• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Intjs and fortune tellers

sculpting

So I took my little intj boy who is seven to the ren fair. We bought swords and food and did all the fun things to do.

Then we passed the fortune teller tent and he bought a 1$ fortune card in an envelope. When opened it contained a tarot card. The fortune teller looked down at the card, looked at my seven year old and said "have you not been listening to your parents?"

The card said "quick trying to be dishonest in business dealings, learn to work hard, things aren't going to come easily to you via tricks, apply yourself, focus on success and treat other people fairly. "

It was quite the lecture.

However the next two days were spent helping me clean, doing everything i asked, doing his homework, and overtly asking "was I better today than yesterday, I'm trying not to be an A-s-s"

Any thoughts on why a fortune teller card triggered this sudden emphasis on being good?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So I took my little intj boy who is seven to the ren fair. We bought swords and food and did all the fun things to do.

Then we passed the fortune teller tent and he bought a 1$ fortune card in an envelope. When opened it contained a tarot card. The fortune teller looked down at the card, looked at my seven year old and said "have you not been listening to your parents?"

The card said "quick trying to be dishonest in business dealings, learn to work hard, things aren't going to come easily to you via tricks, apply yourself, focus on success and treat other people fairly. "

It was quite the lecture.

However the next two days were spent helping me clean, doing everything i asked, doing his homework, and overtly asking "was I better today than yesterday, I'm trying not to be an A-s-s"

Any thoughts on why a fortune teller card triggered this sudden emphasis on being good?
Every person could be better. Part of being a child is being taught by your parents how to act, and being corrected when you do not measure up. If you want to add type, every INTJ, I suspect even the small ones, has his own high standards and feels he does not meet them, even when no one else corrects him or even notices. Opening the envelope was an occasion for someone else to notice. Your boy was caught out. Caught doing what? The fortune teller no doubt didn't even know him. But what child faithfully listens to his parents all the time and is unfailingly helpful and responsive? For that matter, what grownup doesn't fail to measure up somewhere, somehow, whether at work, in relationships, or both?

Tarot cards draw on our subconscious. Like Rorschach inkblots, we see in them what is in us. The fortune teller probably "stacked her deck" with cards generic enough to strike a chord in everyone.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Maybe that fortune teller is a god that made your son unlock all the knowledge of the universe.
Now he wants to apply that knowledge to the universe by helping the world.
Your son is essentially god.