• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Relationships to the other types

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I posted my opinion about the other types and how good the relationships are. This only applies for INTPs.
Please understand that this isn't meant to offend anyone. No offense. Without further ado, let's start.

INTP: Except for myself, I don't know any other INTPs, but I had conversations with some on this very forum (Xander) and they are fun.

ENTP: The extroverted counterpart. One of my friends is an ENTP. That guy's awesome. We argue all of the time (about anything) and it's fun.

INTJ: Partners in competence. I have a couple INTJ friends, and they're smart (not as smart as me though), but usually a bit arrogant.

ENTJ: One ENTJ I know is calm and totally career-oriented, the other one has a great humor, but gets angry at my laziness and my revolting.

INFP: The only INFP I know is my grandma. She's quiet, friendly, and a great philosopher. She's emotionally fragile though.

ENFP: I really like them. They're smart, friendly, adventurous, but I can't understand how they can be so happy/optimistic/enthusiastic all of the time.

INFJ: My dad is an INFJ. It's a love-hate relationship in a nutshell. He's intellectually smart, but logically stupid. He hates my spontaneousness.

ENFJ: Now that is some personality! They're very expressive and exited, but they can be calm though. a likeable personality, in my opinion.

Now to the sensors, ugh...

ISTP: Really calm, and only say something when necessary. They appear lazy but work when they have to. I like them, but couldn't be best friends.

ESTP: By far my favorite SE type. They're adventurous, realistic, and logical. They usually don't understand what I'm telling them, though.

ISTJ: I don't really like ISTJs. They're dogs. How can they be so loyal? They're also workaholics, and the guy shushing you in the library.

ESTJ: They are stupid and loyal. If you are different from them, they will mess you up. Worse: They think you're stupid no matter what you do.

ISFP: Finally a better type. They are calm, patient and tolerant. They accept life how it is. I like them, but not what they do.

ESFP: They are party animals. They are social butterflies and fairly loyal. That's the type you want to get drunk if you know what I mean, hehe.

ISFJ: ISTJs are dogs, but ISFJs even want to be dogs. They have no problem living a lie as long as everything stays the same. How stupid...

ESFJ: Stupidity reached it's limit here. They are the definition of a cunt. "Can't Understand Normal Thinking". They're also usually popular because there are so many of them. I have an ESFJ teacher, but I have no problem with her, because she's mature and knows her shit. She also has an above average IQ.

My favorite types in order:

1. ENTP (I like them slightly more than INTPs because being extroverted is an advantage, in my opinion. I also act like an ENTP.)
2. INTP (Sounds arrogant, but how could I not? It's my own type, FCOL! *smile*)
3. ENTJ (ENTJs are the boss! they are ambitious and intelligent and deserve to be 3rd.)
4. INTJ (I value competence, and they are the best strategists. They're smart and fun. 4th serves them right.)
5. ENFP (no comment. ENFPs are awesome.)
6. ENFJ (My best friend is an ENFJ. Not that it's the reason that's on here, but still.)
7. INFJ (They have a really deep personality, and I value that. They're also great philosophers.)
8. INFP (Also great philosophers, but they are more delinquent and emotionally unstable, but ironically more calm.)
9. ISTP (I can relate with them, but they lack in intelligence.)
10. ISFP (they're less idealistic hippies. All they care about is peace, not a bad thing, but they do nothing about it. They accept life too much.)
11. ESTP (I can tolerate them. At least they're not antisocial and have a deeper personality than the types listed below.)
12. ESFP (ESFPs are usually "bitches", meaning they are too loyal.)
13. ISTJ (They have no life whatsoever.)
14. ISFJ (They're happy living a lie. I detest people like that.)
15. ESTJ (I resent ESTJs They're walking facades with no soul. They think they're smarter, but they're f-ing idiots who understand nothing.)
16. ESFJ (I downright hate this type. I explained why, but I hate them. They have no souls.)

If I offended your type, I don't mind if you hate me. Hate me all you want, but don't disturb the thread by getting off-topic. Also, chances are you're not an NT type if you are offended and shouldn't even be commenting here.
This is all out of an INTP's point of view. Please comment your opinion below and how much you can relate. But don't exaggerate the ranting about SJs.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow. The rampant generalizing displayed here is truly impressive.

By the way, that was me shushing you in the library. Keep it down, I'm trying to read about Nikola Tesla.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
This is an odd list.

I'm having a difficult time reconciling some of the things you've mentioned here, especially the conveniences. For example
ESFJ's (I hate this type)
but then before you mentioned
I have an ESFJ teacher, but I have no problem with her, because she's mature and knows her shit. She also has an above average IQ.

Is that an exception then or did you just want to tell us about this teacher? I can see you don't hate her. Are ESFJ's ok as long as they have above average IQ and 'know their shit'? This actually leads into something more pressing with MBTI and other systems that has been ad naseum'd to death by now. The convenience of how likeability is proportionate to the exception in a typology system of an otherwise dislikeable category, in this chart I just made up which is in the shape of the taste of orange.

This is reading more and more like a parody of the more extreme stereotypes. It is pretty funny though.

Rala

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJ: My dad is an INFJ. It's a love-hate relationship in a nutshell. He's intellectually smart, but logically stupid. He hates my spontaneousness

He hates your spontaneousness? Could you elaborate on that? I'm interested because my dad's an INFJ too, and I see a little friction there too between us. I'd hate to know that's really what's going on :dry::mad:

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Of course it's generalized, because if it wasn't, I had to write down my experience of every single person I have met in my life, even if they were exactly the same from their personality. But I'm too lazy and smart for that. It is obvious and unnecessary.
And in my experience, S = Stupid.
And about the teacher: I wanted to name an exception to tell everyone that I didn't mean everyone. C'mon, I thought it was obvious...
Now go be a Boss at some company.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You use the word "stupid" a lot. It's such a broad way of describing someone. And your reasons for calling someone stupid are pretty vague. "I don't agree with the way they think, therefore they're stupid." Seems kind of lazy.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
He hates your spontaneousness? Could you elaborate on that? I'm interested because my dad's an INFJ too, and I see a little friction there too between us. I'd hate to know that's really what's going on :dry::mad:

"Failing to plan is planning to fail" is a nice metaphor from my dad. I don't agree with it at all. I my opinion:
"Planning is for people who can't adapt."

But that's not entirely it. My dad has his ideal way of raising me, which I hate as well, and nothing will change his mind. INFJs are by far the hardest type to manipulate, which is a bad thing in this case. My dad calls it "hard love", I call it "what an asshole!", and I'm afraid the "friction" will never change until you're an adult. My dad values the exact same thing more than anything which I resent more than anything. AUTHORITY. INFJs are assholes because they can be.
But I'll tolerate that for now. "The door swings both ways" so he'll pay when I'm an adult and he's at my house.
But telling him won't change anything. He won't listen to you because he's too busy trying to prove his point.
To make it blunt: He's Gandhi and Hitler at the same time.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
You use the word "stupid" a lot. It's such a broad way of describing someone. And your reasons for calling someone stupid are pretty vague. "I don't agree with the way they think, therefore they're stupid." Seems kind of lazy.

I don't mind if someone thinks differently. In fact, I like it, because I don't want someone agreeing to me the whole time, because that means they don't have an own opinion, which is a sign of stupidity.
It's the ability to think at all which I value. There are people that just accept and do everything they're told without questioning anything and living a lie not knowing about it because they don't realize it themself.
Those people are what I mean with the word "stupid". I can't agree to how they think if they don't think at all.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx

If you think me asking you to explain your statement makes me stupid, you're mistaking.
Your statement is unexplained. If you don't explain your statement, it is invalid.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
You know, they used to call Albert Einstein stupid because they didn't understand what he was talking about and thought it didn't make sense.
They weren't capable of understanding him, so they called him stupid. With me, it's the same thing. They call me stupid because they can't understand me.

Rala

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Failing to plan is planning to fail" is a nice metaphor from my dad. I don't agree with it at all. I my opinion:
"Planning is for people who can't adapt."

But that's not entirely it. My dad has his ideal way of raising me, which I hate as well, and nothing will change his mind. INFJs are by far the hardest type to manipulate, which is a bad thing in this case. My dad calls it "hard love", I call it "what an asshole!", and I'm afraid the "friction" will never change until you're an adult. My dad values the exact same thing more than anything which I resent more than anything. AUTHORITY. INFJs are assholes because they can be.
But I'll tolerate that for now. "The door swings both ways" so he'll pay when I'm an adult and he's at my house.
But telling him won't change anything. He won't listen to you because he's too busy trying to prove his point.
To make it blunt: He's Gandhi and Hitler at the same time.

Wasn't Gandhi an INFP, though?

Anyway, my dad is more of a soft INFJ, I guess. Or maybe a healthier one? Since he is the most understanding and selfless person I know.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wasn't Gandhi an INFP, though?

Anyway, my dad is more of a soft INFJ, I guess. Or maybe a healthier one? Since he is the most understanding and selfless person I know.

Then I'm happy for you! :D
And no, Gandhi is in fact an INFJ.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I think OP is a clever troll. He's writing in improper syntax on purpose to sound like a foreigner.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think OP is a clever troll. He's writing in improper syntax on purpose to sound like a foreigner.
I think it's more likely that OP is a teenager who recently discovered MBTI, and has yet to learn that generic type descriptions are not reliable predictors of human behavior.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

Doese foreigner on international forum mean extraterrestial?

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hell of a judgement on ESFJs there. There's one ESFJ I know personally who I get along quite fine with (ironically she's the qualified MBTI practitioner that typed me).