• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Fictional NTs

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
No, but the type seems to fit the more far-fetched villains -- remember, they're called Masterminds! :p (Just like the ESTP is portrayed as the one who takes credit for the protagonist's ideas!)

"seems to fit" still isn't "automatically equal to". also, fictional villains (psychopaths) almost always lose to do-gooders fighting the 'good fight'. even when the 'good guy' is clumsy and not-so-bright. that something you really want always associated with your "mastermind" self?

i, for one, would be more apt to agree with mycroft, if for no other reason than that one.

Uberfuhrer said:
And for a non-psychopathic INTJ: Ellen Ripley, Alien (there, happy?!)

getting there!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What can I say, I have a soft spot and even admire criminals. It's not their deeds, it's their vision. It's their way of perceiving the world that I admire.

And for the record, I almost typed Jigsaw as an xNTP.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
hey, i'm just saying that mycroft was right in that psychopath doesn't always equal INTJ.

What can I say, I have a soft spot and even admire criminals. It's not their deeds, it's their vision. It's their way of perceiving the world that I admire.

nothing wrong with that! but, we're talking about fictional ones, and sadly (and misleadingly) the non-psychopathic one usually consistently wins in those scenarios. that's why i said what i said.

Uberfuhrer said:
And for the record, I almost typed Jigsaw as an xNTP.

i don't know who that is, so i'm not sure what you're getting at here.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just saw Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, I'll add Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic) to the list of heroic INTJs.

(And Jigsaw was the character in Saw, who I typed as an INTJ which everyone got mad about.)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some more NTs:

Gordon Freeman, Half-Life video games - INTJ

Eli Vance, Half-Life 2 - ENTP

Gordon Gekko, Wall Street - ENTJ

Count Olaf, Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events - ENTP

Violet Bauedelaire, Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events - ENTP

Klaus Bauedelaire, Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events - INTP

Robert Langdon, The DaVinci Code - INTJ

Hannibal Lecter, The Silence of the Lambs - INTJ

Clarice Starling, The Silence of the Lambs - INTJ

Caractacus Potts, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - ENTP

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:azdaja:

Stop it now, you're scaring me.

Now, now, Hannibal Lecter is technically a hero (or anti-hero).

And besides, I feel I was objective. Furthermore, other sites label him as an INTJ. (Now Buffalo Bill, on the other hand is an INFP.)

Mac

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think the following are INTJ's. Agree or disagree?

Batman
Obi-wan Kenobi (from Star Wars)
Dr. House (from tv show House, M.D.) (not sure about him but definantely IxTx)
Sherlock Holmes
Hannibal (from Silence of the Lambs)
Mr. Fantastic (from Fantastic Four)
Jigsaw (from Saw movies)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the following are INTJ's. Agree or disagree?

Batman
Obi-wan Kenobi (from Star Wars)
Dr. House (from tv show House, M.D.) (not sure about him but definantely IxTx)
Sherlock Holmes
Hannibal (from Silence of the Lambs)
Mr. Fantastic (from Fantastic Four)
Jigsaw (from Saw movies)

There was/is a House discussion someplace, somewhere around here... if you can find it.

Going mostly by iNtuition, I tentatively and/or truly agree with the others.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
If my understanding is correct, House essentially is Sherlock Holmes in a different time and place.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think Jadzia-Dax from DS9 is ENTP. Occasionally me and my mates sit around and think about which Star Trek characters are most like us, and they always peg me as either Jadzia or Q. And since most people who know about MBTI say I'm very much ENTP, this must mean those two characters are too.

/logic

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some ENTJs
Master Control Program, TRON
Dr. Doom, Fantastic Four films
Sam Gerard, The Fugitive
The Bride, Kill Bill
Bill, Kill Bill

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Jadzia-Dax from DS9 is ENTP. Occasionally me and my mates sit around and think about which Star Trek characters are most like us, and they always peg me as either Jadzia or Q. And since most people who know about MBTI say I'm very much ENTP, this must mean those two characters are too.

A very good case could be made for Q being an ENTP.

Jadzia, though? From what I remember, her demeanor screamed "Introvert" the whole way. I never bothered typing the rest of her...

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
A very good case could be made for Q being an ENTP.

Yeah, I'm not sure whether I'm actually a bit miffed that people say I'm like him... though TBH, when I watch him, I laugh and smile and love the guy! :laugh:

Jadzia, though? From what I remember, her demeanor screamed "Introvert" the whole way. I never bothered typing the rest of her...

True, I guess she could go either way. But have you see the episode where she has that Trill guy who's training to be 'joined'? She seems very ENTP-ish in that episode. Since she's playing someone who's supposed to be like, several lifetimes old, I guess you could argue both that the character is an introvert who's had time to learn the confidence to appear extraverted, or an extravert who's learned to tone themselves down when necessary...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I'm not sure whether I'm actually a bit miffed that people say I'm like him... though TBH, when I watch him, I laugh and smile and love the guy! :laugh:

Oh, I think he's a hoot! Definitely a scene stealer, no matter where he appears.

(I'll even let you borrow my avatar of him, if you ever get bored with "demon lord of hades" or whatever you are using now...)

True, I guess she could go either way. But have you see the episode where she has that Trill guy who's training to be 'joined'? She seems very ENTP-ish in that episode. Since she's playing someone who's supposed to be like, several lifetimes old, I guess you could argue both that the character is an introvert who's had time to learn the confidence to appear extraverted, or an extravert who's learned to tone themselves down when necessary...

I don't know, it's been such a long time since I've watched that series (like, ten years?!? has it been that long?)

I got a real sense of perspective, stability, and calmness/understanding from her, though. She seemed very balanced, thoughtful, and well, wise...

Which makes sense if she is that old and has experienced so much.

Mac

MBTI Type
INTJ
If my understanding is correct, House essentially is Sherlock Holmes in a different time and place.

Yes, I've also heard that and it makes sense. What do you think about the other characters on my list?

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh, I think he's a hoot! Definitely a scene stealer, no matter where he appears.

(I'll even let you borrow my avatar of him, if you ever get bored with "demon lord of hades" or whatever you are using now...)

Yeah I've toyed with using an avatar of him. This current one is a nod to the other fictional character I've been likened to, who might also be ENTP, which is Jon Irenicus from the Baldur's Gate game series.

I don't know, it's been such a long time since I've watched that series (like, ten years?!? has it been that long?)

I got a real sense of perspective, stability, and calmness/understanding from her, though. She seemed very balanced, thoughtful, and well, wise...

Which makes sense if she is that old and has experienced so much.

That's what I mean, it's not necessarily indicative of type as much as age and experience. But there are times when she's very whimsical, playful and extraverted, like when she breaks into Klingon opera with the mistrel in a restaurant, or when she's playing with the Ferengi in the bar. And she does seem to have a 'wing it' attitude towards things and a thirst for discovery, too. In one episode she tells Kira, "It's my job to have a better idea!" which is quite ENTP-ish.