very succinctly and to the point on just about everything. It's such a different world and it's nice to know of people's intentions that clear cut and what they're going to do about it.

I think SJ's are like bloodhounds when they sense guilt or insecurity from others. They will flee or remain defensive if you feel that they will judge you on what you're doing.

So for everyone on SJ's (SJ's included) if you're going to feel guilty or perhaps judged about something. Don't say it. Or change your attitude about it. I think SFJ's are very adept with body language.

It's time to share that NFJ's people skills come within a different area. SFJ's are just about as intuitive about people too.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think SJs are wonderful, actually. I can't say much about the unhealthy and immature ones, but the ones who really developed themselves really intrigue me. I respect xSTJ types so long as I keep my message straight and to the point without any frills, and xSFJ types nurture me from an emotional stand point even if we sometimes suffer from awkward moments of getting lost in translation, so to speak. SJ types are the majority, and we need them to keep things going. Maybe that's a loaded statement, who knows, but that's what I think of it.

Coffee_Yum

MBTI Type
INTP
Had a discussion regarding how different types can offer best to society.

Health and Well-being
I/ENFJs are counselors and nurses
I/ENFPs are artists and masters of providing cultural experiences
ESTJs are law enforcers

Infrastructures
ISTP

Economy
I/ENTPs generates original ideas
INTJs turns these ideas into products
ENTJs markets the products out to people
ISTJs handles distribution and trade
ESTPs are the hippy end users (the greatest product is useless to the economy if no one buys them right?)

Sports and Entertainment
I/ESFPs are great entertainers

Religion
ISFJs are religious leaders

Population Growth
ESFJs are best at raising children

After we made the list our first impression was: ESFJs can offer best is pretty low in importance, since earth is already over-populated, at the same time diminishing energy and resources is gradually becoming a problem. We still need to breed obviously or else aging population globally would be a huge issue, but isn't it more beneficial in today's society to reduce the proportion of ESFJs? Seems to me like opportunity cost could be at play here the more ESFJs there are. Hmm......

I am INTP so it's easy for me to think this way, but I was talking with an INFJ and she agreed hahahaha......

I think we definitely need more NFs around especially in major cities of the world since lifestyles in metropolitan are becoming more stressful year after year, and mental illnesses never get the recognition they deserve. WE NEED BETTER RELIEF FOR THE SOUL.

Disclaimer: I'm not some evil mastermind who's into genocide. I'm speaking purely hypothetical and purely for fun. Know that I hold no grudge against types, only ever individuals. (Yes if I hate you I hate you for life hahahaha......)

Last edited:

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
We are living in SJ world, since they are the most prevalent of all the types. It can be irritating at times, since their style doesn't always jive with the way NTs roll, but I doubt that the world would be a much better place if NTs were the most prevalent types. When I was younger, the SJ modus operandi would often really rustle my jimmies, but now that I've learned how they operate, I'm fairly ok with it all, and actually have come to appreciate SJs for their different abilities.

Tl;dr - don't try to change the system, just learn how to exploit it.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SJs, stop caring so much about being "right".
When it comes to discussions with your loved ones, you might win a fight but lose a battle.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=28259]Coffee_Yum[/MENTION]

What made you think that ISFJ's would fit that role of religious leaders? Leaders kind of imply extroversion. At least in your ideas. So do your switcheroo with ESFJ :p

I say you have a fairly little understanding of the types to put ESFJ's so narrow like that (I mean being mother is a huge and wonderful responsibility) and how you typed all the other types in that category.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Had a discussion regarding how different types can offer best to society.

Health and Well-being
I/ENFJs are counselors and nurses
I/ENFPs are artists and masters of providing cultural experiences
ESTJs are law enforcers

Infrastructures
ISTP

Economy
I/ENTPs generates original ideas
INTJs turns these ideas into products
ENTJs markets the products out to people
ISTJs handles distribution and trade
ESTPs are the hippy end users (the greatest product is useless to the economy if no one buys them right?)

Sports and Entertainment
I/ESFPs are great entertainers

Religion
ISFJs are religious leaders

Population Growth
ESFJs are best at raising children

After we made the list our first impression was: ESFJs can offer best is pretty low in importance, since earth is already over-populated, at the same time diminishing energy and resources is gradually becoming a problem. We still need to breed obviously or else aging population globally would be a huge issue, but isn't it more beneficial in today's society to reduce the proportion of ESFJs? Seems to me like opportunity cost could be at play here the more ESFJs there are. Hmm......

I am INTP so it's easy for me to think this way, but I was talking with an INFJ and she agreed hahahaha......

I think we definitely need more NFs around especially in major cities of the world since lifestyles in metropolitan are becoming more stressful year after year, and mental illnesses never get the recognition they deserve. WE NEED BETTER RELIEF FOR THE SOUL.

Disclaimer: I'm not some evil mastermind who's into genocide. I'm speaking purely hypothetical and purely for fun. Know that I hold no grudge against types, only ever individuals. (Yes if I hate you I hate you for life hahahaha......)

Nice to know that, based on my Myers-Briggs type, my only contribution to society is my vagina.

At least if we're talking about child-bearing/producing.

But seriously. This really is sadly limiting.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
At least my ESFJ uterus is a nice little cave for the NTP fetuses to generate their ideas.

Coffee_Yum

MBTI Type
INTP
Yep it was generalizing. I shared it for entertainment values. I showed little understanding in my post because it would not be fun if it becomes too serious.

So to answer your question the stereotyped ISFJ are enjoy pleasing others especially authorities and is therefore more prone to being devoted to a religion. Spiritual "leader" is an exaggerated expression for entertainment sake.

On the ESFJ I wasn't only putting them narrowly, I did that to everyone even my own type. Anyway you get the humor or you don't. I meant not to offend but to amuse hahahaha...

Here's a little article on putting all 16 types into the hunger game and describe how each one will fare. Full of stereotyping but I find it fun to read if anyone is also interested.

Here’s What Would Happen If We Put All The Myers-Briggs Characters Into The Hunger Games Together | Thought Catalog

Coffee_Yum

MBTI Type
INTP
Nice to know that, based on my Myers-Briggs type, my only contribution to society is my vagina.

At least if we're talking about child-bearing/producing.

But seriously. This really is sadly limiting.

I specifically used the words "raising" children not "bearing" children. I'm sure you will make a better mum than I ever would as a dad. The fact that Type INTP as idea generators implies we are too lazy to put these ideas into action and needs the INTJs to do that for us. It is limiting but that was the point and you're not alone. Like I already said it was not serious.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I specifically used the words "raising" children not "bearing" children. I'm sure you will make a better mum than I ever would as a dad. The fact that Type INTP as idea generators implies we are too lazy to put these ideas into action and needs the INTJs to do that for us. It is limiting but that was the point and you're not alone. Like I already said it was not serious.

Maybe I'm being too uptight, but these extremely narrow "non-serious" things really deter people from wanting to identify with a certain type, even if they are that type (the ESFJ/ENFP epidemic).

I apologize that I interpreted your post wrong. Still, it is upsetting that ESFJs always seem to be limited to child-raising alone. Have you ever seen an ESFJ's Ne in action? SFJs can certainly make use of their Ne and Ti. Quite well.

And telling me that I'm not alone is not comforting. Neither I, you, or anyone else is to be put in a group for a specific fate.

Sorry if I come off as rude or harsh. I don't mean to be (I'm stressed out; we've all been there).

I like some SJs because I admire the strengths they have that I do not. For example, they tend to not make errors in formal proofs because they are more meticulous. I notice some NTPs that I respect seemed to have marrieds STJs. I think INTJ + ISTJ can be a good combo as well.

Coffee_Yum

MBTI Type
INTP
Maybe I'm being too uptight, but these extremely narrow "non-serious" things really deter people from wanting to identify with a certain type, even if they are that type (the ESFJ/ENFP epidemic).

I don't know. For me I have no desire to identify with or be identified by someone who's so easily influenced by these silly posts, but that's an INTP perception, not ESFJ. And you may not believe it but I actually despise any serious generalisation of a person. I actually don't put any values into mechanisms like this that groups people into a specific number of types. I only find these grossly simplified and inaccurate theories that tries to explain every single individual person in the world amusing.

I apologize that I interpreted your post wrong. Still, it is upsetting that ESFJs always seem to be limited to child-raising alone. Have you ever seen an ESFJ's Ne in action? SFJs can certainly make use of their Ne and Ti. Quite well.

And telling me that I'm not alone is not comforting. Neither I, you, or anyone else is to be put in a group for a specific fate.

Sorry if I come off as rude or harsh. I don't mean to be (I'm stressed out; we've all been there).

No offense taken nor meant to deliver. I believe every type can learn to better themselves through developing their tertiary and inferior functions. Going beyond that life experience is something that theories alone can never fully explain. I sense a somewhat underlying frustration here, almost like you are fed up with constantly getting put down, presumably by NTs. Know this: we NTs don't socialize well in real life, that's why we are more active in these forums. You participating here more or less puts you at a disadvantage in numbers. But in real life situations NTs don't stand a chance in sustaining a social conversation as well as you do. I would also say that anyone, not just NTs, who truly believe they can narrowly classify types and apply those theories to every human being needs more development.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In a way I would enjoy being a religious leader, I do decently enough at giving flamboyant speeches filled with empty promises.

What would readily come to the extroverted I would have to force, of course. But for that you'd only need leave me alone for a few days afterwards.