• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Fictional NTs

Mac

MBTI Type
INTJ
There was/is a House discussion someplace, somewhere around here... if you can find it.

Going mostly by iNtuition, I tentatively and/or truly agree with the others.

Is this the thread you were talking about? House MD = INTx? - INTP Central
It was on INTP Central. There are probably quite a few discussions on House, though, he is a very intriguing character.

Can you specify which ones you tentatively and truly agree with? I'm just curious, if it's not too much trouble. Thanks.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
It was on INTP Central. There are probably quite a few discussions on House, though, he is a very intriguing character.

Can you specify which ones you tentatively and truly agree with? I'm just curious, if it's not too much trouble. Thanks.

There was another one... but I can't find it either. :doh:

End conclusion was that house is either INTJ or ENTJ. Mind you, typing house is difficult; he doesn't fit into normal psychology very well. (So as to not spoil the character if you haven't watched it through, I'll it at that... but he has past and present issues).

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
House, I think is an INTJ. His Intuitions are very strong. His Thinking logic is reasonably underdeveloped by comparison.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

:steam:So you are going to make me rise above my laziness??? sigh...

INTJ
Batman
Obi-wan Kenobi [as played by Sir Alec Guiness; was more of an SJ in how he was written in SW1-3 and played by Ewan MacGregor]
Sherlock Holmes
Hannibal Lecter
Mr. Fantastic aka Reed Richards

INTJ or INTP

Dr. House [I never saw the show, just read people discussing it]

Not Sure
Jigsaw (from Saw 1-3) -- saw Saw 1, not sure (he's psycho!)

Dracula's Enneagram is probably a 4w5, which seem to correlate to INFx types.

You're typing Dracula, the archetypical vampire?!

You have a better shot typing the bloodsuckers from Interview with the Vampire.
LeStat: SJ (?)
Louie: INFP
Armand: ?
Girl vamp (Kirsten Dunst): ?
French Vampire (Stephen Rea): ?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The first Saw reveals relatively little about Jigsaw's character.

But let's face it -- those are the kinds of games that INTJs would love to play!

Green Goblin (Norman Osborn), Spider-Man - ENTJ
Dr. Ock (Otto Octavius), Spider-Man 2 - INTP
Hans Gruber, Die Hard - INTJ
The Devil, The Bible - ENTJ
Lord Voldemort, Harry Potter - ENTJ
Professor Dumbledore, Harry Potter - INTJ or INFJ
Emperor Palpatine, Star Wars - ENTJ

Mac

MBTI Type
INTJ
:steam:So you are going to make me rise above my laziness??? sigh...

INTJ
Batman
Obi-wan Kenobi [as played by Sir Alec Guiness; was more of an SJ in how he was written in SW1-3 and played by Ewan MacGregor]
Sherlock Holmes
Hannibal Lecter
Mr. Fantastic aka Reed Richards

INTJ or INTP

Dr. House [I never saw the show, just read people discussing it]

Not Sure
Jigsaw (from Saw 1-3) -- saw Saw 1, not sure (he's psycho!)

Hahaha...sorry about that. But a little extra typing won't kill you, unless maybe there's acid on your keyboard...that reminds me, where did I put that phial of acid I had the other day...? Hmmmm....

Anyhow I've only seen Star Wars 1-3 so far and they were awesome. Ewan did a great job as Obi-wan, in my opinion. I'm planning on seeing 4-6 soon.

Obi-Wan: "But Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future."
Qui-Gon Jinn: "But not at the expense of the moment."

Qui-gon is probably a 'S' because he is thinking about the present. However Obi-wan is most likely a 'N' because he is thinking about the future.

I'm relatively new to MBTI typing though, I could be wrong.

The first Saw reveals relatively little about Jigsaw's character.

But let's face it -- those are the kinds of games that INTJs would love to play!

Agreed. Jigsaw is so brilliant, yet so evil. Defiantely a "Mastermind". Very interesting character. :devil:

Mac

MBTI Type
INTJ
There was another one... but I can't find it either. :doh:

End conclusion was that house is either INTJ or ENTJ. Mind you, typing house is difficult; he doesn't fit into normal psychology very well. (So as to not spoil the character if you haven't watched it through, I'll it at that... but he has past and present issues).

House doesn't seem social enough to be an 'E'. He spends a lot of time alone in his office thinking. His only friend is Wilson.

I agree, he is very difficult to type.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Mac, I can't quite get over the fact that you haven't seen Star Wars 4 - 6 :shock:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mac, I can't quite get over the fact that you haven't seen Star Wars 4 - 6 :shock:

I know, I know... Sigh. (What are they teaching the kids in school nowadays, if not Star Wars?)

He should be extremely pleased, then... since IMO they were much better overall (even if the visuals are 20 years older). And Obiwan is SO much more INTJ in those.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, Obi Wan is so much more INFJ in those.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always looked at him as something of a religious counselor -- religion isn't the most rational thing in the world. Wouldn't you think a Thinker would be more scientific than spiritual?

And his detachment probably has more to do with Introversion, wouldn't you say?

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type

Yeah...certainly not the same Mac as the old Mac(Guffin), who's practically memorized all the dialog, background music, and non-verbals from Star Wars and BSG. :dry:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always looked at him as something of a religious counselor -- religion isn't the most rational thing in the world. Wouldn't you think a Thinker would be more scientific than spiritual?

No. There's no reason why that should be so. Note that he's lived in the wilderness for years, and shows remarkable understanding of technical devices despite not being around them for decades. Just because he lives a stripped-down hermetical life doesn't mean he has to be an F.

And both INFJ and INTJ can be considered "mystics."

And his detachment probably has more to do with Introversion, wouldn't you say?

He's introverted, extremely so. But that doesn't say anything either way about his detachment.

The Ewan MacGregor version was also very T, not F. So, carrying character continuity forward, the T rendering probably makes more sense.

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
Rivercrow is probably an INTP. Possible INTJ. Certainly a legend in her own mind.